Losing 65 lbs is expensive!

ElMeroKeeQue
ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 541 Member
I’ve had to buy a whole new wardrobe over the past year. Still trying to lose another 5 lbs or so but I hope my clothes won’t be too loose. I guess it’s a good expense then?

Replies

• ElMeroKeeQue
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    That was one of the downsides of weight loss, for me: I needed a whole new wardrobe. It wasn't so much the cost - I limped through the loss process with minimum excess expenditure, and exploited sales and consignment shopping at goal. It's that I hate clothes-shopping - any time, any type - with a fiery passion.

On the positive side, that's one thing that's helped me keep at a healthy weight for multiple years since loss: I shudder at the thought of needing another whole new wardrobe, all at once. Just no. If my jeans get snug, it's time to cut back, period, end of sentence.

See that’s the thing. I enjoy how my new well fitting clothes look. So buying them is tough but it feels great when I see myself in them. So I celebrate that each time.

• ElMeroKeeQue
    Also… celebrate your success. I am happy about how I look now, feel justified in my feelings of accomplishment, and I don’ t want to hide in clothes that are multiple sizes too big for me. Appropriate self confidence in one’s appearance is part of positive overall physical and mental health. I loved buying new clothes that fit correctly and am not embarrassed to admit it.

Yes!
    The expenditure sucks but it is like a reward to get something new and look good wearing it!
  • ananiordonez
    ananiordonez Posts: 17 Member
    Ohh yeah!! I think this expense is the most gratifying, been able to looks that before will never consider.
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    Ohh yeah!! I think this expense is the most gratifying, been able to looks that before will never consider.
    Yeah I think eventually the expense will slow as I reach my target weight which is maybe another 6 lbs. So the light is a the end of the tunnel from that perspective.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!