Orlistat and me

GrumpyDumpty
GrumpyDumpty Posts: 228 Member
Back in 2020 I was admitted to hospital as I had an adverse reaction to Mirtazipine, after numerous blood tests, my liver output was a smidge over 1000, highly toxic and very dangerous. I was super ill.

Ever since, I've enjoyed the single life, I've been a suckered for Madri, and we all know my love for Greggs and Sausages. Which not only has an effect on my wallet, but also on my health and my liver,

When I was in hospital with my fractured back, I had a blood test which again showed my liver to be high, along with tablets for my back, I was told to lay off the booze and repeat my test, (still waiting thanks morlais doctors)

Now, I've been on fluoxtine for over a year now. It's had a positive affect on my mental health, I'm mental wise, in the best place I've been in years, however it really has affected my metablisim and trying to lose weight,

So I bite the bullet and confided in a doctor in the hope of changing my meds, I explained that my Wright was affected ting my health, she agreed I needed to losexwright to help my liver, she told me to lay off the drink for a month, exercise as best I can (with a fractured back) and start taking Orlistat.

I've got to manage my meals, have no more than 15g of fat in 3 meals a day, this is my last chance I guess and my most important, I want to be in a good place mentally. But also physically, I've a family to support and I cant do that being overweight and a failing liver.

It's been 35 days and I've not touched a mdari, and I'll continue being t total going forward. From tomorro I'll be starting my meds. If anyone had experience of orlistat. Please drop me a message with some hints and tips, meal ideas etc.

I've yoyo dieted all my life. I've gone from 20st. To 11st. I'm currently 17 stone. I'd love to get to 12/13 stone. I want to be healthy, I'd love to get back running, e penitence new, healthy foods, a happy body is a happy mind, I'm so proud of where I've come from, how much I've overcome, I'm so excited for the future, and I want to be in the best shape possible.

My new chapter starts tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Bring an extra pair of pants wherever you go. 🤭
  • Mise_enPlace
    Mise_enPlace Posts: 61 Member
    I sincerely hope you have good results with it... I tried the OTC brand Alli once. I remember not finishing the bottle because I got the runs really bad. TMI maybe but I had bright orange stains. If you can keep your fat intake lower, I think they recommend 15 grams per meal, you might have fewer side effects.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    What you're NOT told is that Orlistat will absorb even GOOD fat. Which means you have to supplement it back into your diet.
    Why NOT do it the right way and quit yoyoing? Learn a eating behavior that's reasonable to lose weight and BE CONSISTENT with it. Creating the right habit is what people who are leaner do to stay that way. It can be LEARNED by anyone willing to learn it and put it to work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png