What's on your mind?

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Is it bad that I'm eating breakfast and reading posts in bed because its too cold? 🥶 7am and 3c I can't wait to travel to the tropics for winter again

Not at all. I did the same thing and it was 12.7° C (55° F) here this morning

Wow cool morning.. not summery at all.

Right? It's been feeling like autumn all week
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Is it bad that I'm eating breakfast and reading posts in bed because its too cold? 🥶 7am and 3c I can't wait to travel to the tropics for winter again

So, you are not where its been hotter than hades? Or its just cooler this week?
  • cmsienk

So, you are not where its been hotter than hades? Or its just cooler this week?

It has not been hotter than Hades here
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,126 Member
    My mom is 85 today 🥳❤️❤️❤️🎂
    She’s such a cutie pie and has such a beautiful soul!❤️❤️❤️

She has been my hero and my inspiration for all of my life, I always wanted to be a mommy like her from a young age and could tell she was special❤️

She traveled the world on her own and with her best friend for a portion of it… ok mainly Europe 🤷🏻‍♀️… but still pretty great in the early sixties…

She also didn’t get married until she was 30 and didn’t have me til she was 31…again not the norm back then (let’s not do the math mkay?!🫣)

She worked on the first Book Mobile in Boston and was a Librarian for 40 yrs.. she took off time to raise us and went back when I was old enough to baby sit the little ones (she had my youngest brother at 41 something that is so normal now was really odd and rare back then but she loved being a mom(she was the oldest mom of all my friends and classmates but also had such patience and always made us laugh, we always feel so loved and she still does!

I found a pic of her that was taken when I was 2 and she was pregnant with my other brother … I think she was and still is so beautiful inside and out and well I wanted to share this with you all and ask for prayers to keep her safe and well.

We are going to the neurologist next week to evaluate for dementia 😔… her mom had Alzheimer’s and she has been repeating things lately and as if she hadn’t just said it so we want to be proactive🙏🏻
    (Her mom lived with us thru the worst of the disease and it wrecked us she was as such another lovely soul and it’s so unfair and heartbreaking to all those dealing with it and their family and supporters)

This is a chick who had breast cancer at 80 and beat it 🥰 so we are all hopeful still a little extra prayers or positive thoughts couldn’t hurt right?!

I know this is hella long so sorry whole heartedly Thank you for letting me interrupt your regularly scheduled shenanigans and for your kindness…. It’s been a really rough year for me as some of you know and I am anxious and scared…::…and well here’s my sweet mom who was rockin her flip cut back in 1970😍
    ths78v0jdcum.jpeg
    .. thank you again..❤️Ali

Aww she's beautiful
    I hope all goes well at the neurologist. My Nana has Alzheimer's it's so not fun, as we were clearing out our house we found the doctor's report about her cognition....it was sad to read

Apparently a lot of seniors have suffered dementia like issues and it's just from under stimulation from the pandemic so fingers crossed it's simply that. Or I've heard heart conditions can cause this too. Good luck neurologist appointments are never fun (ok unless they were to my mom's after her brain surgery when the cute spanish guy was programing her brain implants)
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member

She has been my hero and my inspiration for all of my life, I always wanted to be a mommy like her from a young age and could tell she was special❤️

She traveled the world on her own and with her best friend for a portion of it… ok mainly Europe 🤷🏻‍♀️… but still pretty great in the early sixties…

She also didn’t get married until she was 30 and didn’t have me til she was 31…again not the norm back then (let’s not do the math mkay?!🫣)

She worked on the first Book Mobile in Boston and was a Librarian for 40 yrs.. she took off time to raise us and went back when I was old enough to baby sit the little ones (she had my youngest brother at 41 something that is so normal now was really odd and rare back then but she loved being a mom(she was the oldest mom of all my friends and classmates but also had such patience and always made us laugh, we always feel so loved and she still does!

I found a pic of her that was taken when I was 2 and she was pregnant with my other brother … I think she was and still is so beautiful inside and out and well I wanted to share this with you all and ask for prayers to keep her safe and well.

We are going to the neurologist next week to evaluate for dementia 😔… her mom had Alzheimer’s and she has been repeating things lately and as if she hadn’t just said it so we want to be proactive🙏🏻
    (Her mom lived with us thru the worst of the disease and it wrecked us she was as such another lovely soul and it’s so unfair and heartbreaking to all those dealing with it and their family and supporters)

This is a chick who had breast cancer at 80 and beat it 🥰 so we are all hopeful still a little extra prayers or positive thoughts couldn’t hurt right?!

I know this is hella long so sorry whole heartedly Thank you for letting me interrupt your regularly scheduled shenanigans and for your kindness…. It’s been a really rough year for me as some of you know and I am anxious and scared…::…and well here’s my sweet mom who was rockin her flip cut back in 1970😍
    ths78v0jdcum.jpeg

Thank you for sharing. What an amazing lady.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member

ths78v0jdcum.jpeg

❤️🤗

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,060 Member
    These quotes 😂
    That last one was intentional 🤣

😑
  • kinetixtrainer2
    RaquelFit2 wrote: »
    Where do people meet people in real life? Like, not romantically though not not romantically, but just you know meeting people. I tried an art class and the vibe was pretentious. I tried a hiking club and the vibe was strident. I liked my old gym but the coach no longer coaches because he’s busy with his new tattoo business. When I worked in retail that was way too many people but now I hardly deal with people at all and it’s getting a little isolating. Maybe I should go back to school.

