Coronavirus prep

Replies

• DiscoveringLisa
    DiscoveringLisa Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2022
    Kiwi2mfp wrote: »
    jenferbar wrote: »
    I had my 2nd Moderna Booster over a month ago...and got sick with covid 2 weeks ago. Fairly sure i was exposed to it by a repairperson in our house, as it was in the 'weak' time after the booster. Slept for nearly 24 hours after getting sick. Then it was a matter of muscle pain, joint pain, headache, congestion, runny/stuffy nose, fevers, trouble breathing (especially when bent over), fatigue, lightheadedness, diarrhea, coughing...basically everything but loss of taste/smell. Took 4-5 days to feel human, 9 days to feel okay enough to work remotely, and 2 weeks to feel okay physically. (That was this weekend.) But I'm still dealing with coughing, and some fatigue. Will I take another booster if it is offered? Yes. And I hope I don't get sick again. Will be wearing a mask in public and stay out of indoor restaurants. (Trying to sell our house in a different state, and we're staying in a nearby hotel occasionally.)

I haven't didn't suffer nearly as much or for as long and I'm completely unvaccinated. I only got COVID for the first time a month ago, it was bad for a couple of days and then I was fine. Everyone I know who has been jabbed suffered worse and has had more infections. I'm wondering why you would get another booster? There is a school of thought that this constant stream of boosters are doing more harm than good.

I also am not vaxed (well I am prior military...I have had tons of vaxs just not this one) and had covid last October when delta was going around. My whole neighborhood got it even though I stayed clear of all of them so they didn't get it from me. My double vaxed neighbor got it from his work for the second time. He retired after that. He got covid pneumonia. My triple vaxed neighbor got it from him (I believe for the second time also) and didn't seem to fair much better than I. My whole family had it over the span of a couple weeks. None of us were hospitalized and none of us vaxed. Covid wasn't easy, I won't lie. I do have some kidney issues going on that may or may not have to do with covid, but nothing major. The kidney issues could very well be from drinking coffee like a fish and not drinking enough water and all the NSAIDS I've taken in my life (fibromyalgiaand back issues). A friend of mine got the Vax and now has heart problems bad enough that she had open heart surgery a couple weeks ago. She didn't have heart issues before that. My son refuses the Vax because his 17 year old immunocompromised friend (long distance)got the Vax, ended up in ICU with an inflamed heart and he never heard from him again. My son was devastating. This was before myocarditis was well known so I know this wasn't made up. Nobody has any idea what was going on. The boys sister answered the phone last and told my son that the doctors are very concerned and it's not looking good. The was the last we heard from him and this was a good friend of his. I don't know what the answer is here....possible organ damage/death from covid or possible organ damage/death from the vax. I have a friend who told me as soon as the shots came out his radio scanner for emergencies was running to strokes and heart attacks left and right! But I've also heard of many people dying from covid that I know or someone I know knows. All I know is, we got covid once and were not hospitalized. I think this is a deeply peagree with the constant stream of vaccination for COVID either and plenty who refuse to be vaccinated themselves. It's ridiculous to just shrug your shoulders and say 'hearsay' ...
    I had my 2nd Moderna Booster over a month ago...and got sick with covid 2 weeks ago. Fairly sure i was exposed to it by a repairperson in our house, as it was in the 'weak' time after the booster. Slept for nearly 24 hours after getting sick. Then it was a matter of muscle pain, joint pain, headache, congestion, runny/stuffy nose, fevers, trouble breathing (especially when bent over), fatigue, lightheadedness, diarrhea, coughing...basically everything but loss of taste/smell. Took 4-5 days to feel human, 9 days to feel okay enough to work remotely, and 2 weeks to feel okay physically. (That was this weekend.) But I'm still dealing with coughing, and some fatigue. Will I take another booster if it is offered? Yes. And I hope I don't get sick again. Will be wearing a mask in public and stay out of indoor restaurants. (Trying to sell our house in a different state, and we're staying in a nearby hotel occasionally.)

I haven't didn't suffer nearly as much or for as long and I'm completely unvaccinated. I only got COVID for the first time a month ago, it was bad for a couple of days and then I was fine. Everyone I know who has been jabbed suffered worse and has had more infections. I'm wondering why you would get another booster? There is a school of thought that this constant stream of boosters are doing more harm than good.

I also am not vaxed (well I am prior military...I have had tons of vaxs just not this one) and had covid last October when delta was going around. My whole neighborhood got it even though I stayed clear of all of them so they didn't get it from me. My double vaxed neighbor got it from his work for the second time. He retired after that. He got covid pneumonia. My triple vaxed neighbor got it from him (I believe for the second time also) and didn't seem to fair much better than I. My whole family had it over the span of a couple weeks. None of us were hospitalized and none of us vaxed. Covid wasn't easy, I won't lie. I do have some kidney issues going on that may or may not have to do with covid, but nothing major. The kidney issues could very well be from drinking coffee like a fish and not drinking enough water and all the NSAIDS I've taken in my life (fibromyalgiaand back issues). A friend of mine got the Vax and now has heart problems bad enough that she had open heart surgery a couple weeks ago. She didn't have heart issues before that. My son refuses the Vax because his 17 year old immunocompromised friend (long distance)got the Vax, ended up in ICU with an inflamed heart and he never heard from him again. My son was devastating. This was before myocarditis was well known so I know this wasn't made up. Nobody has any idea what was going on. The boys sister answered the phone last and told my son that the doctors are very concerned and it's not looking good. The was the last we heard from him and this was a good friend of his. I don't know what the answer is here....possible organ damage/death from covid or possible organ damage/death from the vax. I have a friend who told me as soon as the shots came out his radio scanner for emergencies was running to strokes and heart attacks left and right! But I've also heard of many people dying from covid that I know or someone I know knows. All I know is, we got covid once and were not hospitalized. I think this is a deeply personal decision and

