Women 200lb+, Let's Aim For The Sky This July!!!

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Weight is 184.8 this morning, which is just fine.

Last night my daughter wanted spaghetti, and as we've had such a hard time getting her to eat lately, I made it for everyone, accidentally made too much, lol. But there's not much I love more than digging into a bowl of pasta. Love it. And then I definitely ate ice cream after that, lol, but I was still under my maintenance, so no big.

Got all my food for today at work, going to pick up a rotisserie chicken and salad mix on the way home and make the kids some mac and cheese to go with it, because we're having my brother over to take our anniversary picture (we've been taking a picture every year, and holding up the picture from the year before, so it's like... a recursive picture? Like this (note, this is not us, I can't access my photos right now to show ours) :
    1zkbai0u15eb.png

So that'll be good.

Tonight is pole control and oh, split! at the gym. Pole control is conditioning with a pole- so getting your sensitive skin like armpits and inner thigh used to the friction of the pole to hold your weight, and getting your body used to holding yourself in these positions it's not used to. Oh, split is the class about working toward doing splits, side and front.

Tag party time!
    @bojaantje3822 switching it up with a gymnastics class! Love it! I also think your mackerel salad sounds good, reminds me of my tuna-cauliflower rice-whatever other things I want to throw in there bowl I make when I'm cooking just for myself. I don't do whey protein shakes very often, but it is something I do sometimes, and it took me a lot of trial and error to find one that I could stomach. It's personal to different people, but I like bsn syntha-6 edge, in vanilla ice cream flavor. I also eat quest bars and pescience bars, which are whey protein based, but lots of other protein bars are similarly gross.

It's trial and error, and I decided it was worth the trial to have the fallback plan for when my day is low protein and I need to get it up.

@pamperedlinny I hope you found some joy in a workout, and that the other doctor works out, too.

@gbj4120 you are flying! 3 lbs in such a short time!

@rhaiin slow progress is good progress, some people might disagree, but you'll never hear that weight loss should be extremely quick from me.

@kenziestabes I'm so glad y'all had a good and productive conversation, and that your roommate is good with everything.

@EmA_5512 If your energy is too low and stays that way, I might consider reducing your deficit (eating a little more calories). It's a wait-and-see, everybody's-different kind of thing. If you are miserable, you're not going to stick with weight loss, so important to make it sustainable!

@mshawski I'm glad that you're coming to accept that running isn't the best for you. Believe me, as someone who would run with like, a compression brace on one knee and ice/heat it extensively to try to stay on my running program, I get it. But also, consider other things, if yoga just isn't clicking.

@KeriA dietary restrictions are so hard to plan around, but you are right about generally reducing sodium being better (as long as you don't have low blood pressure like @justanotherloser007 mentioned).

@Alatariel75 welcome back! I won't give you the welcome spiel, because it sounds like you know what you need to do. We're here to help, in whatever way you need- I tend to just use this thread to check in daily for myself, some people just do a weekly weigh-in, however you'd like to utilize the thread for your own use, we're here!

@karilbrandt it's okay for exercise to just be the minimum you feel you need for health, but if it's something you want to get jazzed about, I hope you find something that you think is fun, that you really want to do. I felt the same way you do about intentional exercise about weightlifting, which I started after I stopped being as excited about running. Some people really get into it, I just never did, and didn't want to force myself to do it. But then I found pole, and I love it.

Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,545 Member
    Hey all!!!!

I'm so glad the week is almost over. Tonight my daughter's program from this week will have family night so I have to go ooh and aah over crafts and projects. Our own church starts VBS on Sunday night and I'm with the 4 year olds.... so Friday night and Saturday I'm going to try and do absolutely nothing. Just like the Friday night and Saturday after VBS I'm going to be ready to crash out. One day I'll learn to take my vacation during this week of the year so I'm not working full time while leading all these kids around.

This morning I'm seriously dragging. Like just can't seem to wake up all the way. Hopefully my brain will catch up soon.

Tag Party
    @gbj4120 Welcome! Congrats on being back at pre-Covid weight!!!

@rhaiin I’m diabetic as well. It bites but hopefully you can find lots of swaps or foods to help with avoiding too many carbs.

@kenziestabes I’m glad you spoke to your roommate and that wearing the clothes will act as motivation. It’s great when things all work out happily.

@EmA_5512 My body does that too. Any time I make a significant change it’s like a week or two before everything settles into place. Hopefully it happens quickly.

@mshawski I think we all have to change the plan up once in a while to match what is actually happening in our lives. I’m glad you’re listening to your body though. Hopefully you find something to love as much as running.

