Intermittent Fasting

kiki_0_4
kiki_0_4 Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
What's the optimal time of day to start your fast?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Just after you finish eating?

There is no optimal for everybody and every different kind of fasting.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    Optimal for....what, exactly?
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Whenever I feel like it. I change it around pretty much every day.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Optimal for....what, exactly?

That is what literally went through my mind 😆
  • sophieboase3
    sophieboase3 Posts: 3 Member
    I fast from sunrise to sunset. It suits me as I can eat just before I go to bed. I try to only have 1000 calories on fast days so eat a breakfast just before sunrise and have an egg sandwich just after sunset. I fast on Mondays and Thursdays as is traditional in Islam but I think you have to work out whats best for you, there are lots of options.
  • kiki_0_4
    Optimal for weight loss. Fasting from 7pm to 11am the next day, or is there a 'better time' to fast? Have you experienced better results (as in weight loss) fasting 24hrs?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    kiki_0_4 wrote: »
    Optimal for weight loss. Fasting from 7pm to 11am the next day, or is there a 'better time' to fast? Have you experienced better results (as in weight loss) fasting 24hrs?

IF is a tool to help you stay in your calorie deficit....which is how you lose weight. Eat/fast when you want.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,595 Member
    Many people find it beneficial to do a 16 hour fast by just skipping breakfast and not snacking in the evening. If you tend to b e an evening anacker while you watch TV or whatnot, it will most likely help you cut at least some calories.
  • kiki_0_4
    Thank you to everyone that provided comments & suggestions!!