Progress Reports

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Very belated May reports (Sorry guys though I had posted this up already)

wdll6362fe9r.png
    njsz2xz5l64o.png

Congrats to @88AViva and @Dante_80 joint biggest losers for this month!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    cq48er1if8th.png
    9oia49yxjcy2.png

@Dante_80 you continue to put the rest of us to shame. Well done!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    o27abd4cob2w.png
    6c01ugamwbed.png

Losses all around this month. Massive congratulations @Dante_80 for hitting your goal!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Slightly different reporting going forward: May 2023

3xuqb4uhnjhq.png

o2acx91ymn5v.png
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I like the new chart. Visual data is a powerful thing.

Watch my curve bend....down down down!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I have had to take some liberties with the "last month" amounts for some of the newer posters as not all will have had previous month posts, however you keep it up that will normalise from next month.

y8u1pckan6ka.png

95uanq0uljmt.png
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I have had to take some liberties with the "last month" amounts for some of the newer posters as not all will have had previous month posts, however you keep it up that will normalise from next month.

So nice of you @tinkerbellang83.

This seems like a good crew: @LenGray, @raenright, @Sandie2102, @setaylor86080, @Sugarnspice1922, @susanjoines2144, and coming soon @ikalujny
  • ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Here's my data for the dates above (thanks mfp and zepp):

03/07/2023: 226.19
    10/07/2023: 218.91
    17/07/2023: 217.37
    24/07/2023: 212.08
    31/07/2023: 208.5573

If you back fill me in it would be great :hushed:

Thanks!!
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Thanks @tinkerbellang83! It's really nice of you to take the time to make this :) I can't wait to see how everyone progresses this month! ^_^
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you @tinkerbellang83. It will be good to see the progress over the coming months
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Results for August

bns78w4a7tub.png
    66x58z0w0kox.png

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    September Stats (28 Aug - 1st Oct) !
    99n8cgwddmq4.png
    pay41h7ua91a.png
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    @ikalujny you are an inspiration. @shawnstevennelson1988 and @Sugarnspice1922 are making good progress too. Congrats!
  • ikalujny
    Options
    Thanks!!

I'm willing to support everyone who needs a way to do it. Basically its 3 steps:

1) you keep a tight log on whatever you eat, down to sugar free drinks and ketchup over your meat.
    2) you make sure your intake is lower than your expenditure by a good 25% margin
    3) (Somewhat optional but very useful) Exercise!!

There's literally no way you don't loose weight following these rules.
  • ikalujny
    Options
    personally Im rooting for Setaylor guy
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    ikalujny wrote: »
    Thanks!!

I'm willing to support everyone who needs a way to do it. Basically its 3 steps:

1) you keep a tight log on whatever you eat, down to sugar free drinks and ketchup over your meat.
    2) you make sure your intake is lower than your expenditure by a good 25% margin
    3) (Somewhat optional but very useful) Exercise!!

There's literally no way you don't loose weight following these rules.

I stopped logging my food, I actually find it detrimental and I am losing weight just fine without it but I like the general accountability here. I can see from my trendweight what my average calorie deficit is and just adjust my portion sizes if it starts to creep up outside of expected hormonal/carb related water swings. I think it's important to bear in mind there is a huge psychological element to weight loss and you don't necessarily need to log food to ensure you are in a deficit, it's one of many tools that work.

Curious as to why you would need to log zero calorie sugar-free drinks? They have negligible calories (Max permitted is 5 calories to be labeled as zero calories) so aren't going to have any great impact on your trend unless you are drinking them in extreme quantities.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I think it's important to bear in mind there is a huge psychological element to weight loss

This is the great unexplored aspect of maintainers and really all of us.

I've lost weight and gotten to a 'goal weight.' I really liked being at that weight and my body felt good. Then I blew up.

Why do humans choose to stop doing something that is healthy and feels good? IDK. I expect there are many psychological elements that effect each of us in its own unique ways.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I think it's important to bear in mind there is a huge psychological element to weight loss

I've lost weight and gotten to a 'goal weight.' I really liked being at that weight and my body felt good. Then I blew up.

Why do humans choose to stop doing something that is healthy and feels good? IDK. I expect there are many psychological elements that effect each of us in its own unique ways.

I think the problem for most of us is relying on a method we are unlikely to keep up forever, I have regained my weight twice so I am trying now just to live life more healthily and adjust if my results are not going in the right direction, weighing semo regularly is a habit that has stuck so it seems this might be more of a sustainable route for me.

• ikalujny
    Options

I think the problem for most of us is relying on a method we are unlikely to keep up forever

I think it's exactly it. I'm prepared to log my calorie budget till the end of my time.