CW: 221.8
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    IP2021

Wednesday
    PW: 266.5
    CW: 269.8

Totally forgot to post this yesterday.

Just spend a couple of days in Holland, and although I had a great time, I ate a bit more than I was supposed to, didn't get to walk as much as I hoped and combined with water retention because of the extremely warm weather, I gained more than I expected.

Hopefully it will be better again next Wednesday.

Any suggestions on how to limit water retention when it's so warm?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    IP2021 wrote: »
    IP2021

Wednesday
    PW: 266.5
    CW: 269.8

Totally forgot to post this yesterday.

Just spend a couple of days in Holland, and although I had a great time, I ate a bit more than I was supposed to, didn't get to walk as much as I hoped and combined with water retention because of the extremely warm weather, I gained more than I expected.

Hopefully it will be better again next Wednesday.

Any suggestions on how to limit water retention when it's so warm?

I have heard to follow a low salt diet (no more than 2300 mg) ...Eat potassium & magnesium rich foods and take a vitamin B6 supplement
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    @lindamtuck2018, @Megan_smartiepants1970

Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW (3/31/22): 144
    CW: 157

Hi Ladies. I'm not sure what this will do to our spreadsheet, as it has been a while since I've been active in Downsizers. Yes, I'm up a bit in 3.5 months, but I can live with that as it could have been worse... Now that I am back at 100%+ physically, I am back to my usual "take no prisoners" mentality, lol. I just don't want to skew our statistics, with a weight gain over time.

Megan. Thank you for the welcome back.
    Linda. I gather from reading a few of the posts, that you are ill. Please feel better soon.
    Lee 🙂
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

Thursday

Hi Ladies. I'm not sure what this will do to our spreadsheet, as it has been a while since I've been active in Downsizers. Yes, I'm up a bit in 3.5 months, but I can live with that as it could have been worse... Now that I am back at 100%+ physically, I am back to my usual "take no prisoners" mentality, lol. I just don't want to skew our statistics, with a weight gain over time.

Linda. I gather from reading a few of the posts, that you are ill. Please feel better soon.
    Lee 🙂

Its okay ... Way to be honest and accountable ..You got this and you have the right attitude ... you are welcome for the welcome back and you were definitely missed :)
  • SW-180
    PW-169
    CW-167
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 418 Member
    Name:Laura9400
    PW:187.2
    CW:185.0

Consistent logging and not cheating. The weekend will be challenging, but I need to do this.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 169 Member
    PW: 327
    CW: 329
    Lots of water retention this week with hot & sticky weather on top of hormones. During the week it was over 330, so it's good to see it heading back down.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,500 Member
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

Thursday

Lee 🙂

Lee, I am glad you returned. I have seen your determination since you joined our team and I know you will do it. I am glad you are well and look forward to your posts.

SW-180
    PW-169
    CW-167

Awesome loss! How are you doing in the heatwave?
    laura9400 wrote: »
    Name:Laura9400
    PW:187.2
    CW:185.0

Consistent logging and not cheating. The weekend will be challenging, but I need to do this.

Fantastic!

PW: 327
    CW: 329
    Lots of water retention this week with hot & sticky weather on top of hormones. During the week it was over 330, so it's good to see it heading back down.

The heat will do that too you. Drink lots of water to prevent dehydration.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,500 Member
    I am back. It was a long day yesterday trying to get home between not being 100% and experiencing the lovely flight delays of Toronto Pearson/Air Canada. I still have a hoarse voice, very tired and yesterday I lost my taste. It was definitely not the vacation we planned to have with our grandkids but we had lots of fun before we realized that we had Covid. Thankfully, none of our parents have tested positive or have symptoms and I hope it stays that way.

The one bonus of Covid, vacation weight loss! I am down to 193.6 which is a new low since I started my journey. I will be going back to the pool early next week. Next two days is sleep and get some food in the apartment.

Have a great Friday!
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    edited July 2022
    Sorry I missed weigh in last week! I had gotten sick and was in bed for a while. Feeling mostly better now.

Friday Weigh in

PW 226.8 (7/15)
    CW 222.4

SW 242.2
    Total loss 19.8 lbs

Kinda exciting to be so close to a 20 lb loss! Doesn't seem like much on my body, but 20 lbs is a lot!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,330 Member
    happy friday everyone! the weekend is here! hurray! my daughter says hi to all! i got in my walk before it got too hot here. i also got in my strength training workout in this morning. it is a very warm and sunny day here today. there is a heat warning in place for today until sunday. we are all keeping cool and well hydrated. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i will definitely be doing some dancing in the evening, when it is cooler here. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good afternoon all.
    Late check in for 7/21:
    Steps - 6751
    Calories - 2375. Ate extra for dessert since I have to change diet today for cameras wednesday..
    Exercise - 3 hours at wild animal park. Hot but stayed hydrated.
This discussion has been closed.