JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited July 2022
    JFT for 7/3 (today):
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 7/1)✔️
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/28)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 7/7✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/2) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/24) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    6) Nuts ok (22-28 g), but none of the deluxe mixed nuts today.✔️
    7) No beef jerky today. (last 6/29)✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/29)✔️
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1).✔️
    JFT for 7/4 (tomorrow):
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugar-free or no sugar added. (last 7/1)
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/28)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 7/7
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/2) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/24) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    6) Nuts ok (22-28 g), but none of the deluxe mixed nuts today.
    7) Beef jerky ok today. (last 6/29)
    8) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 6/6)
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 7/3)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1).

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - July 4
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise - 10 Mins

🇺🇸 Happy Independence Day to my American friends. 🇺🇸
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member

JFT Sunday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake, or muffinsno
    2. Eat under calorie limitno
    3. Log everythingno
    4. Walk yes
    5. Medical appointment paperwork no

Well, a poor day for diet. I had corn and potato with fake butter with Sunday dinner and that was too many calories to make up with the walking. Then I had cookies again. So that was my big holiday dinner. Tomorrow is a big medical appointment for my mom, so that will disrupt my day.

JFT Monday
    1. No candy cookies cake or muffins
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Yoga
    4. Fast marching
    5. Medical appointment paperwork

Annie
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 7/4 (today):
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/2) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Beef jerky ok today. (last 6/29)
    8) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 6/6)
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 7/3)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except for my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - May eat a little early if our BBQ gets done early :-)
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 7/4 (today):
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/2) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    7) Beef jerky ok today. (last 6/29)✔️Didn't eat today.
    8) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 6/6)✔️Didn't eat today.
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 7/3)✔️
    JFT for 7/5 (tomorrow):
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/2) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) No beef jerky ok today. (last 6/29)
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 7/3)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Anniesquats100

JFT Monday
    1. No candy cookies cake or muffins no
    2. Eat under calorie limit no
    3. Yoga yes
    4. Fast marching yes
    5. Medical appointment paperwork yes

Well I am still worried about this medical appointment for my mom and it shows in my eating. We haven't discussed it yet. My family avoids conflict. But the worst that could happen is that she refuses to go, and I can handle that. Actually the worst is that she accuses me of trying to trick her into going. It could really change our relationship. But that's not likely. We are headed towards me being in charge of her, and she won't like it or accept it easily, but with her memory failing, it has to happen. It's going to be a tough day tomorrow. At least I got the groceries done today.

Annie

• Snowflake1968
    JFT - July 4
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Exercise - 10 Mins -🙂

JFT - July 5
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise - 10 Mins

@Anniesquats100 - I hope you are able to get your Mom to the appointment. I remember we had to fight our Mom to go. She forgave us.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 7/5 (tomorrow):
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/2) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) Can be flexible with eating and eating times at the doctor's offices today.
    Hour commitment - going to have coffee stuff really early today due to 8 am doctor's appointment for DH.

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Hello again JFTers! Hope you all are well :)

I'm feeling relaxed and grateful after a fantastic family vacation on Chincoteague Island, VA with our kids and grandkids. We'd vacationed there a few times when our three kids were young, and it was such a delight to watch them revisiting the place with their own children. We lucked out and had gorgeous weather all week, so I got lots of exercise biking through the nature preserve, walking on the beach, and kayaking in the bay. I'd decided that I wasn't going to stress about food, but lots of fresh seafood and produce made it easy to balance out the treats. Since I'm sure I had lots of extra sodium, I'll wait until the end of the week to weigh in.

After a relatively quiet Fourth, my husband went back to work this morning. I get an extra day to do the laundry and get organized before the Early College summer program starts on Wednesday. I'll use today as a transition day and get back to logging and posting health goals again tomorrow.

JFT Tuesday, July 5:
    Pick up dog
    Finish unpacking
    Laundry
    Recycling
    Work in the garden
    Prep for class
    Catch up on JFT posts

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    JFT for Sunday, 7-3:
    1. eat breakfast/take morning pills :)
    2. no grains or sugar :(
    3. no caffeine after noon :)
    4. 10,000 steps :)
    5. walk :)
    6. home workout :)
    7. 8 C water :)
    8. big salad! :)
    9. at least 5 daily freggies :)
    10. SLEEP! :)

Got up super early on Monday, drove to my mom's house and did slave labor for her all day...didn't track, but I followed my low-carb eating rules and I got 12,239 steps!

