Hello

Just joined up for some weight loss support. I am on a health mission to lose 50 pounds in 2 months. This is to save my life and job. This will be very hard so hoping for all the encouragement I can get. Thank you

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Hello and welcome - that is an extremely aggressive goal. How much weight do you have to lose in total? What's your calorie goal for the day? What does your eating and workout plan look like?
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    It sounds like the linkage of goals, timing and consequences in your statement that you must lose 50 lbs in 2 months to save your life and your job might have been stated that way for emphasis? I cant imagine any dr telling you you must lose 50 lbs in 2 months, and if a workplace tells you that, you probably have a strong employment law violation claim against them.
    A lot of us have big, eye-opening moments that bring us here and get us motivated, and it sounds like maybe that is what is going on for you too? Can you give a few more details so perhaps people who have been through similar crises can help you think through the best approach to get healthy in a manageable way while dealing with whatever precipitated the realization that you need to? There are a lot of sympathetic people with experience losing weight and staying healthy here wishing you well.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Like the others, I'd like to understand more about why that needs to be the goal.

Normally, trying to lose 25 pounds a month would be very extreme, significantly health-risking, unless well over 600 pounds to start, and under very close medical supervision (like weekly checkups with regular blood tests and such).

Losing 50 pounds in 60 days would require eating 4200 calories fewer (on average) every day than you burn via movement (job, home chores, exercise, etc.). Most of our routine lives only burn 2000-3000-ish calories (maybe less, for short or older and inactive women).

A 4200 calorie daily deficit would mean either eating literally nothing and burning 1200-2200 calories via extra movement - a huge and probably punitive amount of exercise even while getting some decent food/fuel, unless a person is an elite athlete already. This is why everyone who's responded is concerned about you.

We'd like to help, for sure - but it would help us help you if you could tell us more.