Best workout to get rid of back fat?

I’ve been going to the gym and eating healthy for 3 months. I usually do 30-40 mins of cardio and then some strength training as well for lower and upper body on alternating days. I know I won’t see immediate results, but I would like to know what worked best for others. I’m not really sure what the best method is for getting rid of my bra bulge would be.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,095 Member
    Just lose weight overall. Your body will decide when to lose fat where, you can't target specific areas unfortunately.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Walking away from the kitchen perhaps?

Diet to lose fat all over, you can target muscles to work but not fat.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Walking away from the kitchen perhaps?

Diet to lose fat all over, you can target muscles to work but not fat.

This... you cannot spot reduce.
  • BrickFox
    BrickFox Posts: 61 Member
    As stated above, your genetics determine where you lose fat, not isolating exercises.

I would only suggest you try strength training at least 3 times a week, if you don't already. It's a great way to burn fat, and develop muscle, which your body needs to protect your joints, discs, and ligaments.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    ole232323 wrote: »
    I’ve been going to the gym and eating healthy for 3 months. I usually do 30-40 mins of cardio and then some strength training as well for lower and upper body on alternating days. I know I won’t see immediate results, but I would like to know what worked best for others. I’m not really sure what the best method is for getting rid of my bra bulge would be.

You can't target fat loss with exercise. You just have to lose weight in general. Your genetics determine where you store fat first and where it comes off first or last. Primary fat stores are a first on, last off kind of thing.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Calorie deficit.
  • Countandsubtract
    Countandsubtract Posts: 276 Member
    edited July 2022
    It sounds like you're on the right track. You said you're eating well. It might just be a matter of time.

Defined muscles could make the benefits of your work move obvious, if that interests you.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    What the others said. But one more thing: Eating healthy has no influence on losing body fat. You could eat the healthiest food in the world (what's the definition of healthy anyway?) but if you're consuming too many calories you still will gain weight, and potentially gain more fat at the back.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Yep to the above. But: improving fitness is it's own reward. A fit body is beautiful, whatever the body type.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Working out isn't going to make you lose back fat, or any fat for that matter, if you are eating too much. You need to be in a calorie deficit to lose fat.
  • ole232323
    ole232323 Posts: 126 Member
    I’m sorry everyone I guess I phrased it wrong lol I am already in a calorie deficit, I’m just looking for different workouts to tone my back.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    ole232323 wrote: »
    I’m sorry everyone I guess I phrased it wrong lol I am already in a calorie deficit, I’m just looking for different workouts to tone my back.

Keep going in your calorie deficit and eventually it will go away. You cannot spot reduce.