Seltzer_lover
    Weigh-in Day: Mondays
    7/18: 235.2
    7/25: 232.9
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Important Question!

aj8ghjudg0j9.png

PATIENCE. Being patient and trusting that I'm doing the right thing for my body, especially when the scale is not being kind for a month or two.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 421 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 168.2
    CW (Current Weight): 167.6

Steps
    Sunday: 13,210
    Monday: 13,257
    Tuesday: 10,935
    Wednesday: 12,914
    Thursday: 11,436
    Friday: 8,186
    Saturday: 7,976
    TOTAL: 77,914

@minstrelofsarcasm the hardest thing about losing weight is consistency. I know I don't have to be perfect but as long as I keep going and not give up I'm getting ahead

Nice loss @worldtrav89 @shnkrnrynn and @shinskin last week. Keep up the great work
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm

The hardest part about weight loss for me has been maintaining. I lose weight then gain it back.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi WNM...You have another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @kayedgibson :)
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 104 Member

I started my summer holidays on June 29th. I spent a week in Montreal and then made my way east 2000 kms to see my family. This is where I have been for the last 2 1/2 weeks. I did take my scale with me although I didn't unpack it. Finally Sunday I did and this is my first weight in since June.

July 24th
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: June 12th - 233.2
    Current Weight: July 24th - 231.2

I will take it, especially seeing's the amount of ice cream I have eaten. I am still getting steps in however so that is a good thing. I look forward to returning to my old routine on August 5th when I return home.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    July Week Five

Previous Weight: 174.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 179.4 lbs
    Loss to Date: 54.6 lbs

Oh boy. If this isn't a post-workout bloat, I don't know what is. From the soreness in my hamstrings and shoulders, I can almost guarantee this is a sign that my muscles are retaining water to better repair themselves.

And sure, my eating has not been great, and neither has my sleep schedule, and maybe my workout routine is all over the place... but that is no indication of holding onto a whopping 17,500 extra calories over the past week. I don't even know if that's possible without intentionally doing it. Maybe I could have eaten that many calories while recovering from a breakup? But that's not my situation right now, and my eating is far from THAT out of control.

I bought myself a couple updates for my kitchen, hoping that the joy of cooking with my new pan and matching slotted spoon will keep me from ordering so much delivery throughout the week. There's a lot of good quality food in my fridge, and I've started doing amateur cooking streams for a group of recent college graduates I've taken under my wing, so maybe they will also help hold me accountable.

I also told my personal trainer friend to really push me, since I've informally become one of her clients. Last night, she had me do six sets of deadlifts (one warmup of 95lbs x 8 reps, four of 115lbs x 8 reps, and one 125lbs to failure - I think it was 6 reps?), and oh boy are my legs not happy with me. I could have probably gone heavier than 125lbs had I not already done 40 full deadlifts prior - telling her this, she proceeded to add deadlifts into the plan for my next training session, just so we could determine where my true maximum is. Luckily, the rest of that program should be upper body focused.

But outside of personal training sessions, I'm struggling to remain motivated or have any sort of discipline. I do not currently have a gym membership. I purchase drop-in credits for the spin studio whenever they go on sale, but I do not want to go back to a straight-up cardio regimen, and really don't want to financially support the owner more than I already do. He's... not my favorite person. There is a gym in my building, but I keep staying up late and skipping my morning workout.

I've got options. I can get a membership to a local gym near me, which offers classes and access to a peloton database on top of all the standards found in gyms. I can switch to afternoon workouts and see if I'm better at committing to being in the gym AFTER the workday. I change out of my work clothes as soon as I get home anyway, maybe it's as simple as that. I can also go back to F45, but that's a 40 minute drive, which is tough early in the morning. Lots of things to consider. I'll report back when there's more to say.

Anywho. That was a lot. This week, the goal is to keep it simple, and watch as the water weight drops. I talk about getting back to basics a lot, but I think I've finally got enough structure in place that I can actually do it? Maybe? Potentially? We'll see.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Welcome aboard, @kayedgibson !!! I'm Ashley, one of the captains here in Team Weight No More. We're glad you're here! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Can't wait to get started with you officially on the team next week!

Hi WNM... You have a member re-joining your marvelous team ... Please welcome back @Zumba_Luvah :)

WELCOME BACK @Zumba_Luvah !!!! So happy to see you back with us!

pacsnc6 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm these numbers are super low, you can ignore them if it brings the average too low for the week. I am feeling much better and should get more steps in this week.

