Low fat, low carb tuna recipes?

Reducing
Reducing Posts: 7 Member
Hello all, does anyone have a low fat, low carb tinned tuna recipe? I'd like to add more fish in my diet and have quite a few tins of tuna in the pantry....can anyone please help?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    I absolutely love green Thai curry tuna patties.

Tuna
    Green Thai curry paste to taste (I use Mae Ploy)
    1 egg per medium tin of tuna
    A tablespoon or so of coconut flour - you can use other nut flour, but the coconut flavour works with the curry.

I use an egg ring to shape the patties on a cookie sheet and bake until cooked.

They're great prep for the week and are yum with a salad or some veg, can be eaten hot or cold, and travel well.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    I make tuna salad with tuna, low fat mayo, mustard, diced onion, sometimes avocado, and dill. Then slice up some cucumbers and scoop it up like chips and dip.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,600 Member
    Google salade Nicoise.
  • ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 97 Member
    You could make a poke bowl with canned tuna instead of raw. Adjust the rice serving to meet your carb goal, or something. It's not authentic but it would be easy.
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    edited July 2022
    I make a simple smoked tuna salad frequently. (I'm not low-carb, but the recipe is!) Serve with veggies, low carb wrap, etc.

2 cans of tuna (1 if you're not super keen on tuna)
    1 8oz pack of cream cheese
    (The following are to-taste, but here are some approximations)
    2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    2 tsp Liquid smoke
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    Mix to your desired consistency.
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 200 Member
    1. Tuna sushi bowl - can of tuna, spicy mayo ( mayo mixed with siracha ), cucumbers diced or cut fancy, shredded carrots, avocado slices, and your choice of rice if you want low carb try cauliflower rice.
    2. tuna patties- yellow onion diced, can of tuna, green onion, sweet bell peppers chopped, one egg and bread crumbs or (pork rinds for low carb) mix together squish into patties and air fry or fry regular.
    3. Standard tuna- mayo, onion, celery, little lemon juice can even be fancy and spread it on a slice of toast or toasted with cheese
    4. stuffed tomatoes- mix together tuna how you normally would and stuff inside a hollowed out tomato add cheese on top and bake until cheese is melted.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    It had been a while since I've made this, but if I'm recalling correctly, I just took everything and put it into a skillet...

s17aq86ui55l.jpg

Here's some nutrition info for the recipe:

hwq6s7dt0z09.jpg

Enjoy!