@KeriA Lamb and seafood sound marvelous. Some of my favorite things that my husband won’t eat. LOL. Meal planning can be hard on the best of times. One of the things I have learned to do is sit with my daughter and husband (separately) once in a while and ask them what they want to eat and find ways to fit it in. It helps get fresh ideas that aren’t just mine, gives the family input and gives me a chance to throw some ideas at them too. Especially if you are incorporating more vegetarian meals. Maybe they have ideas that are creative if you’re stuck.

@bojaantje3822 I never like the straight protein shakes. We have shakes at home but it is always doctored… we add in things like frozen or fresh fruit, sugar free flavored skinny syrups (like from a coffee bar) or even sugar free pudding mix. Sometimes I’ll even add a keto cookie that I keep in the freezer for a cookies and cream type situation. However, any of the premade protein shakes or just using the shake mix with liquid and nothing else is horrible. Blech.

@Alatariel75 Welcome back!!!! I think a lot of us hit a slump over 2020 and 2021. You definitely aren’t alone.

@karilbrandt I don’t think it has occurred to her at all that she loses patients from how she treats them but I really can’t stand the idea of going back even though I need my medication refill.

@CupcakeCrusoe I love that anniversary photo idea.
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe thanks for the tips! If I find them I'll try those. My usual emergency proteine solution is chugging some milk or eating some kwark. My mild egg intolerance is getting worse so I'm stuck with plant-based stuff and dairy stuff mostly :(

Pole control sounds awful but super necessary so best of luck surviving that one!

@pamperedlinny the doctored versions sound much better. Syrups don't really work for me because I really can't stand stevia and some other sweeteners (might also be part of the reason why these shakes taste so bad to me) so it would just become a sugar bomb but if I ever need some I'll remember to throw in a bunch of fruit.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    @bojaantje3822 - I'm with @CupcakeCrusoe on the protein shakes! I mix powder with vanilla almond milk (never just water) or I mix the powder in with fruit, spinach, etc for a smoothie. I make extra to freeze!
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe – Such a great plan for Disney. Do you happen to know which resort you’ll be staying in? I’ve been making a point to try all at least once. I’m mostly in studios for the DVC though.

@bojaantje3822 – There’s so many protein shake options. Sometimes you just have to try one and see what you like. Some more chalky than others, etc. I like the Olly and Vega brands. And like @pamperdlinny said – doctor them up with fruit or other liquids. My go tos are those that are good with chocolate – banana, strawberry, coffee, etc

Next week I’m going to the Adirondacks in Upstate NY. So lots of opportunities for hiking and swimming. 2 different friend groups are going. My gym friend and her bf and then DH’s god-son and his fiancé. I’ll be cooking so my mom doesn’t get cranky. I’m sure she still will be over something but trying to mitigate things that I know could irritate from the beginning.

My good friend after the concert last week ended up getting COVID. She confirmed the symptoms were the same as when she first thought she might have had it; at the same time as I did, but she never turned positive at that time. Even though I was beyond my 10 days for guidelines it makes me wonder if her being exposed to me and another that had it those weeks earlier pushed her viral load to fully have it. Rather confused on that. She’s still fairly mild. It probably wasn’t the concert unless she got germs in the bathroom or something. Outdoor concert so we should have been fine. Although she was with someone unvaccinated the following day.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Yesterday was a good day with the long walk to the espresso bar and the healthy dinner. So before I knew all of the dietary restrictions I had planned an easy fast meal for last night since I was making more ambitious meals earlier in the week. I started making this meal when I was working and my youngest loves it. I just took pasta mixes and added spinach, chicken and a little real cheese to them. So I needed to transition to a no salt meal. So I had my youngest get onion, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms when she was at the grocery store and made a Mediterranean chicken stir fry with skinless boneless chicken, veggies and garlic, olive oil and lemon for flavoring. I cooked some orzo and put it in at the end. Everyone liked it. Thinking about it more I am going to do what I did when I went low calorie. I am going to make many of the same dishes as before but make them low/no salt. I basically added little salt when I cook but there is salt in many things. My real issue will be cheese. I can reduce the amount and only use fresh cheeses but not sure my youngest will agree that it is low salt enough. I am going to go back to making my own salad dressings and no salt bbq sauce. They found a soy sauce substitute which is good since we eat a lot of Asian food. One of our favorite summer meals is chicken salad sandwiches so I have to find low/no salt mayonnaise. I am picky about mayonnaise since my grandmother used to make wonderful mayonnaise.

