Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• debbieluck
    debbieluck Posts: 12 Member
    Another new member joining our team ...Please welcome @debbieluck :)

VERY excited to be here. Have never used this chat format in My fitness Pal. Please be patient…. Haha

SW 187
    CW 165
    Weigh day: Can I change it to Wednesday? I am out of town most Mondays this month.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,492 Member
    debbieluck wrote: »
    Another new member joining our team ...Please welcome @debbieluck :)

VERY excited to be here. Have never used this chat format in My fitness Pal. Please be patient…. Haha

SW 187
    CW 165
    Weigh day: Can I change it to Wednesday? I am out of town most Mondays this month.

I will change it to Wednesday. Welcome to the team!
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 198 Member
    Hi, My name is Rick and I have been invited to join the Downsizers. I can not tell you how excited I am t be joining you.

Let me tell you a little about myself and my background. I am a 71 yo man. I have been married for 39 years. I have 2 children and 1 grandchild, who I proudly spoil rotten (to my daughters dismay). 🥴. Oh and, yes, I have a weight problem.

I take medications for hypertension, cholesterol, sleep apnea, GERD, water retention, and artorytis. My doctor he tells me that I could lose a few pounds (well actually about 100 pounds) I could take myself off all of this medication. Furthermore, and more importantly, if I want to give myself any chance of dance with my granddaughter at her wedding, I better done something and do it soon! Well that is my “why”. Why I am here, hoping to find encouragement, comraderie, and maybe friendship on my journey to “ one-der land” (sub 200lb weight).

I have been a member of MFB, on and off, since 2011 but this is the first time I have reached out to community members for support. Over the past 25 years, I have probably tried every “diet” plan, scheme, or fad out there. Sadly, very few have done much of anything. I have been as high as 314lbs and as low as 268lbs in the 25 years since my weight exploded during my mid-40’s. Most recently, I belonged to and participated in the Weight Watchers program. I won’t “knock” the program, it works for many people. It did not work for me. My weight has been pretty stable between 285 and 295 for 5 years. I need to make a change.

I quit weight watchers. I renewed my membership in MFP. I need to get off the couch and move (a lot) more. I got my Cubii out of the closet and set it up in front of my chair. I got my Fitbit out of the drawer and charged it up. I took my bike for a (short) ride. My doctor says stop eating salt and sugar. Start acting more fresh fruit and vegetables and a lot less processed foods. Ok, I’ll try. And, I need some help. I need to have like minded people to help me achieve my goal. I need to share my experience with others and help them. I need a challenge to keep me focused.

Well that’s about it. Probably more than you wanted to know, so beware, don’t ask me an open ended question, I tend to run on…and on….and on.😱
    I look forward to talking to you all in the future.

Ok that is a lot. Sorry to have bored you but I just wanted to get that off my chest.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    We have another new member joining our wonderful team ...Please welcome @Xanathi :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    rwillems wrote: »
    Hi, My name is Rick and I have been invited to join the Downsizers. I can not tell you how excited I am t be joining you.

Let me tell you a little about myself and my background. I am a 71 yo man. I have been married for 39 years. I have 2 children and 1 grandchild, who I proudly spoil rotten (to my daughters dismay). 🥴. Oh and, yes, I have a weight problem.

I take medications for hypertension, cholesterol, sleep apnea, GERD, water retention, and artorytis. My doctor he tells me that I could lose a few pounds (well actually about 100 pounds) I could take myself off all of this medication. Furthermore, and more importantly, if I want to give myself any chance of dance with my granddaughter at her wedding, I better done something and do it soon! Well that is my “why”. Why I am here, hoping to find encouragement, comraderie, and maybe friendship on my journey to “ one-der land” (sub 200lb weight).

