Women 200lb+, Let's Make June Joyous!!!

Options

Replies

• bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So the scale showed 129kg this morning, 3kg more than 2 days ago. This falls within my normal fluctuation but any worry I might have also evaporated once I measured myself because the part where the bra band goes measured 100cm! That's 2cm down from the previous lowest. The other measurements are on the low end of the range I've been seeing and I think my legs and hips are due for some loss.

My arms are still at exactly the same number as they've always been but my box push ups are getting much better so who cares. I had to do a bunch on monday in my workout and today I did 20 or so during the warm up and it is just getting easier to sustain deep ones with my chest reaching the box (I guess this is easier when you have a large chest but mine is modest at best and it's squeezed in by my sports bra) for more reps than before.

I made polenta for breakfast today. It was a staple item in our household as I was growing up but I'd never made it myself, even though I've had the ingredients for as long as I lived here. It was so nostalgic to eat and much faster to make than I anticipated. I did undersalt it. My mum's "loads of salt" and mine are not the same so I undershot it by a lot. Still very tasty. I was so hungry midway through my workout, my legs felt like they'd give out from under me. Working out in the morning when you're used to working out in the evening is so hard, your body needs time to adjust to it. And it's hard to eat in the morning so I only had a banana and it was all gone well before the midway point of the workout.

Now I have a work thing to go to and it's my boss's birthday so cake and no idea what's for lunch or dinner but as long as I'm within maintenance idc.
  • bojaantje3822
    Options
    @karilbrandt my go to easy to cook foods are sweet potato fries from the oven and a cabbage and potato stew. And you have time to do other stuff while it cooks. Veggie soup or a wok are very simple and fast too. Taugé, pepper, leek, mushrooms, all very easy and quick to prepare, with little prep.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

186.2 this morning, which is fine.

Poles last night was good, I did a chair spin for the first time, pretty successfully! It looks like this, except spinning down the pole:
    sx06opwuznjs.png

Tonight, I clean house and pack everyone up, we're going to my mom's house for the long weekend. I'm gonna make it on finishing this sweater today, I'm in the cuff ribbing for the last sleeve.

I have no idea what I'm going to make for dinner, but I'll figure something out. Probably something with tomato sauce, since I don't have freezer space for all this sauce! :lol: Maybe my ravioli casserole: frozen ravioli, sauce, and cheese, bake at 350 until everything's cooked.

Whatsisface came in clutch this morning, delivering me a fancy coffee on his way to work.

Tag party time.
    @pamperedlinny I love a surprise easy dinner, especially one that is an excuse to eat something I look forward to! Your walking video looks great, saving that one for later.

@kenziestabes that's the spirit! It's a marathon, not a sprint.

@karilbrandt
    The novelty of planning all those meals and cooking all of them has gone. I just want simple easy things and lots of leftovers that I don’t have to cook or do much prep!
    I feel. this. This is my life, lol. One way that I combat this feeling is to have go-to meals, both for myself and my family, that I know fit my goals. I eat pretty much the same thing every day, with little things tweaked for small novelty without all the work. Kind of a broad plan-of-action kind of recipe. What it looks like for me:

Prep: buy carton of egg whites, throw # of chicken breasts I need for the week in the crock pot every Sunday with some seasoning (various, depending on my mood, just throw it in there. Favorites: Italian dressing mix, ranch dressing mix, pickle brine) and portion into containers for the week

Breakfast (weekday): egg whites with some kind of meat/sausage/leftover meat/deli meat
    Breakfast (weekend): low-cal high fiber toast with cheese and egg

Snacks: a serving of fruit and a protein bar (I like Quest bars because they taste like desserts)

Lunch (weekday): chicken breast or tuna, various vegetables, either raw or frozen to be microwaved.
    Lunch (weekend): Usually too busy to eat, or eat an early bigger dinner

Dinner (weekday): whatever the family's having. Some of my favorite easy dinners: Egg roll skillet, pasta for the fam and zoodles for me with protein, ravioli casserole (see above), pulled pork out of the crock pot, and tamal pie (leftover pulled pork with vegetables, seasoned, under a lid of masa dough, like a chicken pot pie, but tamales)
    Dinner (weekend): takeout, or something that takes me longer to cook/I'm craving

Using leftovers is huge, for me, and one way I can make sure I have good leftovers is to make at least double the protein we need for dinner, so I can repurpose it with different sides/condiments the next day.

