What's on your mind?

Replies

• FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    Well the Internet is down so no more work for me today. What’s everyone doing?

I am very busy but not really doing anything.
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member

Tell us a story????
  • FeastRepeat

Tell us a story????

Long long time ago, I can still remember...
    February made me shiver
    With every paper I'd deliver
    Bad news on the doorstep
    I couldn't take one more step
    I can't remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died
  • twitchymcgee

Tell us a story????

February made me shiver
    Bad news on the doorstep
    The day the music died
    Bye bye
  • FeastRepeat

Tell us a story????

February made me shiver
    Bad news on the doorstep
    The day the music died
    Bye bye

Fine...Guess you didn't want to hang out after all
  • twitchymcgee

Tell us a story????

February made me shiver
    Bad news on the doorstep
    The day the music died
    Bye bye

Fine...Guess you didn't want to hang out after all
    I dooooo!!!!
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Miss American Pie
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    I’ve finally got assigned an international flight which means it’s a huge plane. 😬 I’ve never done one of those before and I hope I don't screw it up too much. I’m tired of looking dumb out here. But the other newbs have been looking dumb too so there’s that. I have company.

I didn’t know you had a new career. It sounds interesting and cool and I’m sure you’re more than capable

I’m working the ramp ‘fleet service agent’ now for supposedly the best company. I don’t fly much and have nothing to compare it to. (Servicing the planes and throwing yall’s heavy af luggage) Once I’m out of probation I’m flying everywhere I can in two days since I’m full time. Won’t have vacation until next year.
    It’s whooping my whole *kitten* and I haven’t found where I fit in yet but my foot is in the door and this is a career job. It was really rough at first but I’m getting better every day and I have been waiting to stumble into a career so here I am.
    I have my eye on maybe becoming a flight attendant instead. They get to work in air conditioning and look girly all the time. Have to learn to smile at people I guess. 😬
    Also, that plane turned out to be a regular plane. I was excited for the big one.
    The smiling thing would be a dealbreaker for me.

Being girlie would do me in
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Someone say pie? 😃😋🥧
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Ever walk into a place and think this is it....I'm gonna die here?
    Small town horror movie stores are scary
  • twitchymcgee
    Started the night off keeping company while my friend fed the horses & cows and a BOTTLE BABY!
    3062jy4dkirk.jpeg
  • FeastRepeat
    Started the night off keeping company while my friend fed the horses & cows and a BOTTLE BABY!
    3062jy4dkirk.jpeg

😍
  • twitchymcgee
    3062jy4dkirk.jpeg

😍
    Best part was riding on back of the four wheeler as she drove along the fence line giving out grain. Also seeing a couple of horses she’s rehabbed doing so much better.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    3062jy4dkirk.jpeg

😍
    Best part was riding on back of the four wheeler as she drove along the fence line giving out grain. Also seeing a couple of horses she’s rehabbed doing so much better.

Oh wow 🔥... This totally makes me feel like I need to get out of bed and go outside 😂...

But I did get gassed in the face with sodium bisolfite last night working in the outfall dry well 😂... So there's that 😂...

I bet the wind in your face felt great ❤️
  • twitchymcgee
    3062jy4dkirk.jpeg

😍

Oh wow 🔥... This totally makes me feel like I need to get out of bed and go outside 😂...

But I did get gassed in the face with sodium bisolfite last night working in the outfall dry well 😂... So there's that 😂...

After that we went to an outdoor concert which was supposed to be the real part of our evening but honestly I enjoyed the farm chores far more. Highly recommend

What is bisulfite and what is an outfall Drywell. Do you need to go to the hospital?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    3062jy4dkirk.jpeg

😍

After that we went to an outdoor concert which was supposed to be the real part of our evening but honestly I enjoyed the farm chores far more. Highly recommend

What is bisulfite and what is an outfall Drywell. Do you need to go to the hospital?

😂... Nah I felt better like an hour later, strong man 😉...
    Although I'll totally ham it up 😂...
    We use it to remove chlorine from our discharge water... It's a strong base really...

You know I'm going to an outdoor concert this weekend to see Confunkshun at the county fair... Now I love Confunkshun but I think I'd rather be gassed with chemical again 😂...

• FeastRepeat
    3062jy4dkirk.jpeg

😍

This is how I want to live. So tired of the city.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    3062jy4dkirk.jpeg

The last time I visited a farm, I got mud all over a favorite pair of Ferragamo loafers.

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    Two days in a row that the heat took me down. 🥵
    I’m not sure I should even bother leaving the house tomorrow.
  • twitchymcgee
    edited July 2022
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    3062jy4dkirk.jpeg

The last time I visited a farm, I got mud all over a favorite pair of Ferragamo loafers.
    The reason I was riding on the back of the ATV is because I was wearing suede slides.

& you’re right. It’s dirty, uncomfortable, unending work. Which is why I only visit. When I first moved to the country I thought I would want to do some form of farming. I had read a lot of books. The reality is just…

In the interest of deromanticizing farmwork:
    she cannot leave town without finding/hiring competent people to care for the animals. She doesn’t do dairy so it’s not as bad as some other farmers but still.

That calf is being treated for scours and his name is Big Mac. She might keep him to keep the heifers company. But they are Angus heifers that she will breed. They are food.

While she fed and gave meds and applied fly repellent, we debated the merits of cauterizing horns (she’s going to let his grow)

and she was telling me that as soon as he is over this bout of diarrhea she’s going to band him (a method of castration).

That girl works 45 hours a week at an outside job & she spends the remainder of her time at her barn. But it’s the life she chooses. It’s got to be for love

I know you didn’t ask but you’re absolutely right about the Ferragamos

Eta: also before she had proper plumbing installed she got E. coli from her cows.