JFT for Tuesday, 7-5:
    1. eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. no grains or sugar
    3. no caffeine after noon
    4. rest day
    5. 8 C water
    6. big salad!
    7. at least 5 daily freggies
    8. SLEEP!
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited July 2022
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹JULY 2022 🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    WEEK 1: 1 - 7 July

Focus for July:
    Eat Heathy!
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    Active hours > 6
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

Solid Habits:
    😃😃😃😃😃

🦄 Terri
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 7/5 (today):
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/2) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    7) No beef jerky ok today. (last 6/29)✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 7/3)✔️Didn't eat
    11) Can be flexible with eating and eating times at the doctor's offices today.✔️
    JFT for 7/6 (tomorrow):

Hour commitment - After I finish my milk, I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Park walk. YMCA class.
    2. Duolingo; Lang8?
    3. Create image for MF meeting. Update WCDP.
    4. Fold laundry & put away.
    5. Update Beanstack. Nap!
    6. Finish writing book list script. Blog post.
    7. Read & answer discussion Qs on Elegy for CTC group THURSDAY.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Call dr about prescription. Set up digital portfolio. Check with KS about presentation. Wait for complaint resolution, then shoot SJ video. CTC Thurs 7P. Sat library. Sat livestream. Sun podcast. Sun art gallery???

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 211.1

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist June 21. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion July 7 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • Anniesquats100
    Thanks @snowflake1968
    My mom did go to the appointment and it went really well. The doctor was awesome, and my mom did better than expected on the memory tests. It was stressful though. We had to drive into Wilmington and we were late because my mom is so slow. I was stress snacking all morning. So I blew my calories again. And I never posted goals for today. At least I did my dumbbells tonight. So here goes a fresh start for tomorrow.

JFT Wednesday
    1. No candy cookies cake or muffins
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Yoga
    4. Fast marching
    5. Lots of water
    6. Salad

Annie
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - July 5
    1.5L of water - 😕 1L so it’s better than it has been.
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Exercise - 10 Mins - 🙂

JFT - July 6
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise - 10 Mins
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Wow, I haven't been at work for over 2 weeks. One week was training, then a week of vacation, then we had Monday & Tuesday off for the July 4th holiday. I did sort of keep up with my email, but only in so much as I responded to emergency issues. The rest is still waiting.

Gave blood yesterday and crashed on the couch at like 8:30pm, didn't even have dinner... Even with a very full night's sleep, I didn't make it to work even remotely on time today. Go figure, but I did shower.

I'm not a big fan of "programs" to lose weight, but I'm getting desperate so I'm going to try one. Basically, I'm going to buy premade, pre-portioned food to help me control my intake. It will still be calories in < calories out, but with more structure than I've been using. My cousin lost 110 pounds in a year and a half, and a friend dropped 60 in a year. I will have a "coach" for accountability (in addition to my JFT Family), hopefully something will click and I'll turn a corner. If not it's money down the drain... I have a call with my coach this afternoon to learn the ins & outs. I'm curious as to what I'll have to do and if it is a maintainable lifestyle or not. It is supposed to teach you to cook and portion out healthy meals as you go from what I understand. I really just need something to help with commitment, hopefully having a coach will fill that need.

Not sure if Tim and I are playing trivia this evening or not, may jut chill at home.

JFT Wednesday (more like Monday)
    - Weigh :(
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Meds :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :( took my 8:30 meeting at home then got in around 9:00.
    - SOOOOOO much work to catch up on!
    - Talk to coach
    - Home by 5:30
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:30
    - Log food
    - Stay green

Happy Wednesday y'all!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    My daughter and her boys came over for a swim yesterday, so I didn't get much done. I'm halfway through the laundry, but I've still got a good bit of unpacking to do. And the garden needs a lot of attention, so hopefully I can catch up by the end of the week.

Class went well, but attendance was low. I guess some students decided to take an extra day. I'm going to spend the rest of the day at Mom's, so I won't be back on track with food and exercise. Won't get much walking in and we'll eat out, so I'll put off logging and exercise for another day.

Recap - Tuesday, July 5:
    Pick up dog - :)
    Finish unpacking - No
    Laundry - Some
    Recycling - :)
    Work in the garden - watering and pool maintenance
    Prep for class - :)
    Catch up on JFT posts - Not yet

JFT Tuesday, July 5:
    Balanced meals
    Hydrate
    Finish laundry