Mission Slimpossibles Team Chat - JULY 2022

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @leti126 Welcome to Slimpossibles Leti, I'm so glad you're part of our team!

@19shmoo69 I'm always game for coffee in the mornings, can't at night though!

@vegan4lyfe2012 The new Suspiria, definitely glad I Googled it as I would've been lost! Next time I'm in a horror mood I'll ask you for a recommendation, I didn't watch many movies or listen to music for about 20 years so I have a lot of catching up to do. I love that you cleaned your kitchen out for success, I think taking charge and now not having someone bringing in temptations you'll do amazing.

@FushiaKat Yay, I'm so happy for you Kat! Have fun clearing out the clothing! I'm like you, I'm about 145-147 right now but I know anything else I won't change sizes either. For bikini underwear I bought Auden from Target, they're not bad for the price, I didn't know if I'd go down much more so I didn't want to spend a lot on undergarments at the time. Aside of that I've bought some from Amazon but they're various styles and brands. Ironically I ordered some and was away from home and got a message that my package had been delivered with a picture, little weird to have a driver sending you pictures of your underwear even if you're the only one who knows what it is!

@Cornanda All the work is worth it to bank vacation days!

Hi everyone! I'm still cleaning the house while flared up. I worked out this morning then picked beans at the food bank farm, went to a cafe to get donations for the charity, then back home to clean. I need to spend some time in the yard, a bunch of sunflowers have fallen over and I need to tie them but wasn't up to it tonight. Have a concert on Saturday, can't wait! Tomorrow's picking up donations and stuff around the house. Have a great Wednesday!
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! I feel a little embarrassed to get first place with such a small loss, but it is motivation to keep working on eating healthy and exercising.
    A local produce stand sells very reasonably priced vegetables, and my favorite use so far has been these Chocolate Zucchini Brownies: https://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2014/08/secretly-healthy-zucchini-brownies.html. I have also enjoyed BLTs and Creamy Cucumbers.

Welcome to new and returning members!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    @trooworld 2 cups is a good start.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @leti126 Welcome to the team! Portion control and consistency are excellent focuses to have.

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's interesting about your friends that have kept their weight off. Sounds like you had a great conversation. I'm glad you are taking advantage of being an empty nester to focus on yourself. You deserve health!

@FushiaKat Woo hoo! Congrats, that is so awesome! I wish I could recommend underwear but I don't have any suggestions. Thank you so much for the well-wishes.

@Cornanda Oh that is great! Yay for whoever complained lol!

@Katmary71 I'm so excited for you for your concert. What band are you going to see?

@bgame4 Thanks for the recipe, that looks soooo good!

@19shmoo69 We all have to start somewhere lol.

Hi all. I'm feeling a lot better today. I am going to work from home, hopefully for the whole day. I tracked my food yesterday (for those that don't know, I am just recovering from COVID and didn't track while sick). Here's your Wellness Wednesday tip:

pom6i6cv6koz.png

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our new members! This is a great team and I hope you will feel right at home. :)

@FushiaKat Wahooooo on getting to a new decade on the scale!! B) You are doing awesome. Just don’t be too impatient because the less you have to lose the longer it can take.

@Cornanda I’m glad that your manager jumped in to make sure that you were OK with working 12 straight days and offered you a choice. Nothing worse than working for a place you don’t feel appreciated or heard. How is your mom doing? :)

Good morning, Team! Well, I happily lost 4.3 lbs. at TOPS last night. I had expected 3 lbs. from my scale at home so clearly, our scales don’t match, but that is OK! My sister lost 5.6 lbs. and we were both the queen and runner up were given crowns to wear and had a song sung to us. Yeah, TOPS can be really corny! :D A woman did a program on intermittent fasting from a TOPS article, and it was terrible and I sat shaking my head the whole time on how much misinformation the article contained. TOPS is not a fan of IF, it seems. :grin: Afterward the leader asked if any of us do IF and my sister and I raised our hands and had plenty to say about how we disagreed with all of it. That led to lots of questions on IF and other stuff. I have promised to do another program one day on IF and how it can work. OK, I gotta go and head to the church to meet the pest control man. Have a great day! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,069 Member
    Options
    Hi MS.... You have another member joining your team ...Please welcome @Mmosley1611 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @shaunarlr83 :)
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Like I said in my sign up registry I’m canceling my Beachbody subscription this month. I’ve had it 3 years and the support there became less and less until really there was never more than two people in my group posting at any time and never the same two people. The coach was busy and didn’t have time to set up challenges so I just lost all motivation and it became a waste of money.

I’m a long time MFP user though! 😁
    Started in 2011 and hit my goal weight pretty quickly. I had a great group of supportive friends. Technology wasn’t as easy back then and I moved to an area with no wifi. Gained it all back plus some. Finally got connected again and had to scrounge up another great group of supporters. Lost it again pretty quick. It’s been the same rollercoaster ever since, I was actually doing better than I ever had.. i lost beyond my goal weight and had been maintaining for awhile and then Covid hit my daughters senior year of school. I fell completely off track and into a depression tried time and again to get back to it and failed. This past year was my youngest sons graduation and it was really hard on me. I not only had gained back everything but went over the 200 lb. mark and gained 12 lbs more than I had ever weighed in my life. I’m ready to get out of the 200’s and never see that number on the scale again.

