~ Sobriety Matters ~

Replies

• AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,176 Member
    @Sinisterbarbie1 - Great points and info!!!!

Well, it sure feels good to get to yoga early, not hung over or as @RubyRed427 would say, “ not a sweater on my tongue!.”😊
  • BeIn2day
    BeIn2day Posts: 1,674 Member
    @Sinisterbarbie1 thanks for taking the time to write all that info and you make a lot of great points. It's really appreciated. 😊🤗

Thanks for your support and words of wisdom and encouragement 🙏
  • BeIn2day
    ksprrmx45fub.jpg
  • BeIn2day
    I hope we haven't lost our friend @Xellercin

I'm on my way home from work. I have a meeting with my councillor arranged for 6pm I can't wait to see her and talk to her ! She is so super helpful and reassuring.
  • BeIn2day
    6rzt58lmwozy.jpg
    Ain't that the truth 😊 🙌 🙌🙌
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 271 Member
    BeIn2day wrote: »
    I hope we haven't lost our friend @Xellercin

I agree. I always had so much respect for her advice.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 271 Member
    edited August 3
    Did not mean to post twice.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Has anyone here been on, or know someone that has tried Antabuse? That's the drug that makes you violently ill if you drink. If you could share your/their experience with that I'd like to hear about it.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 455 Member
    I have never used it, but my colleague’s husband used it whenever my friend left for business trips to be sure he would not be tempted. It worked for them.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Also there is some diet medicine that combines a similar drug that doesn’t make you sick but prevents you from having pleasurable feelings from alcohol with something else diet related- i think it is called contrave? And it is supposed to help with all sorts of cravings. I can’t remember the name of that other drug, but it is my understanding that a lot of treatment programs both in patient and outpatient require you to take both antabuse and this other craving preventing drug while you are going through the initial months of sobriety.
  • SunnyDays930
    Thank you @joans1976 . I appreciate your input here.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    edited August 5
    @joans1976 I used to take topiramate for migraines for years. I don’t recall any particular effect regarding alcohol except that it made champagne taste terrible because it gave me metal mouth particularly with anything sparkly/carbonated. I wonder if that is what you experienced too?
    I think its great that you are participating in discussions wherever you find any useful or interesting information. I often read the less alcohol thread and sometimes post something there as well even though I don’t drink alcohol at all anymore. The group there is definitely very supportive of each other too and I like their gardening, hiking and NA drink comments. You should definitely keep participating here too!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 3,832 Member
    I have experience with Naltraxone and have been on it for over a year. I don't think it is working like it used to. It's supposed to reduce cravings and allow your brain to say "I'm going to stop now " after two drinks for example. I think it works some times and not sometimes.

After doing some research, it says Naltraxone should be combined with therapy (Makes sense).
    And it also says some studies have shown its effectiveness decreases in time.

• Sinisterbarbie1
    edited August 5
    Is it tattoo time?
    And I can’t believe I have to edit to add a congratulations…. I guess I just knew you would do it so am not surprised, but that is no excuse— CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • BeIn2day
    Is it tattoo time?
    And I can’t believe I have to edit to add a congratulations…. I guess I just knew you would do it so am not surprised, but that is no excuse— CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm booked in for 27th August 😬 and THANK YOU 😊
  • SunnyDays930
    WAY TO GO BEIN!!! Love you, Girl! You are so inspiring!!
  • BeIn2day
    WAY TO GO BEIN!!! Love you, Girl! You are so inspiring!!

Love you too J 🤗🤗 so glad that we are on this journey together 💕💜
  • BeIn2day
    sjforcchg8r2.jpg
    Love this reminder. I intend to !!