@justanotherloser007 I need to find out more about substituting tofu for cheese. Fresh cheeses are low salt but others have too much salt. So I have to do with less cheese in our lives.

@bojaantje hope you do fine at your sisters house. We are battling the heat here too. Don’t do protein drinks. But my weight training is much lighter than yours. I try not to drink my calories except for the occasional latte.

@Alatariel75 welcome back. I too am fighting to lose a regain. I actually have a hard time when I am working fulltime since it is hard to both cook at home and fit in exercise. I am looking for work now but this time I am still losing very slowly. I had surgery and treatments last year so that I am building my fitness level back up again. I am at about an hour but yesterday I walked for 85 minutes with a break in between.

@karibrandt glad to hear the scale has budged.

@CupcakeCrusoe Happy anniversary. I had pasta last night too.

@pamperedlinny I remember the summers when my youngest was younger. Yes some VBS but since I was working full-time with a commute I scheduled them for great camps for most weeks. Science, drama, computer (when I could afford it), girl scouts and music camps were scheduled. I would start in February planning the summer so I could get them in the better camps that filled up early. Luckily they have good memories of the summers. Funny this summer they are working and I am the stay at home Mom. Good idea about getting family input. I sometimes plan meals my husband cooks so I don’t have to that night. I was talking to my youngest letting her know that we will plan to make meals they can eat except for lamb night. I reminded them that we all do our own thing for lunches and breakfast so if we really want something they can’t eat we can have it then.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited July 2022
    @KeriA - Nutritional Yeast gives a great cheesy flavor in place of things like grated parmesan and is used in a lot of vegan recipes as part of a cheese substitute. It's insanely good on popcorn. My 6 year old is also obsessed with it. I am a smidge obsessed with cheese, and I still give it two thumbs up as a cheese replacement in most places. I've been a vegetarian since I was 16 as the texture of meat and fish really freaks me out and my body just does not digest it well (it's not a moral thing). I will note if you're looking for vegetarian protein sources, be on the lookout for sodium there too. Canned beans, carton egg whites, and a lot of meat substitutes are really high in sodium. That being said feel free to reach out if you're looking for vegetarian recipes that meat lovers will still like, I have several of those in my back pocket. You may just need to adjust the sodium in some of them.
  • EmA_5512
    EmA_5512 Posts: 7 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe @pamperedlinny I'm feeling a bit better today. I'm pretty sure I'm eating enough (sticking around 1700 calories) but I was eating really poorly before. Cut back on drinking too, so I have a feeling it's just my body trying to adjust. Still a bit of a headache but not as nauseous and tired, today.

@Alatariel75 I just joined on Sunday and am also re-losing weight I gained after a job change and medical diagnosis. Went totally off the rails during COVID. It's been tough coming to terms with just how out of shape I've gotten. I miss things like walking and hiking being fun and relaxing instead of feeling like torture. 12,000 steps a day is a lot, I'd definitely be counting that as a workout.

• justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe Anniversary inception!! Sweet! I don't think it would work for me and the hubby due to I can't imagine what 27 inception photos would be like.. then I think of his parents, and they just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary!! I mean at some point I don't think you would be able to see anything!! lols so fun
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member

Thank you for the welcomes!!

I'm still getting used to the new layout, so forgive me if I don't tag back (I promise I’m reading and will start responding and not just talking about myself soon!) but to those who pointed out that the dramatic increase in my walking is probably enough for the time being - you might be right. I have decided to adopt the arm and upper body elements (benchtop pushups, modified crunches) of the workout program but not the leg stuff (jogging, butt-kicks, high knees) just yet. My poor little legs are still trying to work out what the heck is going on.

I went out for dinner last night with a friend – I was very crafty and offered to find the place so I could skulk the menus in advance – found us a fab Greek restaurant where they did a sharing platter of meat from the spit, Greek salad, pita with tzatziki etc –I concentrated on the meat and salad, had a ¼ pita and some dip and worked a shared serve of saganaki into the meal. So yummy, so satisfying and still under my calorie goal for the day.

I have my first work function tonight at my brand new job (this is the end of my second week) and I am cautious that for all my good intentions I’m going to be lured by the finger food and open bar. A massive part of my job is getting to know the people I work with and forming relationships and it can be hard doing that when you’re the one turning down the noms and sipping a mineral water. We shall see.

Weekend will also be a challenge, the hubster has been working insane hours (we haven’t had a day off together since May) and he actually gets a day off and all he wants to do is hang out, eat snacks and binge watch some TV that we haven’t been able to catch up on. While I know a rest day won’t kill me, I’m worried about the mental effects of having a “day off” (still eating within cals and being mindful) this early in getting back on track. I will concentrate on making myself a healthy snacky selection (charcuterie, olives, pickles, popcorn, a wee bit of cheese) which I can pre-log then eat without worry.

