Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Monday were Jessica Smith Power Walking and Cathe's Slide & Glide.
    We finally got some much needed rain. It must've been a cold front because now we have a NNW wind and it feels like early fall.

Laurie, great job getting so much yard work done and for doing Jessica's Upper body workout. I'm glad you liked Jessica's workout. It really is a good one.
    Thank goodness Rocket is back to loving you again! I hear you with those advanced yoga moves!

How nice that you're having morning temps in the 50's! I'm glad you also got some rain and had a beautiful Sunday! You should start preparing a "honey do" list for your DH so he doesn't get bored! LOL

Laurel, sorry you had such a hot weekend! I'm glad you got to play golf and that you had a more comfortable Monday!
    Great workouts!

Being outside felt great during the weekend and today. I think the max temp today was 83. We all desperately need a good amount of rain. I am also an introvert.

We all should feel very proud of the workouts we're doing at our age. We do more than a lot of younger people. I'm always surprised at how much the people I know refuse to find ways to exercise. They complaint about not having a place to exercise or good exercise classes in town. I suggest Jessica Smith and other YT instructors, but they can't get themselves to do it. I think we were very well prepared for the covid lockdowns. We were already used to working out at home alone. Out of all of our friends, DH and I are the only ones who worked out the entire time. If someone really wants to exercise, any place will do and Jessica's workouts are so doable and free!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was one of the GHUTV Gold workouts Barre Boxing 1. I don't mind working the lower half of my body, it I can punch and kick also. :D

Laurel, Great job with all the workouts! Sorry to hear that you had all that humidity, but you did get out for some golfing, so not to bad. Hopefully the nicer weather will be with you for a while longer. We still have these beautiful days, it's just so nice. I'm also an introvert, so I know that I will never be bored when I retire. That is probably why we don't mind doing our workouts from home. DH is more of an extrovert, so this should be quite interesting. He does have friends that are retired, so he may have to visit with them to get his people fix. :D

Thelma, Love the workouts! Glad to hear that your temps have gone down after the rain. It really does seem that we are in a similar weather pattern. I won't bug DH with a honey do list until fall starts up. He will be working on his cars this summer, so all the other things that need to be done will have to wait until he can't be in the garage for extended periods of time. Of course he does have a heated garage now, so he could stay out there a lot. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun 60 minute spin followed by Cathe Live New Year’s Countdown. This latter workout is Cathe’s shortest live workout but is a nice little metabolic add-on which was perfect today.

Thelma, sounds like a perfect combination of workouts! I may try Slide and Glide again later this week. It has been a long time since I have done it. Our temperatures are nice again today and, fingers crossed, we may get rain later this week. I agree with everything you said about our workouts. Even my DH, who could talk himself out of working out for any reason, has managed to get into a nice routine since COVID started. I think if more people took it up for long enough to get over the DOMS pain and the memory of what it was like to not workout, they would realize how much better they feel with some movement in their lives. As you said, it doesn’t really take much. At our ages, it isn’t about ‘losing weight to look great!’ but, instead, keeping our bodies as mobile and strong as possible. But it is hard to convince people that exercise really will make them feel better when maybe all they have experienced from it in the past is pain.

Laurie, love the sound of that workout. I agree that lower body workouts aren’t so bad when you can punch! :D At least your DH has hobbies and interests that will keep him busy. I have always worried about my DH with retirement because he worked such long hours for so many years, he never has developed any true hobbies. But he is getting better. COVID really helped him shorten his work days, and he loves the yard work and golf and such. Hopefully by the time he retires, he will have added to that list. I am not as worried about him as I once was for sure.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Tuesday were Gina B Power Walk 80s Style, Pickleball and KCM 30MTF Lean Body Circuits I.
    We had another dry and overcast day here. There were a few sprinkles at around 8pm and we might have some rain today too.

Laurie, great workout!
    Good idea to hold off on the honey do list until the fall.

