Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    rqkvudmvvwka.jpg
    c4pv98ruzx75.jpg

I finished stitching and putting together this purse to take to the Seminar I am going to this coming week. They will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary Seminar and thought this would be appropriate.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,256 Member
    Options
    That's beautiful, Jo Ann, and a really interesting pattern.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @TEXASTITCHER Jo Ann! Wow! That is amazing! Very unique too! Have fun at your Seminar!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

My neighbor only left with Dr. telling him he was going home.

Hot and humid today. Had rain this morning and has been a chance all day. Probably more tonight. Planned workouts done except my bike ride as it was just to hot when I was able to go. Had an afternoon and evening of binge watching Bones. My no random eating this challenge is no random eating during the day. Yesterday I had no problem and it even helped into the evening. Evening random eating was way down.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,013 Member
    Options
    @Patti241 ,,, OH COOL!! And I LOVE Art shows!! The one in Portland is to big for me!! Finding parking is a nightmare, but the one in our city is perfect and very close by!! Did you enjoy it? WOOHOO
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,,, THANKS!! I am glad I didn't it still hurts quite badly, but I just need to adjust this is the way it'll be. Hope you can stretch out the ouchies!! AND they do hurt, but thankfully you'll rebound soon. The color runs always look like such FUN!! I had to look at my phone,,,, same one. I do like it though.
    @Texastitcher ,,, WOW that's so neat!! I'm sure they'll love it! LOTS OF WORK!! Always fun to have an original and something someone worked so hard on and from the heart. Easy to see why no bike today. YO! Hopefully the 3 H's will go awayyyyy soon!!! Bones is quite interesting ,,enjoyable. I am enjoying the No Random Eating. I do now plan in a snack at night, though most nights I'll skip it if not hungry. But, I always leave enough calories "just in case." Today a friend and I attended an online convention. After we met outside to talk about it. We walked around the area for a total of 100 mins. We did stop at 2 places, one being a grocery store. Since I had a large amount of calories left for the day I did make fried mushrooms and fried pickles. YO they were so good. Neat thing when you make stuff, you can cut the calories away back. NOT that I'd EVER SAY these are healthy! STILL they tasted good, and it's the first time I've made these since 2011. AND I even have calories left over today. LOL only 100 , but still!! A WIN/WIN DAY!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well after the weekend. I am doing pretty well. I am excited to going back to work. The quicker I go to work the quicker I can be done with work. I am excited to be able to see my boyfriend on Wednesday. Since my son tested positive for Covid my boyfriend had to go stay at his parents due to his job. He works in the medical field and is short staffed so he cannot afford to get covid. So he went to stay with his parents and should be home Wednesday. That is when they are saying my son will be done quarantining and will only have to wear a mask when he is around people for another 5 days after that. That is what the CDC recommends.

@TEXASTITCHER - That purse is beautiful. It is great. They are going to love it.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Way to go on the planned workout. Sorry the bike ride did not go as planned. It has been pretty muggy here so not able to do any outside exercises for a minute. I got lucky on the color run and it was not hot.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - The color run was super fun. I am now in search of my next 5K. I want to do one or 2 more before the end of the year. I am looking though.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! the humidity is gone. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout this morning and i feel great! i will be going for a walk in a while. i will definitely be doing some dancing after supper today. i will be taking a bag of extra clothing to the local clothing drop box that is near my place. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,497 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

I hope you are doing well. I am a bit sore from my 5k yesterday. My hips are stiff and my calves are sore. I will be alright though. That happens every time I do a 5K. This is my 2nd 5K this month. I don't see any for August but typically August is the hottest month for us. So that stands to reason as to why there are no 5K's in the area. After that I am looking for more.

@cormierannie - So glad you are getting up and dance lot. That is a good thing.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Dentists just don't get that we cannot afford their procedures. My son needs a root canal but they was close to $500 up front before even beginning the procedure.
    @Kurtize - Hope the surgery goes well. Sending prayers
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am so glad you did not break anything. I figured you didn't. That is good though.