@pacsnc6 -
    Whoa whoa whoa, we are not focused on the average, but the total steps accumulated. Our goal is not to maintain a specific average from week to week - we're just trying to keep moving, and every step counts. The step challenge is only a competition if you want it to be one, otherwise it's just something to help hold you accountable. Heck, some of your step counts are higher than mine were this past week. I think YOU'RE holding ME accountable. Glad you're feeling better :)

Important Question!

aj8ghjudg0j9.png

PATIENCE. Being patient and trusting that I'm doing the right thing for my body, especially when the scale is not being kind for a month or two.

@seltzer_lover - That pesky scale loves playing mind games, doesn't it? We can do everything right, and the scale decides to take its anger out on us. It's just rude.

@minstrelofsarcasm the hardest thing about losing weight is consistency. I know I don't have to be perfect but as long as I keep going and not give up I'm getting ahead

@cleaneater80 - Isn't that the truth! It's easy to start something, maybe even hold onto it for a couple days or a week, but the first setback (or every setback, honestly) is always rough. Hang in there! We're all here to support your journey.

@minstrelofsarcasm

The hardest part about weight loss for me has been maintaining. I lose weight then gain it back.

@Zumba_Luvah - YES! I remember hitting 155lbs a couple years back and thinking I had everything figured out, but that cockiness came back to hit me and I just gained a bunch of it right back. Staying the same sounds like it would be so much easier than losing, especially if you've seen a bunch of plateaus while trying to lose, but then intentionally trying to maintain? It's an entirely different beast.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi WNM..You have a new member joining your awesome team...Please welcome @no_more_weighting :)
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Pizzafruit
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 279
    CW: 278

A loss is a loss, is a loss.
  • shinskin
    shinskin Posts: 11 Member
    Hi guys, just my steps and weigh in- steps first

Steps

Sun-12185
    Mon-13355
    Tues-5528
    Wed-5415
    Thurs- 3021
    Fri- 9614
    Sat- 4241

Shinskin
    Wednesdays

PW 358.4
    CW 359.0

Another week where I have no idea why I gained... even though it's only half a pound... I have a lot to lose so this shouldn't be happening. I have only had pop 1 day this week (at a party) and i have not eaten over what i should be eating. I did have a takeout meal yesterday (I usually do on tuesdays) so maybe it's water weight more than usual... if i have a big drop tomorrow, that would explain it!

Anyway I am still down compared to the start of the month, so that i'm grateful for!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi WNM.. Another new member joining your wonderful team .. Please welcome @corinaogea :)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 6
    Total Steps: 330,165
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 55,028

The Leaderboard -

@cleaneater80 - 77,914 total | 11,131 average
    @ljdanny - 75,336 total | 10,762 average
    @MotylekOkruchy - 74,594 total | 10,656 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @shinskin - 53,359 total | 7,623 average
    @shnkrnrynn - 31,895 total | 4,556 average
    @pacsnc - 17,067 total | 2,438 average - Most Consistent!!!

Not a bad week! Over half of us reaching five digits for our average step count, and the six of you managed to trek an impressive 330,000 steps! Even just seeing that number makes my legs tired.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 421 Member
    Nice loss @pizzafruit and @9Harvey - I would love to see Montreal one day.

@minstrelofsarcasm I'm trying to cook more at home. Planning ahead is my problem but I'm working on it. We have also been camping alot more this summer so trying to make healthy meals besides hot dogs has been my most recent challenge

anyone know some quick decent meals for camping? tacos are our go-to

@shinskin I'm glad you are looking at the long term picture for weight loss. there's so many factors that take place when you are just looking at it one week at a time

@minstrelofsarcasm - I'd like to ask for my weigh in to be Tuesday this coming week as it's a long weekend up in Canada and I won't have access to my scale
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Could I please be excused from weighing in this week? I am on vacation and I do not have a scale. I am trying to eat somewhat healthy. I was just at a buffet fir dinner and did pile my plate with salad, fish and mussels, I did have some lasagna but I thought I did pretty well. I also got in 2 walks this week.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Another new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @melissacoleman430 :)
  • melissacoleman430
    melissacoleman430 Posts: 69 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi I’m Melissa. My Dr told me today to lower my calories. I’m diabetic but have good labs except triglycerides bc of medicine. I don’t want to have to take statins so I’m counting calories to lose weight. I need to lose 75 lbs. Someone sent me a video about diabetes and it was pretty scary, recently diagnosed and want to not be dependent on meds so here I am.
    CW 243
    GW 190
    Highest weight 258
  • worldtrav89
    worldtrav89 Posts: 30 Member
    Weigh in 7.27.2022
    Weigh in day: wednesday

Pw: 224.8
    Cw: 227
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    PW 156
    CW 156
    Yay I managed to stay stable in spite of all the fluids and not much walking due to the hot weather
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 184.8 (July 22th)
    CW (Current Weight): 186.8 (July 28th)

LTD: 84.3lbs
This discussion has been closed.