Laurel, great workouts! I think you will enjoy doing Slide & Glide again.
    I'm glad you had nice weather today. The rest of the week may be rainy around here.
    How wonderful that your DH has kept up with his exercise routine!
    Sometimes exercising feels like a chore, but it's an absolute necessity to keep on moving. My back would be a mess if I didn't exercise.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was another GHUTV workout. This one was Circuits in 6. So there are six total exercises, with one being a cardio move. She did three rounds of the six. This was a very metabolic type workout, since my hr was up the whole time. I really do enjoy those types of workouts. Next two days are for upper/lower work. :)

Laurel, Love the workouts! What a way to roll in the next half of the year with that New Years Countdown workout. ;) I sure wish that my DH would get into the exercising. I'm going to be hopeful that while he his home all day that he at least gets out for a longer walk that around the block. I told him that walking our whole subdivision would be 3 miles, so I'm crossing my fingers. ;) He can walk fairly fast, so that should bring his hr up. Yesterday DH told me that the company that runs the facility services asked him if he was still interested in consulting work. I was very happy that DH told him not until the fall, and he wouldn't be wanting to do it everyday. I'm thinking that DH will be a busy no matter what.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, and of course getting in some pickleball. You are right, working out can be a chore at times, but the theme of Yes You Can keeps going through my head when I don't want to. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was X10 Fat Burning Circuit into Cathe Live Total Body HiiT. This latter workout is a Bootcamp style workout of 7 rounds, each starting with cardio and then 3-4 strength moves. I really enjoy it.

Thelma, great workouts. Yay for the Pickleball! Hope that was fun. I agree that there are days I really could just not with working out (actually, I have weeks I feel like that every day). But I know my back and my shoulders would be in horrible shape if I didn’t. I probably would be pretty significantly limited in my activity, and that makes me kind of scared to think about. So I keep trudging up the stairs and pushing play. :)

Laurie, great workout. I love the format of that workout you did. I find workouts like that have a tendency to fly by. DH has become adamant about getting 10,000 steps in every day. He comes home from work, changes and heads right out the door. It takes him about 75 minutes, but it has made all of the difference in his energy levels which is wonderful. I hope your DH can find something similar after Friday. Like you say, it just takes a few miles. I am glad he is holding the line on the consulting work. My sister retired from teaching earlier this month and went back to tutor a week ago. She lasted two days. She just was not ready for that yet and has promised herself to wait until autumn to attempt it again.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2022
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Peloton Pop Ride and S&S Boot Camp. I hadn't done that boot camp workout in a long time. It was a sweat fest! I loved it!

Today was in the low 80's. No humidity and the 60% chances of rain turned out to be sprinkling for 5 minutes!

Laurie, sounds like a great workout! Good job!
    Good for your DH for not accepting to work until the fall and NOT every day!

We really need to find ways to motivate ourselves into working out during those challenging days!

Laurel, great workouts!

Pickleball was a lot of fun. I hope to start doing it on a weekly basis again.
    I never imagined that you'd have days where you didn't want to workout! You are very good about pushing through those days though. There are days when I can't push myself at all. I've been really good about pushing myself extra hard lately and my body is starting to feel different in a good way. I don't do my workouts back-to-back like you do. I just don't have the energy to do it that way. Today I worked out 3 different times in addition to doing my power walking outside while I let the chickens have outside time. I literally walk back and forth in a space of about 12-15 ft. I got 3000 steps doing that in one short session this afternoon. I didn't think I'd hit 10,000 steps today because of the spinning workout but I did because of my short walks outside several times a day.