I thought I would show you a picture of me after the color run. I hope you all like it.

qrzbnp9vdanv.jpg

@Tabatha_Cain Congrats on the run! I have to ask...where are you? I can only see part of the sculpture but it looks like one in Grand Rapids.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, I always enjoyed going to work ,,it was FUN FUN FUN!! Life is when we make it that way!! But, yes at the end of my shift I was ready to be home. LOL days off are awesome!! They have so many runs in some areas, it must be a challenge to decide which one(s) to support at times. Here it's the Beach to Beacon and it's very near by. It's very popular.
    @Patti241 ,, hey Patti any rain over the weekend? We've gotten a tiny bit, its not enough to put a dent in things. Yet.
    @Cormierannie,, Nice job. TY TY TY for helping others with the donations. When I first started to lose weight I shopped at them, why buy brand new to war for a few months was my attitude. Others can't afford new. And of course there are those who love a bargain, smart shoppers etc. TY TY TY TY TY!
    @Daffygirl88 , WAVING!!

Today I am taking it rather easy, but not totally easy!! I'm aiming for 30 mins of exercise, but may get 40. Eating in range, not grabbing snack stuff unless it's planned (challenge is more specific than that if you've not read it PLEASE do it's different than in
    the past. It's easier and more thought provoking (in a very positive way that'll help us all for our rest of our lives).
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a busy day. All planned workouts completed and got an extra walk by taking Son to the dentist for his cleaning then walking home. Visited with the neighbor from a very safe distance. He still has COVID but seems to show a very slight improvement. Also felt with my Son's medical insurance company. That was fun. My Son ended up seeing my temper as we the guy wanted to transfer us back to where we came from because he didn't want to listen. Oh well that's all taken care of now.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,384 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your prayers for Karson's surgery, everything went well and there will be no need for more surgery, praise the Lord, again we thank you all so much. hugs and blessings.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,,YO!! Dealing with insurance even when all goes very well is stressful at the very least!! Today I had the SS office. YO! An hour of waiting, but as we ended the call I thanked her for working. There was a bit of a pause, I hear her breathing in ,, and than "Oh Oh, Your welcome!" With a HUGE SMILE in her voice. Glad it all worked out well for you. Likely losing your temper may of helped, ohhh I HATE that transferring thing!
    @Kurtize,,, OH GOOD that all went well!! SO SCARY when surgery is needed, and even more so when it's a child!! PHEW!! Now he'll be spoiled (most likely, hey, I've done that too a GS!) and recovery will be okay.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are having a great morning. Today is going to be a good morning. I can feel it. I get to see my boyfriend today. I know Friday is date night and I am excited for that as well. I love spending time with my boyfriend. I am hoping today goes by relatively quickly.

@cormierannie - You Go! Get your dance on
    @DaffyGirl88 - Yes that is Grand Rapids. I live like an hour and 20 minutes from there.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am currently looking for another race but August is typically a really hot month for us so there are usually not to many.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Insurance can be frustrating. Especially medical insurance. Congrats on getting in your exercise.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: We had a thunderstorm yesterday. Got some rain. They are calling for rain for the rest of the week.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain : you look great! looks like you had a lot of fun at the 5k!
    good afternoon,everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i ran some errands for one of my friends this morning. i am glad to help whenever i can. i will be doing some dancing later on. in a while, i will be heading to pick up my volunteer package for the tennis tournament i am volunteering at that starts in august. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day even with my small gain of 0.25 lbs. I believe it's water retention as my feet feel like there swelling each afternoon into the evening. I try to keep my salt intake low most of the week. I also make sure to drink a minimum of 64 oz. All I can do is keep moving forward doing my best each day. Didn't succeed on my no random eating today.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,,,Hope the day SPED ON BY FAST for you and that you both enjoyed some time together. SWEET!!! Oh no doubt come the fall there are a TON of races you can seek out.
    @Pattie241,,, Oh I hope it's not all the time? But afternoon or AM rain and some sun? Maine can be so rainy in the spring.
    @Cormierannie ,,,, Always feels so GOOD to help others!! Tomorrow or Thurs, maybe even Fri a few friends will drop on by (not together LOL to my knowledge though that'd be FUN!) to do a few things since the friend who cleans isn't available over the next 2 weeks. Oh I'll miss the regular ones, but it'll be so much FUN to have the other ones drop on by. Doing laundry, and bending forward is to much on my heart, and I am limits with the Picc line in. SOON HOPEFULLY the med will work.
    @Cseguin2 ,,,,, Oh the heat can surely make one SWELL HORRIBLE!! Hopefully the heat , humidity and HOT will soon be COOL!! That'll help. I've been going through also. Today our high was 75 instead of 89 to 92 and I do feel slightly better. HOPING this for you also.

