Struggling with weight

Options
Loveedove1
Loveedove1 Posts: 40 Member
edited August 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey so I've been battling my weight since 18 years old. I am 29 now. I have been fit, fat and everything in between. Im 60 lbs overweight now. I just want to be thin and healthy for me and my child's sake. Idk why it's so hard for me to maintain a consistent healthy weight when it was so easy when I was young. Ive lost 45 pounds but stuck at 195. Im.5 ft 8 btw..Any insight or advice welcome

Replies

• Loveedove1
    Options
    ?
  • Loveedove1
    Options
    I think I'm starting to realize it's an emotional eating problem. Logically I know I need to eat 1500 cals and to exercise. I think I've been overcomplicating it. Might need to see a therapist instead of posting on MFP lol thx anyway.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Loveedove1 wrote: »
    I think I'm starting to realize it's an emotional eating problem. Logically I know I need to eat 1500 cals and to exercise. I think I've been overcomplicating it. Might need to see a therapist instead of posting on MFP lol thx anyway.

I didn't mean to sound unhelpful, but it insights or advice will vary depending on what your specific issue is (which wasn't specified in your OP) so it was hard to give advice.
    Therapy is certainly what we would recommend for emotional eating issues, but that doesn't mean you can't post here too 🙂
  • lynz2137
    lynz2137 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the scale. Work on healthy macros and building strength. Everything will work itself out. I use liquid collagen as well.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options

First of all, Congratulations on losing 45lbs. That's a great accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself for that.

Are you familiar with the Hunger/Fullness scale? I've recently discovered it and think it's a great tool to help pause before eating and ask yourself if you are eating for hunger or for something else. It also has guidelines on when to stop eating. I've realized that I often eat past the point of need & I'm learning to slow down, be mindful and push away the dinner plate before I'm stuffed. My hope is this will stick with me after I lose the weight and help keep it off.

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Excellent post, @opalle