Rotisserie Chicken Weight Mystery

MsCzar
MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
Yesterday, I bought a rotisserie chicken, weighed the entire container sans lid before happily tucking in. When I was done, I weighed the container again and logged the missing 247g of dark meat before putting in the fridge.
Today, the total weight was about 100g less than when I'd put it away! And no - no one else was at it overnight nor was the lid off allowing for evaporation. I don't know what caused the dif, but I'm glad I use a dry erase board to record the weight.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    edited July 2022
    It would still have been evaporation, but the moisture would have run down the sides of the container and mixed with any juices in the bottom of it. Also, the meat contracts as it gets cold, squeezing moisture out that will also settle in the bottom.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Did you try weighing it a couple times? Maybe your scale needs new batteries?
  • MsCzar
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

Maybe. I'll check. I think the grams per serving looked about right - but the overnight dif was very strange. I even weighed several times for accuracy. I would think a low battery would give me different or way off readings each time.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    MsCzar wrote: »
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

Maybe. I'll check. I think the grams per serving looked about right - but the overnight dif was very strange. I even weighed several times for accuracy. I would think a low battery would give me different or way off readings each time.

Sleep eating? :)
  • MsCzar
    lol - Not sleep eating, but I am casting a suspicious eye at the cat.