Your DH is doing so well with his walks! Clearly walking makes him feel good so he's sticking with it! How exciting about your sister's retirement! Good for her for recognizing that she needed a break after retirement before she could start tutoring.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was upper body, and I also wanted to get in some cardio. I did Chris Freytag's Walk, Sweat, Sculpt - Upper Body. I did go way heavier than what they where using in the workout. Chris even said that if you are more advanced, then you should go as heavy in weights as possible. They where using 8lb weights for the whole workout. For those large muscle groups I was using 20 & 15's. ;)

We are going on vacation next week, so my workout schedule will be way off. I'm looking at doing all bodyweight workouts, since we will be in a hotel. So much easier to do bodyweight vs. having to do weight work. Of course I do have some bands also. :D

Laurel, Great workouts, and the HiiT one does sound really good. My DH does have a FitBit, so I think that if he sets a goal for a certain amount of steps, then he could just start there. I know that he doesn't want to take Rocket with him on these longer walks. Walking a dog is a lot slower than how fast DH walks. :D Interesting that your sister had that experience. I'm glad that DH is taking the summer off then. Everyone around here is asking when I will be retiring. I had brought in some leftover cake, and sent out an e-mail that it needed to be eaten. So that is how the conversation started. I could retire, but I want DH to have a few years all to himself, then I can retire and screw up his whole routing. :D

Thelma, Love the workouts! That bootcamp workout is another one that I also have not tried in quite a while. The amount of rain you got, sounds like what we had. I thought for sure we where going to have some rain this morning, but the dark clouds just rolled on by. Great job getting in all those steps, you are being active while protecting your chickens.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I decided to workout with Cathe live again this morning. Why is it every time I choose to do that, she does a super long, super tough workout? :o:) Today’s workout was To The Mat Legs, Glutes and Core. She used both elastic and fabric loops as well as a stability ball. It was about 65 minutes long and pretty tough. But it was good. I followed it with a 60 minute interval and arms ride from Peloton—their first 60 minute class of interval and arms. It, too, was tough. I’m drinking water now. :D

Thelma, great workouts. I love how you work to get extra steps into your day. If I don’t take a walk, I find myself walking around in circles as well. If I didn’t, I would be far more sedentary than is good for a person. Trust me, there are many days it is mentally tough for me to workout. I don’t mind listening to the physical side of ‘don’t do this’, but when it is my mind…..I try to push back. I think I realize somewhere inside of me that no matter how ingrained the habit, it would still be easy to just stop. I don’t want that. We finally got some rain last night! It didn’t last long, but I will take what we get right now.

Laurie, great workout. I hope you enjoy your vacation next week. Sounds like you have a good plan for workouts. I understand why your DH wouldn’t want to walk with Rocket when he is walking for fitness. Dogs walk at their own pace. :D I think it is wise you and your DH didn’t retire at the same time. Too much change at once is…..too much change at once. :D Even if you don’t wait a few years, giving him time to adjust before you need time to adjust is probably good.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B 2500 Steps and 30MTF - Trim Down. I actually had the 30 MTF DVD still in its shrink wrap! Great workout. Kelly alternates between boxing moves and compound exercises with weights.
    I can't believe this week completes part I of our rotation!

It got a warmer today than previous days. I think we hit mid 80's but the humidity was a little higher. No rain again! The weather for Friday calls for 50% rain. I'll believe it when I see it!

Laurie, sounds like another great workout! Good job going super heavy!

I hope you and your DH have a wonderful time next week! You can get an amazing workout with those bands!
    It will be strange for your DH when you retire because he'll have his own routine. I think it will be strange when DH retires. He's thinking of doing it next year.

Walking a dog is definitely slow walking. At least it is with little Louie. He stops from time-to-time to smell the air. LOL

You should try that S&S Boot Camp workout again when you have a little extra time. It's really good.

Laurel, great workouts! The live workout does sound tough! Good job!

I don't know how it never occurred to me to march in place while I was keeping an eye on the chickens outside. It's been really good for my back. I agree with you that no matter how ingrained the workout habit is, it would be easy to just stop. It would actually be way too easy!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Jessica's Lower Body workout from her new series. I did have to get my butt moving a little earlier than usual to get this one in on time. :D Overall a really good workout, and one that I will do again.