May I suggest a career in law enforcement. We have an opening 👮🏻

Thank you for your service. 🌷🌷🌷

Thank you! 🤗
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2022
    These quotes 😂

😑
    🤷‍♀️ 😁
    Also, thank you for your service 👮‍♂️
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    Where do people meet people in real life? Like, not romantically though not not romantically, but just you know meeting people. I tried an art class and the vibe was pretentious. I tried a hiking club and the vibe was strident. I liked my old gym but the coach no longer coaches because he’s busy with his new tattoo business. When I worked in retail that was way too many people but now I hardly deal with people at all and it’s getting a little isolating. Maybe I should go back to school.

So many words and not a single one appropriate

You will meet loads of people every 12 hour shift you work. You can look forward to the luxury of switching from days to nights every two weeks. Different people come out at different hours. The options are limitless.

Overworked and underpaid?
    Maybe consider a small suburb in OK coz the cops here have their own little kingdom. 😂

So could I be King? 🤔

You could.
    I’m not being sarcastic, the police department in my community is much loved by it’s citizens and we shell out the $.
    New station, new cars, new military grade equipment etc..
    We are ready. 😀❤️

• kinetixtrainer2
    These quotes 😂

😑
    🤷‍♀️ 😁
    Also, thank you for your service 👮‍♂️

Also, thank you! 🤗
  • kinetixtrainer2

You will meet loads of people every 12 hour shift you work. You can look forward to the luxury of switching from days to nights every two weeks. Different people come out at different hours. The options are limitless.

Maybe consider a small suburb in OK coz the cops here have their own little kingdom. 😂

So could I be King? 🤔

You could.
    I’m not being sarcastic, the police department in my community is much loved by it’s citizens and we shell out the $.
    We are ready. 😀❤️

Tell them you know a guy
  • Tinydancer2pt0
    Tinydancer2pt0 Posts: 58 Member

Aww.. Happy birthday to mum 🤗😙🥰 I knew she was an awesome, amazing woman.. she raised you 🥰💜

Love you sweet girl!! ❤️❤️❤️
    You and me amirite😉😘. I hope you know another amazing woman and mom… yup ….YOU! 🫶🥰🤗….one day at a time babe💜💜💜💜I got you any and every time 😘

Aww she's beautiful
    I hope all goes well at the neurologist. My Nana has Alzheimer's it's so not fun, as we were clearing out our house we found the doctor's report about her cognition....it was sad to read

Apparently a lot of seniors have suffered dementia like issues and it's just from under stimulation from the pandemic so fingers crossed it's simply that. Or I've heard heart conditions can cause this too. Good luck neurologist appointments are never fun (ok unless they were to my mom's after her brain surgery when the cute spanish guy was programing her brain implants)

((((((Ali)))))) not me you lol ❤️😘

Thank you so much beautiful, I’m sorry about your Nana … I know how hard that is… it’s so important to give them dignity and as much independence as possible but still needing to protect them….🙏🏻Give us strength ❤️❤️❤️

Aaaaand thanks for making me lol about cute Spanish programmer guys being a perk because well duh!🙄😍😂😂😘🌷❤️
    💜/quote]

Thank you for sharing. What an amazing lady.

Thank you for being so kind my friend … I think you’re pretty hilarious btw, so thanks for making me giggle snort a lot ….it ain’t pretty but I enjoy it!! 😉😎🤘❤️
    Hugs!
    💜 li

❤️🤗
    😘❤️

I hope you know I adore you girl and thank you for being you babe, and so sweet….She would get a kick out of your sass bella! I sure af do! 😏😉❤️🤗❤️🌷

And thanks to for reading that novel 🫣. I was in a mood today and I got carried away because I’m a sentimental fool who loves her mama!!!! 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄😉😍❤️
  • kinetixtrainer2

Thank you for your service. 🌷🌷🌷

Thank you! 🤗

No, thank YOU for your service 😏🤗

😏 YOU are more than welcome. Thank you
    😅

• RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member

So could I be King? 🤔

You could.
    We are ready. 😀❤️

That's great to hear!

• nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 433 Member
    The vanilla ice cream cones from McDonalds hit the the spot. SMH gawd who invented this stuff 🤤

• FeastRepeat
    You remember that Tom Cruise movie where he did not sprint like his *kitten* was on fire? Me neither.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    You remember that Tom Cruise movie where he did not sprint like his *kitten* was on fire? Me neither.
    I like that movie where he plays that cocky charming underdog
  • FeastRepeat
    I like that movie where he plays that cocky charming underdog

That one is a classic
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member

So could I be King? 🤔

You could.
    We are ready. 😀❤️

That's great to hear!

Yep, I love my state.
    One of those insignificant flyover states in the middle and we know
    what we want and we think for ourselves.
    We also have an awesome governor. ❤️