Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
edited September 2022 in Social Groups
kz8wwkmjoilj.png
Here is your Team chat room for August 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open! let your Captains know if you are interested :smiley:
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The August challenge runs from July 31 - September 3. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Hi! For the challenge, do we all post our weight on Aug 1st for our starting weight, or just on our designated weigh in day?
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 170 lb
    CW (Current Weight): 143 lb

My goal for this challenge is 139, but my ultimate goal weight is 125, with maintenance +- 3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @happysquidmuffin If you already gave @broncobuddee your initial starting weight, you just post your weight on your designated weigh-in day. Each new month, everything rolls over so you just post on your weigh-in day every month. No need to re-sign up, either.

Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband and cute one-eyed pirate pug. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I am on WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) and I track all of my food and activity in the WW app. I have lost about 17 lbs and have another 65 lbs to go. For exercise, I like to walk and talk with friends as well as hike but I don't hike much anymore. I've also recently started using our Tonal (www.tonal.com) and I love that. I was using it really consistently and seeing results but then I got COVID and now that I have pretty much recovered, I need to get back to it. Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    @Cornanda Congrats on the loss! Why is this week going to be a S****show? Because you are working all weekend and things are busy? Yay for camp coffee! LOL Congrats on 2nd place at the lip sync battle! What song did you lip sync? I think margaritas after work is a fine idea lol.

@bgame4 LOL! Well maybe one day you sneak it in. :D

@19shmoo69 Don't forget I firmly plant my flag on Team Coffee! ;)

@tupsundus I'm glad you had a good time on your holiday! That's a minor gain for a 3-week vacation, I'd call that a win!

@krea4 Welcome back!

@TeresaW1020 I know, me too! I'm out and need to refill. That's a beautiful puzzle, congrats on finishing it! I don't know if I would have had the patience lol.

@happysquidmuffin Hi and welcome to the team!

@cybernurse251 Welcome to the Slimpossibles! You've got this!

@askewcr Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I had a slight gain this week boo but not surprising because I haven't been doing the work. I will put in an effort this week, I plan to get back on the Tonal on Monday, possibly Sunday. Have a great Saturday and here's a little meme to go with our coffee discussion, it sums up how I feel lol.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

wc2y2l4nv0mr.jpg
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    My name is Alicia. I’ve got 2 kids, 4 and 3. Married 6 years in August. Been overweight most of my adult life. Into obese territory for a year or so, before and in between having kids. I’m 35 so there is plenty of time to turn it around and get fit. (You’re NEVER too old though!!)
    I enjoy jogging on the mornings I don’t work with one of my little sisters, who lives only about 1/2 mile away. I’m 5’3” and only a few pounds away from the top of Normal, vs Overweight according to BMI. I’ve been calorie counting on and off for a long time, on this time for basically since my son was born. I did some challenges on MFP years ago, and it was pretty fun. I finally decided to start lurking the boards again and came across this group. I’m ready to never be overweight again! Maybe this will give me the push I need to get out of my plateau and lose the last 20 lb. I just wanna be the skinny hot mom, lol.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    Hey y'all! The Aug Week 1 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 31st. Hope you'll join us for Creative Home Workouts!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10870487/aug-week-1-group-challenge-creative-home-workouts#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi Team,
    My name is Kathryn I'm 62 years old, I live in Southern CA. I have 7 fur babies and a loving husband. I am challenged in life with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and other things. I have lost 95 pounds. I started at an all-time high of 245 pounds. I'm doing really well with MFP, counting calories and planning what I will eat each day with the occasional eating over by 100 calories now and then. Mostly on loaded baked potato day.