If you can find shortcuts that you like, lean into them! Some people like meal prepping overnight oats for the week, making a big batch and portioning. I know @goal06082021 does that. I know @rockitwell86 likes to make a fun omlette for herself in a 9x13 and cut it up for the week (hey girl, haven't seen you in a while!). Find shortcuts for yourself that you can live with, taking at least one meal out of the what-am-I-going-to-eat merry go round, if you can.

As far as veggies go, stir frys are quick, and I do it a lot for our fresh veg. Another thing I do is just make frozen! Microwaves are great. In winter, I like to cut up a bunch of root veg and roast it all at once, and eat it through the week. oh, and to second @bojaantje3822, I love cutting up potatoes into sticks, and air frying them for "french fries." So good.

Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png

• _manny_702
    _manny_702 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'11"
    Starting again date and weight:
    10/2021, 282 lbs
    June starting weight: 196.4
    June Goal weight: 188
    6/1: 196.4
    6/6: 195.7
    6/13:194.5
    6/20: 191.1
    6/27: 190.6
    6/30: 189.0
    June goals:
    🌼 weight training at the gym 2-3×week
    🌼 cardio 3-4×week
    🌼 balance school and my health by creating a manageable routine.

Well, I almost made it to 188, but I really just wanted to be in the 180's by my birthday so that was a success! Congrats to everyone on another successful month and welcome to those who joined us this month. I'm looking forward to July with you all!
    t01ehcy7wx0n.png
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!
  • bojaantje3822
    Options
    I drank 3,75L yesterday and I weighed in at 130 kg just now so I think my muscles are slurping back the fluids now that I'm exercising regularly again. The back stuff was useful and necessary and doable but it was really more of a warm up than a workout.

I wore a blouse I hadn't worn in over 6 months and it fit so nicely, amazing. Also my face looked skinnier on camera during my online meetings today so I was a little distracted by it. And I had a great conversation about a potential new workplace, within the same organisation and a very similar position but a different topic and slightly different work. My current contract ends Aug 31st and the new one is gonna be a permanent one ánd a raise so my day has been fantastic.

Casually managed 120 12,5kg db alternating hang snatches in the workout. And it felt easy. I'm getting stronger.

Now if only I was also getting more consistent at household chores because there's several days' worth of dishes waiting for me to do and I still have to cook and eat tonight.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I forgot - yesterday when I went to the grocery store I decided to get a mix for whole wheat muffins since our dairy doesn't carry any but less healthy muffins now. We used to get whole grain ones every other week. Well I start to make them this morning and started to smell chocolate. In small print on the bottom of the face of the box it said dark chocolate. I went ahead and put in blueberries and nuts in as I was planning. I like dark chocolate but not in the morning. I do not know why. My husband says they taste good. I will try them later today I guess. I only made 6 today and saved the rest of the batter for later in the weekend. Maybe I will take it to my brothers on the 4th to share. I have one of those muffin tins for mini muffins.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @karilbrandt I’m all about easy and also love the ease of zucchini. I get yellow squash and sweet potatoes (which I eat baked) a lot these days.

On the sweet potatoes I’ve been having chili beans (I use canned but it could be easy to make with dry beans and chili seasonings especially in a slow cooker) and cheese. I’m not sure if cheese is on your menu but it may even be good with just the chili beans. I’ve also had them with butter and adobo seasoning too. I can’t remember who suggested that to me in the first place but makes it super simple if I need something quick.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday 🎊🎈 @_manny_702
  • karilbrandt
    karilbrandt Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Where is the July thread? There are many and I forgot that today is the first day of July!

@bojaantje3822 – thanks for the advice/thoughts on quick and easy foods. Those are great ideas. I am cooking a green chili port stew this weekend that should last a while for leftovers!

@CupcakeCrusoe – Great ideas. I am doing low carb with no grain (bread, pasta, corn, rice), legumes or dairy so that has really limited some of my go to easy meals. But you have given me some great thoughts. I eat one of two things usually for breakfast so it is kind of OK. It is lunch and dinner that I stress about.
    About how you cook chicken breasts in the crockpot, I have been having trouble cooking my boneless, skinless chicken breasts without over-cooking and making them tough and dry. How do you cook them in the crockpot? That sounds like a great idea.

@pamperedlinny – Great suggestions. I think that I will do the taco meat one this weekend (minus the lentils since I am not eating legumes). I love taco salad and that will make a quick and easy one any time that I want!

@KeriA – it sounds like you did great on your walk.