Women 200lb+, Let's Aim For The Sky This July!!!

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Okay I wasn’t going to post replies to your posts so early in the month but ....

@seltzer_lover just WOW that is a lot of progress.

@kenziestabes I like the softball 2fer.

@Generic_Excuse 4 lbs a month is a good healthy sustainable weight loss. If you were heavier maybe more would be okay for a while. At 1st people do lose a lot sometimes but over time it slows down as it should. Even with 4 lbs a month loss you need to take breaks from deficit eating. The problem is after you lose all the weight you want you have to maintain so you need to learn how to eat at your TDEE or the weight will come back. In other words you need to transition at some point to sustainable healthy weight management. Celebrate any progress you make you deserve to feel good about it. Progress can be made without losing every week or month. If you are eating healthier and exercising your body will still improve. You can change your fat %.

@CupcakeCrusoe yes I slept enough too and I came down in weight too.

@goal06082021 Yes that is awesome hitting the 70 lb mark!
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    @goal06082021 @KeriA Thanks, sometimes I am really too hard on myself and it's easy to forget how well I am doing. This group is a perfect place to be for that for sure thanks to people like you.

@goal06082021 Congrats on the 70lb mark!! Also, I had a tubal ligation 6 years ago at 27 after my 4th c-section. I know that procedure was a bit different than a regular TL but it was definitely a longer healing process than my other cesareans so I completely get you wanting to be at a healthy place before going through it for sure. I hope your consultation goes well!
  • karilbrandt
    karilbrandt Posts: 55 Member
    Yesterday I went to lunch with a friend, so I went higher in calories than I wanted, but they were still in a manageable range. BUT the sodium was really high, so I added some water weight. I hope that it will come off fast. I had a Margarita as a splurge as well as some Cheddar Fries as we were at Snuffers, and they make the best cheddar fries. But I had a Caesar salad with grilled chicken for my entrée. Snuffers marinated grilled chicken is the best! So, it was a great lunch. Also, I hadn’t seen that friend in a while, so we spent 2 hours at lunch catching up and talking. All around a good day. I cooked yesterday evening making a dish that I really like and that leaves leftovers to have over next week. It turned out really well, so I am set with some easy meals moving forward.

• Sticking to my plan 95% of the time. Only small variations.
    • Lose 5 pounds (down to 246)
    • Start more regular exercise again. I was doing something every other day, but I got out of the habit and need to get back.

7/1: 251
    7/8:
    7/15:
    7/22:
    7/29:

@CupCakeCaruso – While McDonalds isn’t the best, it isn’t the worst either. When I end up there, I usually get a Filet o’Fish as it is both lower calorie and lower sodium than some of the other options. But good job not going too high despite the McDonald’s outing.

@goal06082021 – good job on the 70 pounds lost! I only hope that I can get there too!

@KeriA – great goals. I hope that your fitness continues to get better! I need to work on my fitness too. That should help me get healthier and possibly lose some weight.

@Imgoff232 – I struggle almost daily with depression! It is one of the reasons that I ended up at this weight to begin with. I am really working on better controlling my depression. My change in eating habits has actually really helped my depression (as does walking regularly – I really need to get that going again). At least now you are aware that is an issue and can take steps to address. Good luck!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Keri
    69 years old
    5'6"
    SW: 266ish
    CW: 248.8 (I got down to 247 last month) new scale weighs me 6 lbs heavier than old one so not sure about how much I have lost.
    Halfway GW: 199.5
    UGW: 150
    July GW: get into the mid 240’s

I post weigh- in when I lose.
    7/2: 248.8
    7/3: 247.8

🌻 July GOALS! 🌻
    🟨 Log daily on MFP and track on my spreadsheet
    🟨 Keep making progress with walking longer and walk 6 days a week
    🟨 Add strength training (weights, body weight and stretching)
    🟨 plan and cook healthy meals at home
    🟨 Eat at a sensible deficit

I am now down to within a tenth of a pound of last month's low so I am set to lose some more this month if I keep consistent with exercise and a healthy deficit.

@Imgoff232 I know the “didn’t track beyond breakfast” phenomenon although usually I log the rest of the day the next morning but not always. Take care.

@karibrandt sounds like a good day. I love when there are good leftovers.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,548 Member
    I'm on the app so no tag party today. I did weigh again on Saturday (my normal day) and was down a half pound between Friday and Saturday. So YAY!

We are hosting an Independence Day Cookout tomorrow so I won't be tracking. I have been banking a bunch of exercise calories the past few days though. I figured it was better to be ahead than to worry about "fixing" the damage later.

I already scheduled my next bi-weekly blog post to go up on Tuesday do I'll share that link on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm off work through Tuesday and hope to actually find time to relax by then. It's been a busy weekend so far.