I’m really glad to have a group to engage with on here, the most successful I have ever been was when I was active on MFP.

• bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    The scale said 126,6kg this morning. It's a digital one so it tells me stuff after the comma too. I'm surprised it's down since I had another short night but oh well.

My lowest recently recorded weight was 124kg and that finally got me over the 30lbs lost treshold, yay!

I learnt that each obesity category is 15,3kg/33,7lbs apart at my height. Coincidentally, my highest recorded weight was about 15,3kg into the highest obesity category. I need to lose 1,5kg more from my lowest to reach the next category down so I think that should be doable by the end of summer. Very exciting!

I'm not exercising at all while here because I just have no motivation to do it by myself. I wanna do stuff but with people. I already knew this about myself but I wanted to see if 10 months of very regular exercise would have changed that but no. I wanna go to the gym but I won't do stuff at home or outside. Ugh, maybe I'll go for a walk or something.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Friday weigh in day!
    Christina
    33 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW: 200.4
    Halfway GW: 183
    UGW: 150

SW 7/1: 186.8
    7/8: 185.2 (-1.6)
    7/15 184.4 (-0.8)
    7/22
    7/29

🌈🌈🌈 July Goals! 🌈🌈🌈

🟣 July GW: Let's get to 183 this month! Halfway baby!

🔵 Log everything in grams ✅
    🟢 Do at least three pole classes a week ✅
    🟡 More than 100g protein every day ✅
    🟠 No doomscrolling after 7PM each night ✅
    🔴 At least 64oz of water a day ✅

So, doing well toward my goal of 183 this month, and I'm sore this morning, so maybe I'm even below that... we'll see.

Anyway! Pole control was good last night, I did the first half of a pole climb for the first time:
    0mmaseii2njp.png

Tonight is pizza and beer with Whatsisface and video games with friends, and Saturday night is a special guest teacher at poles, I signed up for two of their workshops. I'm also getting fancy coffee this morning, because I'm getting donuts to thank my kid for helping clean up last night. When I got home from poles, the downstairs was almost completely clean. Very nice surprise.

Tag party time!
    @pamperedlinny sounds hectic! I hope you enjoy your rest beforehand, and that it helps!

@bojaantje3822 I feel you about exercise alone. Now that I'm a member of a gym and do it with people, why would I do it alone? But if I happen to make myself a pole room in my house someday, whole nother story... :naughty:

@seltzer_lover ooh, I wonder if you could blend up protein shake ice cubes with some extra milk and make like... a cross between a slurpee and a milkshake consistency? Hmmmmm

@sarah12277 aw, thanks, that means a lot coming from an old pro like you! We're going to be staying in key west.

Your vacation to the adirondacks sounds fun!

@KeriA your mediterranean chicken sounds sooo good. I second @mshawski about nutritional yeast, although it does take a little getting used to as a cheese-flavoring kind of replacement.

@EmA_5512 I'm glad to hear you're eating enough, and I hope the malaise passes soon. I usually only drink on the weekend, but I do notice, when I drink too many days in a row, regardless of how much it was, I start to feel bad, too.

@justanotherloser007 yeah, we're not enlarging the prints as we go, just using an 8x10 each year, so we can only really see 2 years-ish back in each, but just doing the same pose each year is fun to see how we're changing.

@sandielewis2001 Congratulations on the jeans! The maintenance dream, to drop sizes even though your weight stays the same!

@Alatariel75 your healthy snack plate sounds like a great way to have that bonding time without worrying about a binge. And greek food is so goooood, one of my favorite things.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
    weight.png

• JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Good morning and happy Friday!

I finally started tracking some food again now that I had a chance to go grocery shopping and get some healthy stuff and not just snacky junk food that my mom brought me toward the end of my covid isolation (though the junk food was definitely welcome after last weekend with very few groceries!).

I've really been having a tough time with fatigue. I moved some stuff out yesterday afternoon and still haven't recovered yet. I just feel like I want to pass out most of the time.

BF tested negative yesterday so we are finally meeting up today. He is experiencing a lot of fatigue too. We haven't seen each other in a week and a half so this will be nice. We're going to pack/clean whatever we have the energy to get done tonight. Yesterday was very productive so I'm feeling a bit better about trying to move while recovering.

