What is YOUR biggest regret in life?

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I regret being truthful about having two pets when I wanted a second cat bc they actually checked with my apartment and they told me I had reached my animal limit of two animals with one cat and a rabbit(at the time it was actually two rabbits). I lost out on that cat and I wanted to give him a good home so bad. I was going to name him Vincent and Vinney for short. He was a huge boy and underweight with his fur shaved and patchy. He just wanted to be held. I always think about him and hope he found a loving home.
    I also always think about a dog I met the one time I volunteered at the pound. She was a short fat ugly little bulldog mix but the best personality someone could ask for in a dog. Knew how to fetch and was all around a great animal. I couldn’t adopt her at the time and I was afraid no one would come get her bc she wasn’t the prettiest dog.
    I’m just a bleeding heart for animals.
    I also regret not going into a career where I could save animals. I originally wanted to be a veterinary surgeon. Still want to open a rescue but so far have not come any closer to that goal. I don’t even volunteer. Tbh it’s bc that one time I did I felt so guilty and like I had failed them all by not being crazy rich and just giving them all a home myself which is a dumb train of thought but it’s mine.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I reckon it's that one girl from Dunwoody, Georgia.
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    Let’s just scrap the whole thing & start fresh
  • jodear8125
    jodear8125 Posts: 32 Member
    Taking advantage of my natural fitness and not looking after my body better, what you put in your body in earlier years makes a difference later
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    Not having more children
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    edited July 2022
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Staying in a couple of relationships way longer than I should’ve and not standing up for what I wanted and needed in those and others.
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,182 Member
    I didn't try hard enough to save someone from a vice.
  • Motorsheen
    Probably that one girl from Alamogordo, New Mexico.
  • twitchymcgee
    I knew I should’ve made a left turn at Albuquerque
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    getting bmarried and having 6 children
  • twitchymcgee
    gfjazz wrote: »
    getting bmarried and having 6 children
    That’s a lot of work ❤️
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    edited July 2022
    Pushing away people/well wishers who genuinely loved me because of seeds of doubt and fear planted by my @$$hole grandpa. He used to say they want to rape me and hurt me. This is the reason why I'm such a paranoid schizoid and literally have no friends in my life rn. I still don't let people come close to me. I still freak out(mildly though) when people,esp guys try to talk to me at the gym
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    As I was thinking of how to answer this, every time I came up with something, I realized that if I changed it I'd lose something I like about my life.

--> If I'd dated more as a teen, I may never have met my wife of 20 years.
    --> If I'd focused upon making the military my career instead of getting out after 10 years, I'd not have my current job which I (mostly) enjoy.

...and on and on. Even the negative experiences (if I'd paid more attention I could've avoided being sideswiped) may have prevented something far worse (if I'd made it to the next intersection I may have been involved in a lethal head-on collision).

It's fun sometimes to play the mind game "If only..." but I prefer to look at what I have, not what I could have had if I'd been willing to give up something else.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @nossmf Good answer and it's so true.
  • twitchymcgee
    edited July 2022
    I regret hurting people intentionally & unintentionally. I regret the choices of others that hurt me. Idc if they made me stronger or made me who I am today. I had/have a right to safety. I don’t wallow in this *kitten* but it would be pollyanna to pretend I wouldn’t change it if I could.

Different opinions make the world interesting, right?
  • Motorsheen
    Probably that one girl from Lake Charles, Louisiana.
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 433 Member
    Gaining 9 pounds.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    My biggest regret was that I rocked down to electric Avenue but never took it higher.