Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all are having a great weekend.
    Check in for 7/2:
    Steps -7946. Went out shopping with wife. Once in the car and once walking a couple blocks. I don't know which surprised me more. She normally sits on her bed all day. Went shopping with daughter tonight.
    Calories - 2260 or close. Better than yesterday by far.
    Did a much better job controlling my snacking. Stomach is growling a bit but to bad.
    Exercise - none. Body hurt to much from 2 trips to the gym and a 6 mile walk in 30 hours. I am going somewhere tomorrow though.

Thank you, Linda, for asking the question about snacking and thank you, everyone, for answering.

Tomorrow is a mystery day. It's my birthday and daughter has said she has stuff planned. I have my lunch and dinner already planned since she will be working but breakfast and dessert are unknowns. Trying a "new" recipe, squash gratin, with dinner. Found it in a recipe book of old recipes. It will be interesting.

Happy birthday for tomorrow, hope you have a lovely day 🎈
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member

Hi all.

Happy Sunday.

28Haveitall
    Weigh in day: Sunday

Pw: 249.4

Cw: 248.4

Congratulations to all the winners of week 1.xx
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 171 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps for this week:

6/26: 2012
    6/27: 3164
    6/28: 2987
    6/29: 2403
    6/30: 2513
    7/1: 1580
    7/2: 2009
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,474 Member
    edited July 2022
    @rwood566 I hope you have an awesome day! 🎂🎁🎉🥳

q97135ag40d8.jpeg

• lindamtuck2018
    @JaysFan82
    Congrats on 70 pounds lost! You should be proud that you are inspiring others to get healthy. Pre logging is a great idea.

@IP2021
    Great job! Any extra movement is a bonus and it is getting you to your step goal. Very impressive meeting those goals.

@888Angie888
    Wow! Over 21k!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    That’s great you are able to control snacking. Fruit smoothies are a great idea. Fills you up and helps you reach your fruit and veggie goal.

@Jpedno
    Nice loss! Every loss adds up. Great stepping.

@Morethanjustanumber
    Are you fully recovered from Covid?

@Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Hopefully, each day it will get a little easier. Going to bed to avoid snacking is a valid approach.

@rwood566
    It is important to take those rest days.

@28Haveitall2020
    Awesome loss!

@aneedlecraft
    Great job on your steps.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited July 2022
    Exercise: none

I was hoping to get to the pool today but it looks like it is not going to happen. It is getting so close to my vacation. Today the suitcases are coming down so I can start packing. I need to finish my lists so nothing is forgotten. I am going to book our whale watching and a few other things today. I am also getting my father-in-law to get in touch with the fisherman and put an order in for my lobster. 🦞
  • lindamtuck2018
    Of all the changes you have made since starting your journey, which one has helped the most?
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited July 2022
    Of all the changes you have made since starting your journey, which one has helped the most?

For me it’s definitely giving up Coca Cola. It helped both my weight loss and diabetes.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 878 Member
    Steps 7/2: 10,758
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member

Swimming has been a God send. I want to start back running soon but I needed to drop a bunch of weight first. Mainly for my right knee.
  • RoniMo16
    RoniMo16 Posts: 9 Member
    Good morning All!

Weigh-In:

Username - RoniMo16
    Weigh in day - Sunday
    Previous weight - 223.6
    Current weight 224.8

Steps: (GOAL 11,000 a day)

Sunday - 11,476
    Monday - 10,044
    Tuesday - 9,526
    Wednesday - 9,236
    Thursday - 10,495
    Friday - 10,735
    Saturday - 10,338

I’ve gained this week, which sucks, but I’m hoping it’s because I’ve increased my weights during my strength training sessions. Also, if I’m being completely honest, I could have done better with snacking this week.

I have a problem with sugar, so my focus for this week will be to minimize my sugar intake. That’s MUCH easier said than done (at least for me), but I’ll start with having multiple snack skip days, I guess 🤷🏽‍♀️. I’ll keep you posted on that. I’ll also increase my steps to actually meet my daily steps goal lol since I’ve been focusing on strength training lately, I’ve been slacking on the steps.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    Happy Birthday Roger ... I hope you have a fantastic day :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited July 2022
    6rky28mds1th.png

Here is my Sunday friendly reminder of the people's steps I need ... Please have them in by Tuesday evening 7/5...If I do not have them in by then I will have no choice but to zero them out ...Thanks for understanding and your cooperation :)

@red1185 6/26 - 7/2
    @Morethanjustanumber 7/2
    @aactuallyaash 6/26 - 7/2
    @nite_0wl 6/26 - 7/2
    @MadDuck62 6/27 - 7/2

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps: GOAL 10,000 a day

Sunday - 14,963
    Monday - 12,816
    Tuesday - 13,321
    Wednesday - 10,471
    Thursday - 16,523
    Friday - 19,446
    Saturday - 21,297

Welcome back! Look to your NSVs until the scale starts cooperating. I can see one with your working out. You will get the eating sorted out. Just start with one small thing that you can change with your eating. Right now for me it is cutting back on potato chips. I was eating a snack size bag every night. My first change is no eating the during the week. Second step will be cutting them out on the weekends. That’s my small change.

Thank you Linda. I’m trying so hard to stay positive and look at other signs of progress other than the scales. I have been able to build my muscle back up in the past month which really shows in my shoulders and arms. I do really struggle at the moment with snacking. I am quick to grab stuff and shove them in my mouth without thinking or caring about the consequences. I will try for some small changes this week. Thanks for the encouragement ♥️

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Welcome back Mari ... It is so nice to have you back with us and the step challenge ..You were missed <3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

Logging honestly ..measuring all my food and walking :)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Sooo I just got back to the house after my long run. 6 miles. I ran a lot and walked some too but it got done. Along the way I passed a lady walking her dog. She told me I was amazing and inspiring. She stopped me to chat - she was recovering from a broken ankle and two surgeries and today she walked longer than she had before during recovery. She said I inspired her to go farther! So kind of her to say that. A big thanks to Ronnie and her dog for making this slow runner feel like an athlete this morning!

This also puts into perspective why I am running - to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation and to recognize my husband's return to health after some pretty scary moments in late 2021.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

7/2 9,747 steps
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    edited July 2022
    Happy birthday Roger!
This discussion has been closed.