What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    Took my primary measurements a few days ago and I am a total of 22.5 inches smaller than I was when I first recorded them in February. Also my BMI has dropped by 7.4. Still in the obese range but almost half way to reaching the healthy BMI range.

What are primary measurements? I see people mention a total number of inchds all the time but no one ever shares what they measured.
    Great job though!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,106 Member
    @bojaantje3822

I think probably:
    • Chest
    • Waist
    • Hips

I don't measure that often, but I measure:
    • Chest
    • Girth at navel
    • Waist (I'm never exactly sure where that is, so navel is always the same place)
    • Buttocks
    • Neck
    • Quad
    • Unflexed bicep
    • Flexed bicep

You can use waist and hip to get some obesity estimates by using a waist:height ratio or a waist:hip ratio.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Today is my one-year anniversary of continuous logging into MFP! While I have been on and off the site for years, this is the longest stretch of logging that I have ever done.

The results of that effort:
    * I've lost 30 pounds and have been in successful maintenance for about 2 months.
    * I've gone from not being able to use my elliptical for more than 20 minutes without hurting my knee to now going about 45-60 min, 4x per week (and I'm faster!).

Keep going everyone! :smile:

I'm proud of you @dralicephd !!!!
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,188 Member

GinLee61 wrote: »
    Took my primary measurements a few days ago and I am a total of 22.5 inches smaller than I was when I first recorded them in February. Also my BMI has dropped by 7.4. Still in the obese range but almost half way to reaching the healthy BMI range.

What are primary measurements? I see people mention a total number of inchds all the time but no one ever shares what they measured.
    Great job though!

I measure my bust, waist, hips, thighs and biceps. Here is the breakdown for me:
    Bust -5
    Waist -5
    Hips -6.5
    Thighs -2 each
    Biceps -1 each
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!