I hope everyone stateside has an amazing holiday!
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    edited July 2022
    I was feeling skinny so I decided to measure myself. My hips including my butt measure 126cm. My hips right below my butt measure 123cm! My last measurement was 128cm but I can't remember if that was below or including my butt.
    I also finally lost off my chest 😂 down to 114cm from 118cm.

Compared to the 6th of march this year (the earliest post-corona measurement) I lost:
    9cm off my chest
    9cm off the area directly below my chest
    2cm off my waist
    12-15cm off my hips, depending on whether my butt was included
    5cm off my belly measured at the belly button
    No difference for my thigh
    3cm off my calf
    1cm off my ankle
    No difference for my upper or lower arm
    0,5cm off my wrist
    1cm off my neck
    1,5cm off my head
    7kg lost (based on the lowest I saw 24-25 June)

Some of these measurements were bigger in the days following march 6th but these are the earliest recorded ones. My hips changed the most and my arms show no difference. I kinda wish I had my january 29th measurements because I was at my heaviest then but oh well.

Compared to march 2020 I lost 8cm off my chest, 6cm off my underchest, 1cm off my waist, 5-8cm off my hips, 2cm off my ankle, 1cm off my wrist, 2cm off my belly, gained 1cm on my upper arm, had identical calves and thighs and lost 2kg (based on lowest).

I think overall we can conclude I lost mostly fat and despite the scale moving slowly I am seeing changes in measurements, except for my arms. But idk if that means I'm just not losing off my arms or if maybe I'm gaining a little bit of muscle there. My legs have always been very well-trained, my arms not so much. Also my measurements fluctuate as wildly as the scale does, all of these were a few cm larger before the weekend. Not training got rid of some water in my muscles I assume.

Feel free to theorise. I'm super happy that my hips got smaller. Maybe I'll fit into non-skinny jeans at some point. I might weigh myself later if I remember.

I was also browsing online clothing stores and wondering what would and wouldn't fit me so now I can actually know based on numbers. I went down half a size since some of my old clothes now fit again and my shoes got a bit wider but mostly my size in sportswear changed. Everything else only fits a little differently. Though based on the numbers I'm still overall 10cm larger everywhere than the charts assume but at least I know this about myself.

Also since my diet break I'm struggling to eat aound 2500cal again. When I went from 2300 to 2500 I couldn't do 2300 anymore and now that I've done 2900-3100 for two weeks I struggle to eat 2500. I've had a few 2500 days, a few 3000 days and one unfortunate 2150 day. But I don't wanna deprive myself if I'm hungry so I'll try to stay below 3000 and aim for 2500-2800. If I go over 3000 once a month that's okay, if I go under 2400 once a month that's okay too, but 2500-2800 should still be 0.5-1.2lb loss a week approx. so that's what I'm going to aim for.

In other good news, I had my last physio appointment for my ankle today. It's not 100% healed because running is still a no but we were confident I have all the tools to see my recovery through without his supervision. Yay!

Tonight we're doing "The Chief" which is 5x3 minutes of as many reps as possible of 3 power cleans, 6 push ups and 9 air squats, followed by a minute rest after every 3 minutes of work. We did this one 4 months ago so it's nice to compare progress. I found my result from back then so we'll see if I can do better now. Apparently I did 30kg power cleans and used a 25 inch box for my push ups. Let's see how it goes!

Happy 4th to all the Americans. I don't remember what you celebrate on this day but I hope you have a good time.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning everyone!

188 today, which makes sense, given I went to a party yesterday and only very loosely tracked, so I know I was somewhere around maintenance yesterday, lol. But I didn't go so hog-wild that I gained 2 lbs, either, so it's fine. I drank quite a few high-calorie drinks yesterday, but they were delicious, no regrets. And I feel so, so bloated today. Oof.

Plan for today is to clean up the house, prep food for the week, play some games with friends, and generally relax before going back to work tomorrow. Oh, and make a trip to get more supplies for the cat, I've been forgetting to get more flea stuff and a filter for his water fountain.

Tag party time:
    @Inky_one
    so I can start my 30s under 16 stone. But I know it's just a number on the scale, and I'm not going to make myself ill to get there too quickly
    good for you, this is the right call. And you can make good progress. :smiley:

@goal06082021 CONGRATULATIONS on hitting the -70lb mark! That's amazing. I hope the swimsuit looks exactly the way you want it to look. And I hear you on wanting to go into the TL a little lighter. I'm currently weighing all my options in that regard, and still kind of going back and forth on a third kid, although at this point, given *gestures around*, more back than forth.

@KeriA Slow but steady! And your fitness improvement is extremely measurable and great progress! And I see that you've lost some more, well done!

