27 Pounds since December, so happy

AIP4ever
AIP4ever Posts: 58 Member
Since my friends here at MFP are either inactive or not interested in me due to my past failures, I have to gloat and brag here. I have lost 27 pounds since December. I have fallen off the wagon, jumped back on, fell off again, jumped back. Finally, it clicked. I am eating healthy and less, I cook more and prepare meals. I have a plan (never had a plan about meals) and I stick to it. The trick...I don't let myself go hungry. Can it be so simple?

I am still taking 20mg of Prednisone/day (down from 30mg) so the weight loss is a huge success. I have health issues but the new lifestyle seems to be working (AIP Autoimmune protocol). I like how I feel when I eat healthier.

The next 35 pounds will be faster. That's when I will see the '2' in front of the number on the scale. I can't wait.

PS. I would love to find some friends here and I promise I will be very motivating because today I learned it sucks to lose weight and there is nobody here to share it with. :-)

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss! You have every reason to celebrate, but don’t be discouraged by your friends lack of encouragement. They changed the front page of the app, so it makes it harder to interact with your friends, at least in my opinion.

I’m in the “Prednisone for Life” club so I absolutely get it. You’re doing awesome! You can add me, but the way the app is set up now makes me one of those friends now…. not that I care less, but I just forget to check my news feed. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Congratulations! You are doing great! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • tuxlife4me
    tuxlife4me Posts: 5 Member
    Congrats! I'm finding that cooking my meals (and for me, laying off the whiskey) helps a ton! I'm looking for MFP friends as well for accountability and encouragement so you can add me too :)
  • kleigh12345
    kleigh12345 Posts: 1 Member
    WOW! I have a similar weight loss journey. I lost the same amount of weight as you did since Dec and have 35 more to go!
    Keep up the good work!
  • kathryninnc
    kathryninnc Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing. I just hit the 26 pounds lost. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease in September and was on 60 mgs of prednisone for several months. I still take an injectable biologic that makes it harder to lose weight. Slow and steady wins the race. You can add me as a friend, wishing you great success!
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    I have been on my fitnesspal off and on for years. Gained friends, lost friends. It is nice to have friends when we can but remember thar myfitnesspal is a tool. There is no shame in jumping on and off when we need to. I fell off of my plan for a couple weeks recently. Life has a way of side tracking you. But I'm back on again. No worse for wear. You are welcome to friend me here if you like. Congratulations on the weight loss!
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    BTW I've lost 24 pounds and have 30 more to go.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss. Its wonderful to see clothes getting all baggy and loose! ....and Merry Christmas! (I read your profile page lol)
  • AIP4ever
    AIP4ever Posts: 58 Member
    Thank you all for offering for commenting. I have found out how to send a friend request, which wasn't as easy as it has been before. I agree, that this version of the forum is not very user-friendly. However, it looks like I lost one more pound, and I found some new friends who will be by my side from now on. Thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!