Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,465 Member
    Exercise: water aerobics

Had a very uneventful Canada day. We took the grandkids for ice cream. After we dropped them off we did do a very Canadian thing, go get coffee at Tim Hortons. It’s grocery shopping day so no pool. Have a super Saturday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Question

Sometimes we get cravings or urges to snack? What are somethings you can do to overcome snacking or give in to the urges?

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,757 Member
    Question

Sometimes we get cravings or urges to snack? What are somethings you can do to overcome snacking or give in to the urges?

Exercise is a good distraction.

Happy belated Canada Day! Happy 4th of July weekend to all of us Americans! Of course all of June was dry and the one weekend full of cook outs is a wash out. Much needed rain but why this weekend! Take it as we get it, I guess. My gardens love it.

I am at 1010 miles in my quest for 2022. That was through June 30. Closed 21/30 three fit ring day last month. It was a really great month for fitness but maintained pretty much all month on weight. I took a good look in the mirror this morning and found I have very little chicken wing flap left! My skinny clothes are my most comfortable and as soon as I can I need to replace the fat clothes as they are falling off. My skinny clothes need graduate to my fat clothes. Yes this is how I roll. Hoping July is more successful with the scale.
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Also, I stepped on the scale and have officially lost 70 pounds! Eeeek!

Wow, 70 pounds!
    That's amazing. Congrats!

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Thank you so much! I just can't believe the difference in how I feel
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Question

I log all my food the night before. It allows me to fit in snacks during the day without worrying too much. But if it's stuff like pizza(my huge weakness) it can be a challenge. I remember early in my journey my gf went to visit her mother and I ordered chicken wings. I had this plan in my head for weeks lol. I got my wings and physically felt so crummy after that I realized it just isn't worth it and having had a urge to pig out since.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    Question

I try to keep busy ...if I must have something I go with a snack bag size ...I am pretty good about keeping the snacking at bay ... I have been having fruit smoothies that I make myself which helps
  • lindamtuck2018
    Question

I try to keep my hands busy. Make a list of things you can do instead of snacking and post it on your fridge can be helpful. Keeping things that tempt me out of the house helps. If you can’t keep it out of the house only bring snack size home ie small bag of chips instead of family size. Some people brush their teeth and it helps them from snacking.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Username:jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 153.8
    CW: 153.2

It isn't the 1lb I was hoping for but it's a loss and I'll take it!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps
    6/26 6031
    6/27 11,847
    6/28 7427
    6/29 9884
    6/30 7968
    7/1 14888
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber
    Weigh in day Saturday 7/2

PW 227.8
    CW 227.8
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps

I lost track somehow this week so I’m giving you the whole week

Sun 6/26 3058
    Mon 6/27 5047
    Tues 6/28 7321
    Wed 6/29 2960
    Thurs 6/30 2795
    Fri 7/1 4915
  • Hi everyone, hope your Saturday was a good one.
    Got some jobs done this morning, then the dreaded food shopping at Tesco,
    Then had a shandy in the garden, went for a brisk walk this evening, then had 30 minutes in the hot tub. Still really struggling with my new diet, but am sticking to as much as possible.
    Steps today 10,152
  • Question

Mine tend to happen late in the evening, sometimes i just drink a full glass of water, and if that doesn't work, i go to bed to stop myself!
  • JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Made it through Canada Day festivities unscathed. Stuck to my turkey burger, although I had too much beer. Way too much beer. A friend of mind commented "how many calories is that" as I was getting sick in a nearby bush later that night haha. Burned a ton of calories playing backyard games and went for a walk this morning.

Got quite a few comments on my weight loss which felt nice. A few of my friends said they've started making better choices after seeing how successful I've been. Pretty cool.

Also, I stepped on the scale and have officially lost 70 pounds! Eeeek!

That sounds like a good day, well done on loosing 70 pounds that's amazing
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    The July Week 2 Group Challenge is now open and will begin Sun, Jul 3rd. Special thanks to @katmary71 for creating this challenge. Please join us for "The Rainbow Challenge". Hope to see you there! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10868455/july-week-2-group-challenge-the-rainbow-challenge/p1?new=1

Jessica :smile:
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all are having a great weekend.
    Check in for 7/2:
    Steps -7946. Went out shopping with wife. Once in the car and once walking a couple blocks. I don't know which surprised me more. She normally sits on her bed all day. Went shopping with daughter tonight.
    Calories - 2260 or close. Better than yesterday by far.
    Did a much better job controlling my snacking. Stomach is growling a bit but to bad.
    Exercise - none. Body hurt to much from 2 trips to the gym and a 6 mile walk in 30 hours. I am going somewhere tomorrow though.

Thank you, Linda, for asking the question about snacking and thank you, everyone, for answering.

Tomorrow is a mystery day. It's my birthday and daughter has said she has stuff planned. I have my lunch and dinner already planned since she will be working but breakfast and dessert are unknowns. Trying a "new" recipe, squash gratin, with dinner. Found it in a recipe book of old recipes. It will be interesting.
This discussion has been closed.