My goals for 2022 are:
    ♥ Plan what I will eat each morning and track everything I eat. I do this faithfully every day. I'm one of those people who will always need to track and weigh my food. I'm Okay with that, there is nothing wrong if that is what it takes to keep the weight off.
    ♥ Drink 6 glasses of water a day. I'm keeping up with this goal.
    ♥ Read 1 book a month. I have exceeded this goal.
    ♥ Clean out my closet by March 1st. I just cleaned out my closet a second time yesterday. I'm happy being a medium and that is where I want to stay.
    ♥ Reach my goal weight by August 1st, 2022, I have changed this goal to 12-31-2022 I have less than 10 pounds to go and it comes off slower the closer I get to goal weight.
    ♥ Walk 3000 steps a day. I'm behind on this due to back pain and a flare, under by about 400 steps a day.
    ♥ Try 1 new recipe a month. I'm deleting this goal, until after I reach goal weight. I did look at a recipe book today, and there is a couple of recipes I would like to try. I like that the book I bought now includes calories per servings.

My phrase for the year: “I got this!” I wear a bracelet that says: "She believed she could, so she did!"
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,070 Member
    I've been posting in the July thread. Lol. I'll post a bio tomorrow.
    @trooworld I'll not forget your tribute!

Nice cup of coffee
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,070 Member
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    Week 1
    P. W. 287
    C. W. 278

I'm not sure how I was supposed to start. Was I to use the weight I signed up with or what I showed today?
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

Hello! My name is Teresa! I live in Athens, GA with my wonderful husband, our little diva dog, Maggie Mae, and my mom and sister. Yeah, it’s a houseful! :grin: I have a wonderful job working for my small church as their ministry assistant. I feel like I’ve been battling my weight since I could walk! I lost almost 80 lbs. a few months ago but my husband’s ongoing health issues put a lot of stress on me, and I gained back over 20 lbs. I’m back on the weight loss train and a couple of weeks ago my sister and I joined a support weight loss group called TOPS. I’ve done a ton of diets and mostly find that a combination of intermittent fasting and low carb works the best for me. I also to Beachbody on Demand workout programs for both the health and emotional benefits it gives me. I’m thankful for this wonderful group who support and uplift each other every day. For all you new members, I hope you feel very welcome and like you have found a real community to be a part of.
  • trooworld
    @happysquidmuffin No, never too old! I wish you luck on your journey, I hope you've got this!

@FushiaKat I love your bracelet saying. And of course your phrase of the year!

@19shmoo69 I think if you joined in August, you would start with what you showed today but @broncobuddee, can you confirm?

Hello all. I had a nice, successful day yesterday. Except I didn't track. But food-wise, it was good. I may or may not do meal prep today: I hope to, but I've got to do some other things first. We ordered food delivery last night, we ordered poke bowls (mine with lettuce instead of rice). I consider it a healthier choice considering what I could have gotten.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi Team!

I am so excited to get started with all of you! My name is Leti and I live in Connecticut with my husband and fur baby Bailey. I’m a first grade teacher so currently still on summer vacation! This summer I hit an all time high with weight and I’m ready to retake control. Last school year was difficult, I had a really hard group of kiddos and coming back from pandemic learning wasn’t easy. I’ve done several programs and lost weight before but have currently gained it all back and some! I don’t yet have an exact ultimate weight loss goal but my goals for August are to loose at least 5 pounds and build a routine for meal prepping, water intake and exercise that I can stick with once school starts up again.
    I look forward to getting to know you all 💕
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    *BEGINNING WEIGHT: 206.8*
    Weigh in Day will be Mondays
    Heaviest Weight: 211
    Current Weight: 206.8
    Goal Weight: 138

After hitting my goal weight and maintaining for the first time since my first got pregnant at 17, Covid kickstarted my weight gain, life kept it going 😵‍💫

I am very excited to be here!!! I tend to type novels when I post had to cut this intro in two… I’ll try to refrain after this…

I am Shauna, 39 year old mom of two, youngest just graduated high school this year. He still lives at home but I’m dealing with major emotions and life changes. That’s my babie y’all 😭😭😭 ….. anyways. My husband is an over the road Heavy Hauler, I have always taken trips with him when obligations at home would allow. For years I was excited to be able to go with him without any restrictions, now he hates his job and the travel aspect isn’t as great as it used to be. I have been hiking every chance I get for the past 3 years. You will see that will be a frequent exercise and topic of my posts! I got tired of being so close to so many places and not getting to actually experience them! 🤷🏻‍♀️ We both have always lived in Oklahoma but we travel west 98% of the time and just purchases a little piece of land in Arizona. Its just a patch of completely undeveloped land so home will stay OK for awhile! 🥰
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    My goals have been fairly the same for quite awhile now, I just haven’t been putting forth the effort of hitting them. Right now I just want to get back into the habit of logging and start being consistent again.

