August 2022 Move Your @$$ Challenge

darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,302 Member
edited September 2022 in Social Groups
Okay @$$ movers, here's the new thread for the August 2022 Move Your @$$ Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

We welcome all newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @$$ starting on the first day of the month.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (or kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any previous month's miles here. We will continue updating the previous month's spreadsheet using the old thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of the new and current month. Please add only your current month's goals/miles to this thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :lol:

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.....but typically a day or so. Don't hold us too tightly to that though. :grin:

https://tinyurl.com/yyunbxvg

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to either www.lilyslim.com or www.tickerfactory.com and create a Fitness ticker. Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Janet and Dave

Replies

• darkrider42
    I'm in for 90 miles this month! :sunglasses:

Happy Moving and Good Luck!!
    Dave
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,626 Member
    Can you please put me down for 175 miles please, thanks!
    7/19 11.50

Total miles 150

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,768 Member
    Please tell me down for 250 miles for this month
    Good luck to everyone...😊
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited August 2022
    I will go 300 miles again. I am taking a vacation in August so might not get much workouts in.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Please put me down for 30 miles. I can always up it if needed.
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Hey gang, if you could add me for 75 miles. Thanks
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 929 Member
    .. will try for 40 miles this month. Best of luck to everyone …
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,186 Member
    I'm in for 100 miles in August.
    exercise.png
    I hope everyone has a good month.
    Chris
  • darkrider42
    edited August 2022
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*

Another month in the books! On to August! And HEYYYY...a big welcome back to @JoeMO! :sunglasses: As I mentioned in my last July post, @JANET is off on her African Adventure vacation so you're all stuck with me for a week or two! :grin:

I finally got around to going through some more of my Alaskan vacation photos and have some from one of our day excursions now. One of the days there, we took a Glacier Tour cruise to see the Portage Glacier. Not like a ship cruise, more like a houseboat lake cruise. The lake is fed from normal glacier melt and several waterfalls and streams coming down the mountains surrounding the lake.

It was COLD and very windy that day. The lower section of this boat was enclosed and heated, but the views were too spectacular not to go up on the top observation deck. I had fun adding some effects to the waterfall photos. All photos were taken with my iPhone 13+ Max. The glacier and the water really is that blue, too! Something about the type of silt and sediment that gets picked up and carried by the glacial ice. All of the black stuff in the glacier is dirt, rocks, sand, etc that mixes in the ice as it moves.

Fun fact: They get about 100 ft of snow in a typical winter. The heavy weight of that snow packs down to form the solid ice glaciers. They also estimate that the glacier moves down the mountain about 12" every 24 hours. Slow, but steady. We got to see a couple of huge chunks "calve" off the end and splash into the water. Very cool and it is surprisingly loud!

Dave

8ibc4fwcqega.jpg

pjwyrrlwwnl3.jpg

eiiclnizg6ry.jpg

l6w56vgkuv37.jpg

zn3jt58hzk6i.jpg

yjsxqzh9f5k8.jpg

9ft23dqi5g85.jpg

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,318 Member
    edited August 2022
    @ Janet : Have a wonderful adventure!
    @ Dave: Your photos are fabulous!

Thanks to both of you for keeping my mileage.
    I am in for 150 this month. I am hoping to get some running miles in 2 or 3 times a week Testing the old knee. We shall see.

blk-exercise.png
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    I'm in for 170 again!!! I am at 1183.5 for the 2022 miles this year!
  • darkrider42

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*

CONGRATS to @TAHM42 for making JULY GOAL!! :drinker: Great work on your annual goal, too! :+1:

@CLEPANT - Thanks! :smile:

Dave
    MFm4m5.png

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Just to shock everyone … checking in on the 1st of the month!
    I’ll try for 70!
    @dave - Your photos are fabulous, truly wonderful!

1st - 5.62
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,768 Member
    edited August 2022
    8/01
    12.45 miles
    12.45 miles
    **. Dave - photos are wonderful…📸
  • darkrider42

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*

And that's JULY GOAL for @K80FLEC, too!! CONGRATS!! :drinker:

I ended up riding the stationary bike 11.05 miles today instead of going for a walk outside again.

Dave
    MFm4m5.png
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,198 Member
    I'm in for 110 for August!!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,024 Member
    Thank you @Dave and @Janet (in Africa) for keeping us moving

Please put me down for 220km again

1 Aug 8.21km
    2 Aug 7.81km

MTD 16.02/220km
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Walked 2.6
    2.6/75

Love those images from Alaska!
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    I'm pretty sure I logged only one mile in July because of a huge cushion re-covering project I had to do for a client. It is now behind me and I'm counting on more time this month. So please put me in for 60 miles. Thank you so much for your diligence in keeping this going and keeping track for all of us.

I walked four miles on the rail trail today.
    4/60

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.