I have a good group of MFP friends right now but I’m just not being challenged to push myself. I’ll do great for 3-10 days and then slack off again. I desperately need this challenge. When I’m challenged I succeed!!! I’m a bit new to the forums, I only use my phone and it’s a bit of a headache but then again logging into MFP has always had its own issues so I can deal!!! Thank you all in advance for getting me out of my funk!!! 😊
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - glad you are feeling better and getting back into your routine.

@TeresaW1020 - Whahoo on the loss! Congrats. My Mom is doing OK right now- she has another little medical issue, but is hanging in there. She and Dad have set a moving date of 10/18. They will be moving to a retirement community where it will be easy for her to enter assisted living when she needs to and easy for Dad to spend time with her. I'm so glad that Dad finally moved that forward! How is Joe?

@shaunarir83- Welcome to the group- hope it helps you!

Well. In addition to having to work all weekend, the big boss decided we all need to meet for dinner on Friday to get pepped up for it. (I'd much rather stay home and chill in my PJs!) On top of that- this week an email came out stating that each team must participate in a lip sync battle at the dinner. Let me tell you, this is not in my wheelhouse at all! The rest of my team agrees. However, we worked up a little routine- not easy when you all work remote! Hoping it will turn out to be fun.

Lisa
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    Walking around the house at 4am singing the Baby Shark song!!
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Like I said in my sign up registry I’m canceling my Beachbody subscription this month. I’ve had it 3 years and the support there became less and less until really there was never more than two people in my group posting at any time and never the same two people. The coach was busy and didn’t have time to set up challenges so I just lost all motivation and it became a waste of money.

Started in 2011 and hit my goal weight pretty quickly. I had a great group of supportive friends. Technology wasn’t as easy back then and I moved to an area with no wifi. Gained it all back plus some. Finally got connected again and had to scrounge up another great group of supporters. Lost it again pretty quick. It’s been the same rollercoaster ever since, I was actually doing better than I ever had.. i lost beyond my goal weight and had been maintaining for awhile and then Covid hit my daughters senior year of school. I fell completely off track and into a depression tried time and again to get back to it and failed. This past year was my youngest sons graduation and it was really hard on me. I not only had gained back everything but went over the 200 lb. mark and gained 12 lbs more than I had ever weighed in my life. I’m ready to get out of the 200’s and never see that number on the scale again.

I have a good group of MFP friends right now but I’m just not being challenged to push myself. I’ll do great for 3-10 days and then slack off again. I desperately need this challenge. When I’m challenged I succeed!!! I’m a bit new to the forums, I only use my phone and it’s a bit of a headache but then again logging into MFP has always had its own issues so I can deal!!! Thank you all in advance for getting me out of my funk!!! 😊

Whilst I was carefully paroozing your post, I noticed a subject matter that was not addressed. In some circles it would be an important subject. The subject is Coffee. Are you a coffee enjoyer?
  • mummermike8
    mummermike8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the team and myfitnesspal, looking forward to the help and support on this journey, I weigh in on Friday morning. Let's do this 👍
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Wow, that's fantastic! Congratulations! And congrats to your sister as well woo hoo! It's a good thing you guys were there to set the misinformation on IF straight.

@shaunarlr83 Hello and welcome to the team! I'm also in the 200s and can't wait to say "I'm in Onederland!"

@Cornanda Thanks, me too. Oh gosh, dinner before a working weekend? That doesn't sound like fun! And they are making you lip sync? That just sounds like pure torture! lol Good luck!

@19shmoo69 LOL you've been into the coffee early I see!

@mummermike8 Hi and welcome to the team, good to have you!

Hi all. I still tested positive yesterday morning so the virus still has a hold on me but I attempted to work from home anyway. I lasted until 11:30 and then clocked out and laid on the couch. I did track everything I ate yesterday, so that's good. And I didn't snack at all.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi MS... You have 2 returning members joining your team ...Please welcome back @krea4 and @bethanie0825 :)
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Hello! I would love to rejoin for the August group! I had my surgery and ready to recommit! Weigh in day will be Fridays.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

Whilst I was carefully paroozing your post, I noticed a subject matter that was not addressed. In some circles it would be an important subject. The subject is Coffee. Are you a coffee enjoyer?

😂😂😂 how did you know I’m having an internal battle with this right now!?

I tried to get away from non-dairy coffee creamer when I read it was top 5 worst things to put in your body. Was able to drink it black for a couple of years but I just can’t do it anymore. I’m currently trying every add in I can to love it again but so far it’s not working….
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with you people?!?
    0t18q22hbg6f.jpg
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Where are my tea fiends?!?
    kx2r7i5as49i.jpg
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Where are my tea fiends?!?
    kx2r7i5as49i.jpg

Me!! I find coffee so disgusting, I can’t stand the smell!
    Tea all the way!
This discussion has been closed.