Laurel, Awesome workouts! The live one really does sound like a tough one, and very lengthy. You really did two tough workouts for sure, and understand why you had to fill up on some water. ;) I hear you on the mental will power to just stop exercising. It can be way to easy to just say, oh I will do this or this before I exercise. You can do that everyday, and for sure talk yourself out of working out because "it's just to late" to do anything. I have been there. I know when I retire, that I will have to be very diligent about setting a certain time for my workouts.

Thelma, Great workouts! I love that Trim Down workout. One of the premixes is all the cardio/boxing moves, and I use that one when I just need a quick cardio. I hope that you get some rain today, but we are going through the same thing. We had all that rain in May, and now our grass is crispy. Rocket is exactly like that. I think that his nose is on the ground all the while he is walking. So when he smells something good, he needs to mark that spot. :D

Have a great 4th of July, and enjoy your week. We will be coming back on Sunday of next week, but it may go into Monday also.

Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough combo of Cathe Live Step and Weights and Cathe Live 200. Both are Bootcamp/circuit workouts. The step workout I hadn’t done before, and it was pretty moderate. But Cathe Live 200 has always been brutal, and it was brutal today. I was going to add on Pilates, but I had had enough before then. I did get a nice walk in with DH though. :)

Thelma, great workouts. The humidity is up here too, but we climbed back into the 90s yesterday and even though they mention the possibility of rain….I don’t believe them. Everything is just so dry, which has me a bit concerned about Monday and fireworks. Hopefully people are smart.

Laurie, great workout. I thought that one was pretty thorough for sure. What you describe about putting working out off without a schedule is why I make sure I get it done early in the day. When I was working, I never imagined I could ever be a morning exerciser, but the minute I stopped working….that’s what I became. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Happy 4th!! Enjoy the long weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you a great weekend. We had a nice, quiet, hot and busy weekend. We got 13 minutes of rain on Saturday and a nice downpour on Monday night.

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Flow Yoga and Jessica Smith Walk a 5K - Steady Walk.
    Saturday - Gina B. Low Impact Cardio
    Sunday - Jessica Smith Kickboxing HIIT and Body Blast Push and Pull Upper Body (2 sets)
    Monday - I managed to do some slow Gina B cardio workout on Monday. I started to feel a sinus headache on Sunday night and Monday was a blah day.

Laurie, great workouts and I hope you and your DH have a wonderful vacation!

Laurel, great workouts! That Cathe Live 200 sounds like it would kill me! LOL

Our temps have been in the high 80's and will continue that way the rest of the week.
    I was concerned about the lack of rain and the fireworks. There were more fireworks down the valley from our neighbors this year than ever before. Thankfully everything is OK.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was a nice blend of errands, chores and playing golf. It was hot all weekend and getting hotter every day. We are again under a heat advisory and there really is no end in sight for it. Thankfully we had a nice long rain shower on Sunday night, but everything is still so very dry. Thankfully there were no issues with fireworks, so that makes me happy. But I have to admit…..the heat is beginning to bother me and I usually love heat!

Anyhow, for workouts, on Saturday I did LIS Slide and Guide and 75(!) minutes of power yoga with Kristin McGee. That felt so good. Sunday was a 30 minute low impact spin into Fit/Split Shred Cardio (on a 4” step) and Push Day and the 30 minutes of Pilates I skipped on Friday. Yesterday was Fit/Split Mixed Impact Cardio Doubled premix with Pull Day and the bonus Stability Ball Core section from Butts and Guts. Today was a 60 minute spin and Perfect 30 Perfect Flow 29 minute mishmash premix, which felt great.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry you weren’t feeling well yesterday, though. Hopefully you are doing better today. I am glad you finally got some rain as well. It looks like we are right in the edge of a massive heatwave the extends throughout the entire center of the nation. For your sake, I hope the edge stays where it is and away from you. They are talking heat indexes here over 110…..and we are on the edge! It looks like up by my in-laws in Missouri it will be horrible. I suppose it is July and heat is to be expected. But this entire summer has not felt like any summer we have had here before. And it isn’t an improvement. :#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, another not so good day for me. I did a low impact Jessica Smith cardio workout today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