I have been a member of MFB, on and off, since 2011 but this is the first time I have reached out to community members for support. Over the past 25 years, I have probably tried every “diet” plan, scheme, or fad out there. Sadly, very few have done much of anything. I have been as high as 314lbs and as low as 268lbs in the 25 years since my weight exploded during my mid-40’s. Most recently, I belonged to and participated in the Weight Watchers program. I won’t “knock” the program, it works for many people. It did not work for me. My weight has been pretty stable between 285 and 295 for 5 years. I need to make a change.

I quit weight watchers. I renewed my membership in MFP. I need to get off the couch and move (a lot) more. I got my Cubii out of the closet and set it up in front of my chair. I got my Fitbit out of the drawer and charged it up. I took my bike for a (short) ride. My doctor says stop eating salt and sugar. Start acting more fresh fruit and vegetables and a lot less processed foods. Ok, I’ll try. And, I need some help. I need to have like minded people to help me achieve my goal. I need to share my experience with others and help them. I need a challenge to keep me focused.

Well that’s about it. Probably more than you wanted to know, so beware, don’t ask me an open ended question, I tend to run on…and on….and on.😱
    I look forward to talking to you all in the future.

Ok that is a lot. Sorry to have bored you but I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Welcome to our group ...Glad to have you join us ...looking forward to see what you can do on your journey :)

• debbieluck
    debbieluck Posts: 12 Member
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Debbie and I live in Wildwood, Missouri. I am a mom of three adult children and I’ve been married to my husband for 31 years. I am 54 years old and have been a member of MFP on and off for quite a few years. I have not ever used the community section, however. I am very excited to be among others who have the same goals.

I am also a kindergarten teacher and will be going back to school in a couple of weeks. My summer has been amazing, but I have gotten a little fluffier than I like with all of the fun. It will be good to get back to school and be in a routine again.

A couple of questions…
    - Is there a way to save this group like a bookmark? I’m having trouble navigating through all of the threads to find it each time I want to post or check in.
    - To send a direct message to someone specific.. is this like Group Me where you tag them with their @ name?
    - Do any of you use Macros to lose weight? It hasn’t been the easiest way to record foods, but it definitely works if used correctly.

That’s it for now! Looking forward to this August challenge! Here’s to a successful month for everyone!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    debbieluck wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Debbie and I live in Wildwood, Missouri. I am a mom of three adult children and I’ve been married to my husband for 31 years. I am 54 years old and have been a member of MFP on and off for quite a few years. I have not ever used the community section, however. I am very excited to be among others who have the same goals.

I am also a kindergarten teacher and will be going back to school in a couple of weeks. My summer has been amazing, but I have gotten a little fluffier than I like with all of the fun. It will be good to get back to school and be in a routine again.

A couple of questions…
    - Is there a way to save this group like a bookmark? I’m having trouble navigating through all of the threads to find it each time I want to post or check in.
    - To send a direct message to someone specific.. is this like Group Me where you tag them with their @ name?
    - Do any of you use Macros to lose weight? It hasn’t been the easiest way to record foods, but it definitely works if used correctly.

That’s it for now! Looking forward to this August challenge! Here’s to a successful month for everyone!!

To bookmark ...use the thing that looks like a ribbon on the very top of this page

We use the quote button at the bottom of the post and yes you can use @withaname

Yes I use my macros to lose weight ...Welcome to our wonderful team :)

• lindamtuck2018
    @rwillems
    Welcome to the team Rick! I have tried a lot of diets but mfp and calorie counting has helped me the most. I was an insulin dependent type 2 diabetic and as a result of weight loss I am no longer on insulin. So yes weight loss helps. I am excited to be on this journey with you. Also, grandkids are put on this earth for us to spoil.

@debbieluck
    I don’t really pay attention to my macros. It is something I may do in the future. Just curious, what do you mean it isn’t the easiest way to log food? Do you find logging food hard in general?
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    Friday weigh in

PW 222.4
    CW 225.3
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. Time for another weekend.
    Check in for 7/29:
    Steps - 14572 plus 10 minutes bike moderate intensity.
    Calories - 2597
    Exercise - walk in morning. 1 hr 49 min. Gym after dinner. 9 machines and 10 minutes bike.

