What irks you today?

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,463 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    The building inspector didnt show today to do the framing inspection i needed. I called the office an hour after he was supposed to show up. They told me it was my mistake and that he is scheduled for tomorrow. I wrote it down so im pretry sure i wasnt wrong but didnt push the issue too much. So after we straightened out that he would come tomorrow we ended the conversation but for some reason neither of our phones hung up. I could hear them talking and they weren't saying very nice things about me. Yup that irked me.....

That’s a drag but, now you know.
    You gotta play nice with inspectors but you’re not working your rear end off to make friends.
    ❤️

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Automatic toilets that flush 2 seconds after you stand up. Give a person a chance! You’re making me an unwilling accomplice to water wastage and I take no responsibility for this.
  • Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    What irks me today are transplants to my area that drive like crap, eating over my caloric goal and global warming because it's warm as all get out in my area when it shouldn't be. Welcome to my MFP talk.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,463 Member
    Not sleeping
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Tunnel traffic.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Automatic toilets that flush 2 seconds after you stand up. Give a person a chance! You’re making me an unwilling accomplice to water wastage and I take no responsibility for this.

Worse are the ones that decide to flush BEFORE you get up.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Worse are the ones that decide to flush BEFORE you get up.

Poor man’s bidet
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    🤢
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited July 2022
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Tunnel traffic.

You ever read The Stand? *shudder*
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,187 Member
    In laws....hey sister in law we'd like to do something with you for your birthday. After back and forthing we are allotted 3-5 on Sunday. Wow...so gracious. I mean I'd get it if she worked and her time off was valuable but she doesn't work, she doesn't do anything other than put up art work on their walls and put out throw pillows
  • DWBalboa
    Tunnel traffic.

I started to years ago but the book was stolen before I got far into it. I should get a new copy.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Tunnel traffic.

I started to years ago but the book was stolen before I got far into it. I should get a new copy.
    I get irked when people steal my books
  • TwitchyMagee
    English is not my first language and although i studied at a catholic convent school and i always scored highest in it, it's been ages since i left school/college. so i have resumed my education again(preparing for law entrance) and my tutor kept calling me out for wrong grammar and other stuff. Oh man im pissed that my language skills are worsening and English was my favorite and the only subject i excelled at in school/college🤦. I feel really pissed and sad. Oh well I'm trying

You’re communicating well in English right now.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    English is not my first language and although i studied at a catholic convent school and i always scored highest in it, it's been ages since i left school/college. so i have resumed my education again(preparing for law entrance) and my tutor kept calling me out for wrong grammar and other stuff. Oh man im pissed that my language skills are worsening and English was my favorite and the only subject i excelled at in school/college🤦. I feel really pissed and sad. Oh well I'm trying

Aww thank you. Conversationally, yes but academically it's been hell lately. Stupid mistakes really 🙄
  • DWBalboa
    Tunnel traffic.

RIGHT! As well as other things like my camper on new years day.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Tunnel traffic.

RIGHT! As well as other things like my camper on new years day.
    *kitten*
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,187 Member

Aww thank you. Conversationally, yes but academically it's been hell lately. Stupid mistakes really 🙄

English is such a weird language to learn and sometimes not all the strict rules apply because English is just like that. Even native English speakers get confused because there are lots of local habits and nuances. I'm sure you'll do great! If you become a lawyer your assistant can correct the grammar (I was a legal assistant and I'd do this all the time)