We got a pretty good amount of rain tonight and a nasty thunderstorm. I don't like thunder and lightning scares me.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I hope that heatwave stays away from here! Sorry you're under a heat advisory. So far it looks like our temps will remain in the upper 80's. Stay cool!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Opposites Attract, which is a high rep total body push/pull workout, followed by Cathe’s 2015 Road Trip Kickboxing Class.

Thelma, I am sorry to hear you still aren’t feeling well. Good job doing a workout that felt okay. Hopefully today is a better day for you. We hit 100 degrees yesterday in Huntsville….the first time since October 2019. Our heat index is already over 100 for today. This just isn’t much fun. I saw where the heat wave is hitting Atlanta. Hopefully your mountains will keep you a little cooler.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I woke up feeling better and after I took the sinus med things went downhill. I've hardly eaten. Food just isn't appealing to me, but I have to force myself to eat in order to take my meds. My dinner was a piece of buttered French bread and a diet coke. Later on, I had some saltines.
    I did manage to get some Jessica Smith low impact cardio in the morning.

It felt warm today but there was a nice breeze most of the day. By 4pm we hit 90 but soon after that, we were hit but a huge thunderstorm that dumped a healthy amount of rain in the area. The temperature down 10 degrees and there was a northernly wind. Amazing! We may hit 90 tomorrow and Friday with heat indexes around 100. I saw that Atlanta and places south of Atlanta were in the middle of a heatwave! We have chances of rain pretty much every day for the next few days.

Laurel, I'm sorry it's so hot in Huntsville. I hope you'll get some relief soon! We are definitely staying a little cooler here in the mountains!
    Great workouts!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I felt like doing a lower body workout today (for some unknown reason), so I just went with it and did Cathe Live Wicked Lower Body and Core. It felt good so I am glad I did it. I followed it with two 20 minute Peloton spins—a Tabata spin and a pop ride.

Thelma, I am so sorry you continue to feel so poorly. If your stomach is upset, I would definitely forego working out until you feel better. Hopefully whatever is irritating your sinuses goes away soon because it could be the medication upsetting your stomach. Anyhow, hope you feel better soon. Like you, we got dumped on with rain last night, and it was wonderful. They are predicting more this afternoon which doesn’t excite me as much since I need to get out and get my military ID renewed. I have my fingers crossed the storms hold off until I get home. I don’t like driving in really heavy rain for sure.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited July 2022
    Hi Ladies, I woke up feeling better today and did a faster Gina B workout. I also managed to walk outside while watching the chickens. I felt exhausted in the afternoon and a little nauseous. I couldn't eat dinner. I'm not taking meds anymore. DH isn't feeling well now.

It was on the cool side this morning. It was a nice day. I didn't think it was hot today and tonight got a little cool again. No rain even though we had thunder, wind and dark clouds.

Laurel, great workouts. I can't wait to be able to start working out again.
    I'm glad you finally got some rain! I hope it wasn't raining when you went out to renew your military ID.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Push/Pull Heavy Weights followed by her live class yesterday which was Cardio Box—Arms and Abs. Both were good workouts and complimented each other nicely.

Thelma, I am glad you were feeling a little better yesterday. It sounds like you have a bug if your DH is beginning to feel similarly. Rest and relax until you feel better as much as you can. Hopefully you both will be better come next week. It looks like we are back into a more typical summer pattern for Alabama with hot humid days and lots of storms. We got absolutely dumped on with rain yesterday afternoon with a couple of our neighbors yards flooding again. Except for the flooding, the rain is so very welcome still. At least our grass is coming back to life. And I can handle the daily heat so much better when storms come through and cool it off a bit for the evening.

Hope you enjoy the weekend.

Laurel