What's on your mind?

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,080 Member
    an old muscle guy at the gym holding court telling some starry eyed dreamers how bad vegetables are.

They need to shut down the internet yesterday.

It was terrible. For half a second I almost gave a *kitten*

It’s not just the older cats that do this. Some of the worst are the newbs that have been lifting half way correct for a year, make those first year gains and they think they have it all figured out.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    an old muscle guy at the gym holding court telling some starry eyed dreamers how bad vegetables are.

It’s not just the older cats that do this. Some of the worst are the newbs that have been lifting half way correct for a year, make those first year gains and they think they have it all figured out.

Yes. And I’ve seen some weird practices. I always have to stop myself from judging because it’s possible somebody is doing a modification for a very specific purpose and it’s possible they have some cutting edge information that I am not aware of yet but mostly I just think they’re crazy.

• nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 443 Member
    edited August 2022
    Ok muscle people.
    I need to tone my arms no joke anymore I have to look fire in this bridesmaid dress.

I got a year.

02k990tji49i.jpeg

There ya go. Chop chop. 😎

Thanks doll.

Now I have to figure what all this means. Tricep pushDOWNS. Isn't it push ups lol. Will Google. Is this what you do?

586vri9erww0.jpeg

Here’s the whole thing in case you’re genuinely interested.
    Thank you.
    Appreciate this because I need to be told what to do like this otherwise I feel overwhelmed and confused trying to figure it out myself. Yes I have a gym membership I don't go hard though. Just cardio mostly. I don't have a routine.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited August 2022
    If it’s true that you do not rise to the level of your goals but fall to the level of your systems (James Clear, Atomic Habits) then the main reason I struggled with health and fitness during lockdown is not because I no longer wanted it enough but because the system I had put in place fell apart and I wasn’t quick enough in implementing a new one.

And looking back further than that every time there was a blip or a glitch in my positive habits it was because there was some sort of lifestyle change that may have been outside my control, but which I did not recognize and account for.

It’s funny because I know how to do this in the day to day. If the weather is *kitten* and I can’t ride my bike I can quickly adapt and do an at home workout or go to the gym. If we’re out of the ingredients for one healthy dish I can make a different one on the fly. But these a long, big life shifts have inexplicably been not so obvious to me.

So zig when life zags?

Eta: I don’t want to discount depression and lack of motivation either. Those definitely play a role
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    If it’s true that you do not rise to the level of your goals but fall to the level of your systems (James Clear, Atomic Habits) then the main reason I struggled with health and fitness during lockdown is not because I no longer wanted it enough but because the system I had put in place fell apart and I wasn’t quick enough in implementing a new one.

And looking back further than that every time there was a blip or a glitch in my positive habits it was because there was some sort of lifestyle change that may have been outside my control, but which I did not recognize and account for.

It’s funny because I know how to do this in the day to day. If the weather is *kitten* and I can’t ride my bike I can quickly adapt and do an at home workout or go to the gym. If we’re out of the ingredients for one healthy dish I can make a different one on the fly. But these a long, big life shifts have inexplicably been not so obvious to me.

So zig when life zags?

Eta: I don’t want to discount depression and lack of motivation either. Those definitely play a role

I fell off my fitness during COVID for the exact same reason. I was on cruise control for years with staying fit… until my system fell. Also some depression too. Interesting and valuable lesson learned.
  • TwitchyMagee

So zig when life zags?

I fell off my fitness during COVID for the exact same reason. I was on cruise control for years
    with staying fit… until my system fell. Also some depression too. Interesting and valuable lesson
    learned.
    It’s comforting to be in such a good company

• kinetixtrainer2

Yes. And I’ve seen some weird practices. I always have to stop myself from judging because it’s possible somebody is doing a modification for a very specific purpose and it’s possible they have some cutting edge information that I am not aware of yet but mostly I just think they’re crazy.

Same, I just ignore them unless they ask.

• FeastRepeat
    The US: China said what? Hold my beer.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Ok muscle people.
    I need to tone my arms no joke anymore I have to look fire in this bridesmaid dress.

I got a year.

02k990tji49i.jpeg

There ya go. Chop chop. 😎

Thanks doll.

Now I have to figure what all this means. Tricep pushDOWNS. Isn't it push ups lol. Will Google. Is this what you do?

586vri9erww0.jpeg

Here’s the whole thing in case you’re genuinely interested.
    Thank you.
    Appreciate this because I need to be told what to do like this otherwise I feel overwhelmed and confused trying to figure it out myself. Yes I have a gym membership I don't go hard though. Just cardio mostly. I don't have a routine.

You’re welcome. This one is fairly basic in my opinion. If you’re in a gym you should be able to google any of these and be good to go. The con of this routine is that you’re only hitting the muscle directly one day per week.
  • TwitchyMagee
    My bestie & I no longer send each other jokes. We just send the punchlines because we’ve heard them all.
  • FeastRepeat
    My bestie & I no longer send each other jokes. We just send the punchlines because we’ve heard them all.

I don't even know her! *raucous laughter*
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited August 2022

🤣
    b2qxguf2czjb.jpeg
  • FeastRepeat

🤣
    b2qxguf2czjb.jpeg

Loop me into this text group. LOL
  • TwitchyMagee
    Also
    I forgot that months ago, in a moment of seize-the-day optimism, I volunteered to be part of a steering committee for fitness and they just emailed me with meeting dates and tbh I’m not even sure what a steering committee is. Do I need to memorize Robert’s rules or learn how to take dictation?
  • FeastRepeat
    Also
    I forgot that months ago, in a moment of seize-the-day optimism, I volunteered to be part of a steering committee for fitness and they just emailed me with meeting dates and tbh I’m not even sure what a steering committee is. Do I need to memorize Robert’s rules or learn how to take dictation?

I think cowboys form steer..ing.. committees. I will see myself out with that dad joke.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Also

I think cowboys form steer..ing.. committees. I will see myself out with that dad joke.

It’s a good thing you’re cute. Just saying
  • FeastRepeat
    Also

It’s a good thing you’re cute. Just saying

"cuteness is all that matters in this life" - Gandhi
  • TwitchyMagee
    tams_89 wrote: »
    I am being strict on my calories this week and all I can think about is Chinese food 🤤
    Shrimp in garlic sauce 🤤
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    Saw something about cowboys 👀
  • TwitchyMagee
    Llamas in pajamas