*** DID You all really read thoroughly through the No Random Eating? It's Different than in the past. To make easier for you all I'll copy and paste it. Please read it through.

📝Living the Good Life - Water & No Random Eating

No Random Eating when I _________. (You fill in the blank)

Each day this week plan to catch yourself doing the right thing at least once. You choose one place, activity, event, situation, setting where you usually do eat RANDOMLY. If it is NOT your meal time, or your pre-planned healthy snack time, or a medically necessary snack, then do the right thing, DO NOT eat.

Keep aware of why you are eating. Ask yourself is it meal time, how long since I ate, how long till my next meal, can I wait a little longer till my next meal? You get the idea. Unless you have a medical need to eat while you are watching TV, on the internet, reading, etc. why are you eating?

My personal rule is 'why am I here'? Costco - to shop not to eat samples; Coffee in the church hall - to visit with friends not eat goodies; Theater - to watch the movie not to eat popcorn; Parties or happy hour - I am there to have fun and visit my friends.

No Random Eating - Plan for when you will not randomly eat. Plan for success and know what you will do if you are tempted. In the moment when you are struggling to resist temptation distract yourself immediately. If you are watching TV, shut off the TV go into another room, brush your teeth, go for a walk, play with the dog, clean the bathroom, whatever it takes so you do not carry out your usual activity coupled with a bout of mindless eating. When you are truly not hungry do something else. For instance, if the TV show is so boring you have to eat, find something more interesting to do. Shift your focus to anything but food.

**No Random Eating (NRE) - Plan for when you choose not to randomly eat.

To score 10 points decide what common activity, place, etc. where you will not eat today. It can be a different one each day if you like. If you successfully resist eating in this CHOSEN situation/place score 10 points. Example you walk into the office and you see a box of chocolates and you tell yourself I will not eat these chocolates and you do not eat them. You succeed and you score points!

No Random Eating (NRE) 10 points all or nothing. If you are already doing this all day, you are to be commended, it will be easy for you to contribute points to your team. Daily maximum 10 points. Note - If you chose NRE for your Don’ts you can score both!

✔️To Score Points Daily – NRE one chosen time a day 10 points. Daily maximum 10 points.

je5v9ovh61vc.pngSummary

Record all exercise minutes. It's 6,000 Exercise Minutes/Air miles. DAILY MAXIMUM 120 exercise minutes/miles.

Scoring: 1 minute of exercise = 1 air mile

1. Living the Good Life - No Random Eating (NRE) 10 points.
    2. Living the Good Life – Drink Your Water - Daily MAXIMUM 8 Cups/Points to record
    8 ounces = 1 glass/cup = 250 ml = 1 point (no fractions)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well. I have an appointment today to get my dryer fixed. It will spin and blow air but it will not heat up so they are coming to look at it today and hopefully fix it.

@Patti241 - Sorry you are getting all the rain. Hope it stops soon
    @cormierannie - I hope you have a good time volunteering. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun
    @CSEGUIN2 - I ended up having to be put on a water pill. It is crazy. My ankle is not currently swelling but it may again in the future.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I did find one I want to do in September. So we will see how it goes. Maye I will take a month off as it is suppose to be super hot in August.

Well it is time for me to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: We had a little bit of rain yesterday. They are calling for more rain this afternoon