I put the couple pounds I lost during covid back on. I'm fine with it, but I am going to start paying more attention to what I eat again so I don't completely lose the habits I've built. It's going to be difficult with all the chaos of this month, but I'm going to do what my body allows me to do.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    48 yo 5’3” 6/2013 SW 277 ((in 2021 lost 57 lbs from May 1- Dec 31))
    July goal: keep some sort of deficit daily
    Ultimate Goal weight: 141 (normal BMI) No goal date, since I am struggling so hard with the prednisone

1/1 172.2
    2/1 172.2
    3/1 165.8
    4/1 161.4
    5/1 156.8
    6/1 156.8
    7/1 153.0
    7/8 154.4
    7/15 152.6

🕊️Recuperate from illnesses and prednisone/hives. If possible, continue fitness journey and always be thankful!.
    🕊️Be patient! Remember that increments are where it is at, and focus on habits.
    🕊️Remember: Total loss of over 120 lbs!!
    I finally finished the last round of prednisone on Tuesday. I have no idea how long it takes to get back to normal water levels. It really has been enlightening tracking MFP on Prednisone. I really thought in the past that prednisone made me gain fat (lols, I was so silly). It was all water weight. If you are tracking cico, and know what you are eating and what your activity level is, it is 100% CICO.

It had been a year since I had prednisone last (I have been on it frequently since 2003), and the second I started taking it I was so thirsty! I was not expecting that, I was expecting it to make me hungry. On this weight loss journey I have learned that don’t really know the difference between thirst and hunger. They almost feel the same to me. I learned that when I feel “hungry” always drink first. Then see if I really do need to eat. 80% of the time I am thirsty not hungry. I have really learned a lot!

Keep on keeping on ladies, the journey is a bumpy ride (as in a rodeo ride!) - but you can learn so much! Also, I am really looking forward to next week for the spanikopita!! I know it is probably silly to be so excited about learning to cook a new food, but I AM SO EXCITED!! There, I said it!! lols.

@mshawski thanks for the tip on nutritional yeast! I really miss cheese flavors, and even just the cheese powder flavors make my hives worse! So I will also be buying that on the next trip to the shopping store as vegan cheeses generally taste terrible AND are super high in calories! Yeah, two things that are stupid together, it should be illegal. Also, they are expensive lols. They should pay you to eat it if they are going to be that way about it.
  • LisaLethal
    LisaLethal Posts: 37 Member
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 244 on 06/06/22
    UGW: 145

July weigh ins:

7/1: 233.5
    7/8: 231.9 (-1.6 lbs)
    7/15: 231.4 (-.5 lbs)
    7/22:
    7/29:

Ehhhh I should be happy, but why is weight loss so slowwwwwwwww (and not linear through daily weigh-ins)- ugh, lol

Had to take care of a sick kiddo this week, so not much gym time and slipping and eating what sounds good vs what is better for my body. Still staying within calories BUT I feel myself wanting to go back to old habits and I'm not about to let that happen.

My goal this week is to make it to 229.9... incorporate more veggies into the every day.. and stop using what's going on in my life as excuses to not take the best possible care of myself.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    I just edited my post above and added in the "tag party"
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    Starting Weight: 246.9
    Current Weight: 189.9
    Goal Weight July: 185 188
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165-170
    Weigh in Day: Friday

7/1: 189.9
    7/8: 190.3
    7/15: 190 (-0.3 pounds)
    7/22:
    7/29:

Goals:
    1. Do something social once a week
    2. Walk every day
    3. Work out 3x a week
    4. Go to gym once a week
    5. Dedicated 30 minutes a day to hobbies
    6. Dedicated 15 minutes a day to cleaning something
    7. Take puppy on 15 minute walks on non dog daycare days
    8. Eat out 3x a week or less

In my defense, I had food in my system. Also, I know I ate at maintenance some days this week and was high on my sodium levels yesterday. Still, it's a net loss from last week. And I'm looking at long term changes, not short term satisfaction.

Successes:
    1. Had softball practice Monday, and my first game Saturday
    2. Almost every day. Had to come into work early a couple of day this week.
    3. Just walking, but yup!
    5. Spent time giving my puppy undivided attention (no phone), which is a hobby of sorts.
    7. Puppy has not been in daycare because of a cough, but I have taken her on plenty of walks.

Work-ons:
    4. Why is convincing myself to drive to the gym so difficult? I don't want to do it before or after work, so I should fit it in on Saturdays. It's just too far out of the way.
    6. I mean, I've been doing the dishes more consistently. Typically roommate's chore, but she's been swamped with work.
    8. Ate out more this week due to wonky schedule. I think 4-5x