WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @Kali225 I hope you don't melt on your trip. Have lots of fun!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,247 Member
    @ashleycarole86 thanks! My minimum step goal is 10,000. That covers me for the days that I don't ride.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @conleywoods happy birthday! Looks like you had a fab time, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

@Terytha I hope you're both on the mend quickly.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    7/21 exercise:
    10571 steps
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @jugar you'll have to keep me in the red at 185.0. 🙁

Not too bad, glad there wasn't a big rebound after making it on the board last week.

Ohh, and my Garmin died! At the end of my hockey game last night I went to stop tracking my workout and the screen wouldn't light up, then later the lights on the back went out, and now it won't even respond to being plugged in and charged. Not cool! This is a refurbished one I was given on a warranty exchange when the band broke back in the winter. Customer service will be getting a call.... Meanwhile I'm stealing my husband's watch that he doesn't wear so I can track all the running around I will be doing this weekend.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,029 Member
    @PlaneMonkey I think that Garmins are just not tough enough for hockey! You win. I hope that they get you a replacement asap, and a tougher one at that :smiley:

@conleywoods I'm getting ready for you - it would be so much fun!
    2rjqevnkwsyq.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Happy Friday, Friends!

@conleywoods I loved loved loved the pictures that you shared of your birthday tea party. And it looked like you all had the best time. Dressing up is the best.

@jugar so glad to hear that you were there to help your step-mum get your dad up after his fall. What a relief!

@PlaneMonkey I've never seen anyone look happier raking around in waders!

@Terytha sending healing vibes to you and hubby for a speedy recovery.

Meanwhile I want to remember @micki48 's recent scallops supper that she enjoyed when out with her hubby the other night. Sounds like a wonderful meal to add to our summer recipe collection.

I'm feeling a little sorry for myself today because this morning I tested positive for Covid. I don't know why - I know that infection cases are on the rise. With all of the testing that I do, it was only a matter of time before the dial swung the other way! My symptoms are a very bad throat, a persistent dry cough and chronic fatigue.

But I don't have to go anywhere and Ben and I can easily isolate separately because we have enough space at home. I've informed everyone I need to. In a way, it's nice to be able to just relax and do nothing - guilt free.

Despite all that, it's been a good week, food-wise. And I even managed to workout out on 4 days (including this morning, pre-test).

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Oh healing vibes going out to everyone sick and with Covid. @YinxFed @Terytha Hope you both are soon feeling much better. I know of so many people getting sick with Covid. I am booking an appointment for my second booster tomorrow. No more waiting.

@ashleycarole86 Juliet is all better. Crazy. She spiked a 104 degree fever almost instantaneously. Then had a low grade fever the next two days. That's it. All better now. Who knows what it was. Some virus.

@jugar Sorry to hear about the wild weather and the tree on your special cabin. Boo! Hopefully it can be easily removed. Trees on homes and structures is not a happy thing.

@PlaneMonkey You look absolutely AMAZING girl!!! I love that photo. You look to be a picture of health. Good for you.

@jugar I'm going to see if my weigh in tomorrow is any better than today. I'm up a bit. No surprise. Have hardly moved this week. The heat is ridiculous.

I'll check in more later. Need to head to the grocery store now that Juliet's dad is home.
  • jugar
    Friday zipped by as usual - I hope everyone is feeling OK, especially you who are ill. Not fun, but hopefully it will improve soon.

@micki48 it sounds like Juliet's fever did its job perfectly - burn those nasty viruses or bacteria before they make many inroads. Well done!

Not all of the weigh-ins came in today, so here is everyone remaining to send in those numbers by the end of Saturday:
    @mmarceau2 (I think you are in the UK, so you are excused!)
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @micki48
    @veronica1359
    @panera88
    @Shawtytel
    @Terytha (if you're feeling too ill, no problem for a week off!)

enjoy the weekend!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @YinxFed I hope you feel better soon! No fun getting covid. You're amazing to keep working out even while feeling rotten. I'm the type who's always looking for the first excuse to bail out and you're a dedicated trooper. I admire your dedication to exercise so much.

@micki48 what you didn't see in that cropped photo (as my hubby took it without making sure both people were looking at the camera...) was my 72 year old neighbour standing next to me in matching waders. She's 4'11", and as active as a 10 year old. She is my 'life goal'. When I reach her age, I hope to be as active and in as good health and humour as her. She's my 'partner in crime' shovelling that skating rink all winter. I couldn't have asked for a better neighbour. Definitely brings a smile to my face when I get to 'play in the lake' with her.
  • jugar
    @PlaneMonkey I love your neighbour even without meeting her! My hero is @jan110144 - she's our oldest team member and seriously rocks! It is SO important to have great examples ahead of you. My mom is another one for me - 91 and still strutting along like a boss. Aging may have its bad moments, but if you keep in shape and keep doing all sorts of things, it will be a lot better, that's for sure.

That said, I had better get going!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Love to hear everyone's examples of the heroes in their life aging gracefully and with strength! I don't have a lot of those examples in my life but it's a life goal for sure.

@conleywoods Hope everything goes well at the vet for your dog... I've never heard of that before. Never fun to have our furry friends unwell.

@YinxFed How are your symptoms? Hope you're managing okay

7/22 exercise:
    24125 steps

Crushing steps like it's my job!!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    The July Week 5 Group Challenge is posted and will begin on Sun, Jul 24th. I hope you'll join us for Creativity & the Balanced Plate. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10869980/july-week-5-group-challenge-creativity-the-balanced-plate#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 411 Member
    PW=88,6kg
    CW=88,9kg

steps 17-23
    Sunday - 3,126
    Monday - 10,688
    Tuesday - 3,320
    Wednesday - 11,710
    Thursday - 10,680
    Friday - 9,655
    Saturday - 8,475
  • jugar
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    PW 207.2
    CW 208.0

Well, not surprised I’m up a bit. On to a new week.

@Terytha So sorry to hear you and your husband have Covid. Wishing you well and sending healing vibes your way. (You too @YinxFed )

Still crazy hot here. Manage to get my steps in but had to do it in the house. I logged my food (ugly as it was) and went over calories. Water 💦 ✅ Tomorrow is another hot one. Ugh I’m only going out to water my plants.

Check in with my steps tomorrow.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Hello,

Update on my dog: He just has a soft tissue injury on his tail and was sent home with pain meds. The meds have made a huge difference and he should be back to normal soon.

@Terytha Oh darn covid! Sorry to hear you are dealing with that. Does that change your husband’s procedure reschedule again? Get better soon!

@micki48 Good for you for logging even when its not the best.

I had a perfect day today! Hit my macros and calories today. I also worked out today.
This discussion has been closed.