I also am not vaxed (well I am prior military...I have had tons of vaxs just not this one) and had covid last October when delta was going around. My whole neighborhood got it even though I stayed clear of all of them so they didn't get it from me. My double vaxed neighbor got it from his work for the second time. He retired after that. He got covid pneumonia. My triple vaxed neighbor got it from him (I believe for the second time also) and didn't seem to fair much better than I. My whole family had it over the span of a couple weeks. None of us were hospitalized and none of us vaxed. Covid wasn't easy, I won't lie. I do have some kidney issues going on that may or may not have to do with covid, but nothing major. The kidney issues could very well be from drinking coffee like a fish and not drinking enough water and all the NSAIDS I've taken in my life (fibromyalgiaand back issues). A friend of mine got the Vax and now has heart problems bad enough that she had open heart surgery a couple weeks ago. She didn't have heart issues before that. My son refuses the Vax because his 17 year old immunocompromised friend (long distance)got the Vax, ended up in ICU with an inflamed heart and he never heard from him again. My son was devastating. This was before myocarditis was well known so I know this wasn't made up. Nobody has any idea what was going on. The boys sister answered the phone last and told my son that the doctors are very concerned and it's not looking good. The was the last we heard from him and this was a good friend of his. I don't know what the answer is here....possible organ damage/death from covid or possible organ damage/death from the vax. I have a friend who told me as soon as the shots came out his radio scanner for emergencies was running to strokes and heart attacks left and right! But I've also heard of many people dying from covid that I know or someone I know knows. All I know is, we got covid once and were not hospitalized. I think this is a deeply personal decision and we all need to stand by the consequences of whatever choice we make.

So much hearsay... none of it science. :noway:

In the UK, people are now being compensated for vaccine injuries/death. They don't compensate on the basis of hearsay or confirmation bias
  • DiscoveringLisa
    I don't know why my comments aren't posting...

Just to say, in the UK, people are now being compensated for vaccine injuries/deaths ...I don't think they compensate on the basis of hearsay

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-poster/fact-check-poster-about-uk-vaccine-compensation-scheme-is-not-from-uk-government-idUSL2N2X2270

Not really sure why you've posted this link....?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    edited July 2022
    this is just a post to reverse a notification...nothing to see here...
  • DiscoveringLisa

Just to say, in the UK, people are now being compensated for vaccine injuries/deaths ...I don't think they compensate on the basis of hearsay

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-poster/fact-check-poster-about-uk-vaccine-compensation-scheme-is-not-from-uk-government-idUSL2N2X2270

Not really sure why you've posted this link....?
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Very few and rare in reality. There is a lot of misinformation about this on social media...the reality is that these complications can be genuine, but are exceedingly rare. Anecdotally my brother works in the ICU in a hospital here...he's treated exactly ZERO people with any major complications from the vaccine.

Because that.

Oh I see..

From what I read it looked like a warning against phoney government websites claiming to be offering vaccine compensation....? Didn't get why you were sharing that with me, I'm sure you were trying to make a point, I just don't know what it was. Did you think that's where I was getting my information from?

People are claiming for vaccine injury in the UK and according to the British Medical Journal, 1681 people have claimed (as of may 20th) so far. It's certainly not everyone, not most, not even half or a quarter but it's way more than a one off or a freak rare occurrence. And it's enough to give some of us pause for thought and to ask if this so called vaccine is something we really need to have and to keep having. As I've said before, it doesn't stop you becoming ill or spreading it so I'm happy to go with my immune system on this one.
  • DiscoveringLisa

Very few and rare in reality. There is a lot of misinformation about this on social media...the reality is that these complications can be genuine, but are exceedingly rare. Anecdotally my brother works in the ICU in a hospital here...he's treated exactly ZERO people with any major complications from the vaccine.

Not ending up in ICU is not an indicator of no problem though is it? There are people living with long term issues, people who ended up in the ER and then sent home ... Not in intensive care doesn't mean no harm done, just means you didn't end up in intensive care
  • DiscoveringLisa
    edited July 2022

Not ending up in ICU is not an indicator of no problem though is it? There are people living with long term issues, people who ended up in the ER and then sent home ... Not in intensive care doesn't mean no harm done, just means you didn't end up in intensive care

1200 out of around 45M people in the UK who received the vax are applying for the payment...that's a small number. You sound exactly like all of the social media antivaxxers out there.

I'm not an anti vaxxer, I've had all my childhood vaccinations; I was also vaccinated for Hepatitis B as an adult when I started my training as a Midwife some years ago. My children have had all their important childhood vaccinations. I'm not against vaccinations that are safe, that are necessary and that work....

We have not been vaccinated for COVID because we don't need to be. I weighed up the information, used my power of critical thinking and decided against it. I'm not alone, many people did and decided the same thing, including many health professionals. I don't actually think choosing not to have a particular medical procedure makes you an anti vaxxer....

Being mindlessly against all vaccinations makes you an anti vaxxer, deciding not to have one vaccine based on real concerns doesn't.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member

(snip)

FWIW, I think it's because you typed above the closing /quote tag of the message you replied to, or some other edit made the tags not pair up right.