@ddky Hi, welcome! I'm sorry for your loss. A solo vacation sounds exciting, though! And you've got a good plan to improve your fitness in preparation for it.

@lmgoff232 I used to do this, too, leave things off the diary. With MFP, I found I really, really wanted to click that "complete day" button and have it tell me something nice, lol. I hope that your depression leaves again, or if you don't have homemade serotonin, store bought is fine, as my friends and I like to say.

@karilbrandt ooh, splitting cheddar fries with a friend and catching up? Sounds ideal. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better about where you are with cooking.

@pamperedlinny have fun at your cookout!

@bojaantje3822 you're doing so well, and The Chief sounds tough but doable, my favorite kind of exercise.

I think with how well you fuel yourself, it's perfectly possible you're doing some deficit muscle building.

Some people do a big, big deficit and then try to claim that any slowdown in weight loss is "muscle," but it's very hard to build muscle on a deficit! If you don't have the fat stores, don't consume sufficient protein or calories in general, and don't challenge the muscles enough, muscle building on a deficit just won't happen.

But given the way you're eating and how much you're working out, I'd say it's perfectly possible for you. Some people naturally gain muscle a little more readily than others, too, and that might be you! If so congratulations, lol, you're living the dream! (while eating a number of calories per day I can only dream of :lol:)

Have a good day, everyone!
    weight.png

• bojaantje3822
    The Chief is super well-balanced, with pull, push and legs in one and you can decide how hard you wanna go. The RX is real push ups off the floor (which I absolutely cannot do) and 45kg power cleans for women (which I can do but don't wanna do in a cardio workout, which is basically what this is). I'm a little slow at any weightlifting stuff because I'm focused on form and I'm slow at the push ups because even off a box I can only do 5 at a time with plenty of rest so here I do 3-3 with a few breaths of rest. But it's a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it!

That's exactly the kind of insight I was hoping for. I'm very lost on what you can and cannot do w.r.t. muscle in a deficit so I didn't know if I was speaking nonsense. But what you're saying makes sense and the strength improvements I've seen also seem to add up.

Eating enough protein is a challenge because I don't eat a lot of meat so I aim for approx. 100gr. Sometimes I eat meat or fish and get to 130gr so easily (and feel angry about it 😡 ), but my natural eating style only gets me 75gr so I'm really forcing the kwark (no idea what that is in english, cream cheese?)
  • bojaantje3822
    The scale said 126,5kg before my workout. That's fine. The Chief kicked my butt but it was good. Tabatha after, also pretty good. Now dinner and bed
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited July 2022
    Glad to be back and Thank you @RavenStCloud for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65. 5'2", Shrunk 2 inches when I was at the Dr. :-( Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs. Down 100.2 lbs so far!
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs
    5/1/22-158.8 lbs
    6/1/22-152.2 lbs
    7/1/22-157.4 lbs. Down 97.6 lbs currently.

7/3/22-160.4 lbs :( I've been like a See Saw, up, down, up, down for 4 months now. Still doing my Elliptical for 180-210 minutes for 13-14 miles. Did a Marathon, 26.2 miles on the elliptical about w weeks ago. Recently added weight work. Got my son to take some of the heavy plates off our Leg/Shoulder press rack. Doing Leg press with 100 lbs, Lat pull downs and Bicep curls, 50 lbs each on the double pulley rack and 10 lb dumb bell bicep curls and Tricep kickbacks. Hopefully this will kick start something or at least tone me up!
  • NoNameWonder
    NoNameWonder Posts: 99 Member
    So excited to be with all of you for another month. My daily weights have around a 5 lb swing, so it's hard to tell in the short term what my weight is. However, it seems like I am down 4 to 5lbs for June, so thank you all for all the support.

Goals for this month, complete my food logs and try to fit in 1 workout video a week.

July weigh ins:

7/1: 225 ish
    7/8:
    7/15:
    7/22:
    7/29:
  • bojaantje3822
    @NoNameWonder unless you've been eating in a surplus, the lowest weight you've seen is it. The scale can always show something higher due to water or waste but it can't show something lighter. You didn't suddenly lose a kidney or something right before you stepped on the scale, trust the low.

My weight can fluctuate by as much as 15lbs. I definitely didn't eat 50K cals in a surplus over a few days. And I didn't eat at a 50K cal deficit in a week either to lose it all.

It sucks to see a higher number but you've lost those 5 pounds.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited July 2022
    Good morning everyone!

187.2 today, working our way down from the high induced by partying maybe too hard. :lol:

Today, I'm working from home, and Whatsisface and I are doing work lunch together, which is nice. We're getting sushi and boba tea and I'm very excited. Means I'll eat my normal lunch of chicken and squash for dinner instead of lunch, but I'm good with that. And then I'll get home from the gym too late to go over my calories.