💧 Water - 14 cups
    👟 Steps - 10,000
    🥗 Calories - under 1,400
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise - 30 minutes minimum
    ⌚️ Close watch rings!
    ⭕️ Move Ring is 600 calories burned
    🔘 Stand Ring is 1 minute if standing through each hour/12 hours of the day
    🟢(Exercise ring is set for 30 minutes a day so that is also covered)

I track my water on an app that lets you log all liquids and it calculates what percentage is water!

I’m an Apple Watch user obviously, so if anyone is interested in being watch buddies we can compete and push each other forward. I’m shooting for a perfect month 😁

I’ve had several comment my calories are too low, this is what MFP suggested for my stats and I just left it, I always eat back exercise calories so that total will almost always be higher in my diary if anyone is a friend or cares. ☺️

Major hurdle right now is… I’ve been low carb for the past 3 years. Transitioning back to counting carbs and then learning how to tweak my macros will take some time but for now I just have to be consistent with logging.

I’m happy to get to know and encourage you all!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ih64hdip6ro1.png
    y6x7eiuiewns.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ape4sgbaaoud.png

By Pounds
    911haseqv1uv.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    ey532emsb5h5.png

By Pounds
    5s10vgij0t39.png
    j99108deltmo.png

Team Winners
    wkyxrrqljvug.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

9st1we9uxxfz.png
    8ikwia8kvr3u.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    zdjtmebmobhc.png

By Pounds
    sgirye116uax.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    l9ys7ossojga.png

By Pounds
    pyvak268kdnn.png
    kby83d6hl3fn.png
    1s7yiamu25f4.png

Team Winners
    2zp72tdt8ebp.png
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Quick question! I noticed on the spreadsheet that there is a section for step challenges, how/when do we report that? Thanks
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Kathy, the team motivator for Slimpossibles. I've been part of this group for over three years now, so happy we have each other in the best group on MFP! I'm 50 and live with my two cats in the Sacramento area in CA. I'm disabled and have multiple chronic pain/health issues I've been dealing with for a long time such as CRPS, failed back surgery syndrome, nerve damage, then have diabetes and liver issues that are currently in remission. I do part-time work helping my brother then volunteer at the food bank farm and am on the board of a local charity that helps disabled and the elderly as well as running various events, our first salsa competition to raise money for us is in less than 2 weeks so I need to get good at making salsa fast! I'm pretty much at goal weight and do chair cardio, weights, and stretching every day. I like to garden, read, cook, and just started going to concerts again after a few decades of not going and am trying to figure out how to do the things I enjoy physically without making my pain too unbearable.

Let's slay August, woohoo!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    Way to go team on 3rd place!

@FushiaKat @lindaprofota @Divya365 congratulations!

• deevan451
    deevan451 Posts: 5 Member

Weigh In Day: Sunday Jul 31, 2022
    PW (Previous Weight): 190.1
    CW (Current Weight): 190.1
    (this is my first weigh in)

Hello , this is my first weigh in.
    My goals for this month are
    30 minutes walking / day +
    one of the followup upper body exercises in rotation (17 pullups, 40 pushups, or 25 overhead press)
    all of the lower body exercises (40 body weight squats, 21 deadlifts, 21 side leg lift)
    1 day/week as a rest day.

and my goal is 2000 calories per day including 3 tsp Psyllium husk
    I didn't track anything today. I will start in earnest tomorrow.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,877 Member
    I missed final weigh-in for July...
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday July 30
    PW (Previous Weight): 129.0
    CW (Current Weight): 129.8
This discussion has been closed.