Still ate to much after dinner. Working on it.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Happy Saturday Team !

Weigh-In:

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 5
    Previous weight - 219
    Current weight - 218.4

Steps: GOAL 10,000 a day

Sunday - 15,888
    Monday - 16,704
    Tuesday - 17,537
    Wednesday - 10,218
    Thursday - 12,840
    Friday - 10,598
    Saturday - Coming 🔜
  • @lindamtuck2018
    NSV...my clothes are feeling looser
    Managed to resist that takeaway fish and chips during the week
    Ive been taking the dog for a walk before work (mainly to try stop him digging the garden up whilst im gone) so a few extra steps for both of us. Go again in in the evening. Work wasn't busy this week though, so I've not been as active there as i normally would, was nice to have a bit of a break though 😊
  • Another new member joining our team ...Please welcome @debbieluck :)

Hi Debbie 👋
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    The pool I swim at is closing for repairs for 1 month starting tomorrow. I've been kind of wanting to mix things up and this is the push I needed
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    The August Team Chat is open! Finish up today's weigh-ins here, and go to the new month to introduce yourself, tell everyone about your goals and commitments for August:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10870455/downsizers-team-chat-august-2022/p1?new=1
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    The August Habit Tracker is also up and ready to be filled in -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10870457/f2f-habit-tracker-august-2022#latest

Think about a few things you really want to commit to this coming month, follow the instructions in the post, then make the check marks grow!
  • lindamtuck2018
    @lindamtuck2018
    Friday check-in
    PW: 329
    CW: 328

Nice loss

laura9400 wrote: »
    Name:Laura9400
    PW:185.0
    CW:187.6

Did you have any NSV’s this week?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    PW - 233.8
    CW - 229.8. -4 LBS
    SW - 566. -337 lbs since March 2019.

Finally back under 230 but my snacking is bad still. Hopefully it will slow down some as I eat regularly.

You are just amazing.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day Fridays
    PW: 175.3
    CW: 174.0 (loss 1.3 lbs)
    LTD: 95 lbs

Nice!

Friday weigh in

PW 222.4
    CW 225.3

What are some NSV’s you had this week?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. Time for another weekend.
    Check in for 7/29:
    Steps - 14572 plus 10 minutes bike moderate intensity.
    Calories - 2597
    Exercise - walk in morning. 1 hr 49 min. Gym after dinner. 9 machines and 10 minutes bike.

Still ate to much after dinner. Working on it.

Evenings are the hardest for me too. Awesome exercise day!

Happy Saturday Team !

Weigh-In:

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 5
    Previous weight - 219
    Current weight - 218.4

Steps: GOAL 10,000 a day

Sunday - 15,888
    Monday - 16,704
    Tuesday - 17,537
    Wednesday - 10,218
    Thursday - 12,840
    Friday - 10,598
    Saturday - Coming 🔜

Great loss! Over 10k steps every day is amazing.

@lindamtuck2018
    NSV...my clothes are feeling looser
    Managed to resist that takeaway fish and chips during the week
    Ive been taking the dog for a walk before work (mainly to try stop him digging the garden up whilst im gone) so a few extra steps for both of us. Go again in in the evening. Work wasn't busy this week though, so I've not been as active there as i normally would, was nice to have a bit of a break though 😊

Those are some amazing NSV’s. The scale never paints the whole picture.
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    The pool I swim at is closing for repairs for 1 month starting tomorrow. I've been kind of wanting to mix things up and this is the push I needed

What are some things you are thinking to do for exercise now?

• lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 8,893 converted steps
    Steps ✔️
    Meals and snacks ✔️

I did water exercises yesterday. My exercise didn’t post yesterday so not sure what happened there. I won’t be going to the pool today. It’s grocery shopping soon and after lunch we are taking my granddaughter to Michaels. I am going to take it easy the rest of the day.

Have a super Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.