Tonight, I'm going to Pole Twerk and Oh, Split! It's a good combo, I'm looking forward to it.

Tag party time!
    @bojaantje3822 Oh, I've heard of quark! I've got relatives in Poland, and it's really big there. I want to try it someday.

Yeah, getting sufficient protein can definitely be hard without meat/fish. I don't know how I would do it without my usual egg whites breakfast and chicken for lunch, and in fact, when I don't do those things, I usually don't hit 100 easily.

@swimmom_1 welcome back! I know it sounds counterintuitive, but hear me out- what if you slowed way down on the cardio and focused more on weights and rest for a little while, maybe eat at maintenance for a couple weeks, see if your body likes the break and switch up?

Just $0.02, worth what you paid for it. :smile: I hate seeing people toil away in cardio, it was a thing I did, and I was miserable while I did it.

@justanotherloser007 glad you're still around, glad that you've got the hives under control, sorry to hear that it's doing weird things for you weight-wise, but health is primary, so hooray for that. You do seem to be making good progress regardless of your prednisone.

@NoNameWonder small habits add up to big change over time, I like your goals! Also @bojaantje3822 is right- always trust the lows, the rest is water.

Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Height: 5'4"
    Starting Weight: 320 lbs
    Current Weight: 290 lbs
    Goal Weight July: 279 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 180-199 lbs
    Weigh in Day: Friday

7/1: 290 lbs
    7/8:
    7/15:
    7/22:
    7/29:

🌈 Goals 🌈
    :star: Get in at least 8K steps per day!
    :star: Drink at least 100 oz of water per day!
    :star: Workout at least 3 days per week: bodyweight, HIIT, walks, yoga, dance
    :star: Log consistently each day
    :star: Unpack 2-3 boxes every day in our new home so I can be done unpacking by the end of the month!

2022 has been much better for our family so far and we are very grateful for this. I am proud of having lost 30 lbs so far and am looking forward to losing another 30+lbs for the rest of this year! We have a big vacation coming up at the end of this month where we will go visit family in a beautiful place that we have not seen since the pandemic began. SO VERY READY FOR THIS! We also will be camping one of the evenings we are there and we and our boys are stoked for that.

YRpPbcw.png
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but felt like introducing myself to some new lovely faces as I reset. I had lost 68lbs on MFP from late 2019 through early 2021 (242 down to 174) and have since gained 36 of it back after losing motivation, going through a bunch of stuff medically, etc. I'm now back at 210 and am aiming to refocus. I turn 39 this month, and I WILL be at my goal weight by my 40th birthday and in the best shape I've been. Then, I can conquer the world with the other items that have been on my to do list for far too long that I've lacked the confidence to do.

I am still trying to figure out an exercise routine that works for me. I ran for years, and love small group training at the gym, but earlier this year I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease and fibromyalgia which you know - explains why my body hurts 24/7 and I always feel like it's my first day back at the gym after 57 years off. And by "I'm still trying to figure it out" I mean I'm still doing the same routine despite my doc saying I probably shouldn't be - albeit running fewer miles - and hoping either my body just stops hurting or my brain somehow decides it likes yoga. Seeing this in writing makes me realize I'm more of a work in progress than I'd like to admit. LOL. 😬

Maryann: 38 for 3 more weeks, 5'8"
    Starting weight 7/5 - 210.8lbs
    Final weight goal by 7/25/2023: 162lbs
    Goals for July:
    • I'm also part of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge on MFP and the three goals there every month are: No more than 3 pass days, exercise at least 20 minutes a day, track daily.
    • Don't let one birthday day become a month of poor decision making.
    • Add more yoga/stretching to my life to try to make things hurt less
    • Decrease my coffee intake (Currently at 2 x 27oz mugs a day)
    • Draw something every day, no matter how small or trivial it is.
    • Run 4 miles at least once before the end of July (I was running 4-5 miles at least 3 times a week before my back and hips staged a coup earlier in the year. I'm currently at either 2-3 miles a run depending on my body. My goal is to get all runs up to no less than 3 miles, and hit 4 miles at least once in July before moving to 4 miles once a week in August.)

I'm looking forward to kicking some butt.

Apologies in advance: You will probably see most of my posts edited because I seem incapable of noticing typos until I hit post. 🤦‍♀️
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe what if you slowed way down on the cardio and focused more on weights and rest for a little while, maybe eat at maintenance for a couple weeks, see if your body likes the break and switch up?

I'm thinking the same thing but I'm in a work challenge through 7/22. So maybe after that is over I will try it. I do eat more calories than the 1000-1200 (but still less than with my added exercise calories. Those days I eat more than my 12-15 carbs too) on my off days because of exercising those days.