WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    panera88 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! @jugar sorry I forgot to report last week. Can that be my pass for the month? I didn’t lose any weight. This week I’m really going to be on my exercise grind. Hopefully things will improve. Hope everyone has a great week!

No problem! We'll join you in having a better week :smiley:
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Hi everyone 🙂
    I'm on my holiday at Shell Island in Wales, UK.
    Weather is good, company great 🥰

I wanted to lose a lot of weight before I'll start next week back with the group but I'm affraid I have gained. *Sigh*

I don't understand why my head is not in it anymore 🥺 I know I'm not in the happiest moods lately and it is to do with my weight gain. I took latest photo of myself and I am ready 🙂

@jugar can I please come back from supporters to the group, Liselyn 🥰

Have a good week everyone ❤️
  • jugar
    ells_bellz wrote: »
    Hi everyone 🙂
    I'm on my holiday at Shell Island in Wales, UK.
    Weather is good, company great 🥰

I wanted to lose a lot of weight before I'll start next week back with the group but I'm affraid I have gained. *Sigh*

I don't understand why my head is not in it anymore 🥺 I know I'm not in the happiest moods lately and it is to do with my weight gain. I took latest photo of myself and I am ready 🙂

@jugar can I please come back from supporters to the group, Liselyn 🥰

Have a good week everyone ❤️

Hi Ellie! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday in beautiful Wales. Don't worry about not losing before coming back, but get ready by thinking of the small habits that will help you get started again. No need for anything extreme! Think about those habits, and you'll be ready for next week. I'll put you back on regular team as of next Sunday, but please weigh in this Friday so we have your starting weight. Thanks! You'll soon be feeling happier as you start to get the weight moving again, I'm sure.
  • jugar
    It's a very quiet Monday! I hope everyone is feeling great or recovering well if you have been unwell. We are getting absolutely delicious cool breezes tonight - the heat has broken, and it feels amazing. I might even need to go put on a warmer shirt!

I have had a rather lazy day - finally got myself to do a short HIIT workout and some Pilates, and I'm glad I did. I never cease to be amazed at how hard it is to remember how good that post-workout feeling is while I am deep into not wanting to do it. Just like we forget how good it feels to eat within our calorie or macro budget or whatever kind of plan works for you.

It feels good.

Let's all shout that together every time one of us forgets, OK? Let's hear it now
    1nkqh7wa440d.png
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    IT FEELS GOOD!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    7/24 exercise:
    15559 steps

Today Brad and I did a float down a river... we both managed to capsize, me the first float, and him the second. I hit my back on a rock as I was trying to get back on my tube so I'm a bit sore. Nothing serious... it was all in good fun, but a bit creaky today!

Step counts remain high and my food was more on point today. The ebbs and flows of being away from home!!

Hope everyone's start to week 5 is going well.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,938 Member
    Hi WA's ...You have a new member joining your team .. Please welcome @MsMcClane :)
  • jugar
    Happy Tuesday!

I forgot to put in reminders last night so here is a quick update on the weigh-ins due through the end of the day today:
    @MoonlitMuse
    @Kali225
    @JEB03253

A hearty welcome to you @MsMcClane ! Tell us a bit about yourself, where you are, what are your goals and commitments, and anything you want to share. If you have any questions, just blast away - a lot of the information you need is on the very first post of this month's chat thread, so you can check there too. You'll soon get to know everyone, and I hope that the team helps you work towards your fitness and weight loss goals.

I'm off to the big bad city today but luckily it is nice and cool out. Montreal is a lovely place when it is not sweltering. Recording some odd experiments today - should be fun!

@ashleycarole86 take care of that bruised back :heart: and be sure to put ice ON it, not ice cream IN you :wink:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 478 Member
    Checking in for the first time this week. I've been on vacation visiting my family in RI. It was a great visit and now I am at the airport heading back home. Overall, I ate better than I normally do when visiting. The last 2 days were slightly rough. I wish I tracked everything but can't say that I did. I'm assuming I will be up in weight this week,.will find out tomorrow.

I read through everyones posts, but don't have time to respond. I hope everyone that is sick is starting to feel better!
  • JEB03253
    JEB03253 Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2022
    Weekly weigh-in:
    PW: 240
    CW: 239.6

@lauren_989 What part of RI? My younger son and his family live in West Greenwich.

@jugar Cool is good! Enjoy your day. It's comfortable here in New Hampshire. The forecast is for things to heat up again in a day or two.

@MsMcClane Welcome to the group!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Welcome @MsMcClane .. looking forward to getting to know you

@lauren_989 Worth celebrating all the things that went better on this vacation for sure.. glad you can see those differences and acknowledge both what did go well and what you can potentially work on for next time.

@DD265 As always your level of self examination and self awareness is inspiring.. hopefully through your journal writing and meditation you find the answers you're seeking

@jugar Have fun in the big city!!

7/26 exercise: 19804 steps

Last call for steps for week 4.. think I'm just waiting on @KellyBgetsfit and @MoonlitMuse whenever you ladies get a second! Thanks
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 600 Member
    Tuesday Weigh-In
    PW: 249.2
    CW: 245.9

Slowly but surely putting the jewels back in my Tuesday Empress crown! I figured this would be a good week with 2 sources of bloat subsiding, but I definitely checked the scale a few times this morning. Feeling good, with great meals planned this week. I'm about to head to the mall for some clothes shopping, as work starts for me next week - wayfair has a pretty casual office dress code, so I need like nice jeans and work tops (and 95% of my closet doesn't currently fit me - working towards that!) I was hoping not to have to buy clothes at this elevated weight range but c'est la vie, and hopefully I drop out of this size range in the next few months and can thrift some things I buy to recoup dollars.

@micki48 oh man! feel better. covid is on a rip again.

@Terytha hope the fresh air felt freeing, even with a mask!

It FEELS SO GOOD to do things that are good for your body!!

@MsMcClane welcome to the party!

Alright that's enough exclamation points for one post. @DD265 "delegate the latter" made me chuckle - wish I had a handy 2nd pair of hands to share chores with at my place
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @ashleycarole86 I think the 1286 calories of chocolate I consumed this morning might be less inspiring! :s I'm glad I worked the calories out and tracked it though, because I wouldn't have guessed the number was so high. Now to do the math before I eat it or better yet, before I buy it!

@kali225 that's a great loss! As for delegation... sometimes it can be more work to think about assigning the tasks than it is to just do it. On the other hand, if I'd had OH do my Amazon returns yesterday, I wouldn't have had 1286 calories of chocolate to consume this morning!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    I feel a lot better. Still tired, but no fever, no sniffles, no aches and pains... And also.

No smell. No taste. Had a nap and woke up without either.

Food without taste or smell is so vile. I gave up halfway through dinner last night. Thinking I might go on an ice cream diet because at least the texture is nice.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @Terytha i am in the “lucky” 5.6% of people taking Paxlovid who get Paxlovid Mouth. Basically the drug makes it taste like you chewed Tylenol or vitamins in your mouth. Doesn’t go away until the meds are done. It’s constant and started about 30 minutes after my first dose. Did you know we have about 25 bitter tastebuds in our mouths and only 2 sweet ones?. Article said we need more bitter even though we rarely use them because bitter things are usually poisonous and it keeps us alive. I just know it tastes gross. So there’s that as well as Terytha’s no taste.
This discussion has been closed.