NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Been doing reflection on July and realised that coming here has become a part of my motivation strategy. It makes me check in and reminds me of where I want to be. I would like to continue to check in each day and note my personal goal for the day.

I struggled to nail down a monthly goal. Obviously I’d like to weigh less but couldn’t decide on a number that would be both realistic as well as desirable. So I guess by end August I just want to weigh less than I do now.

I think really, right now my goal is just to feel good and be in control again.

I will set a specific individual goal for each day as part of my morning routine - one specific thing to achieve or complete that day. It will not always be food or exercise related, but will give me a sense of achievement or progress in whichever aspect of life seems most immediately pressing. I will continue with my chart but it might look a bit different this month.
  • Tamevv
    @trooworld yay for consecutive days of meal tracking 👍

@renaegry Hello!! 👋
  • Tamevv
    I didn’t graze this afternoon! 😁👍 Daughter making dinner so planned something I dislike so won’t be tempted to eat, and made myself a salad with leftover roast pumpkin, spinach, pistachios and feta. Yummo. Dressed in just balsamic and a drizzle of sugar free maple. Still won’t make it under calorie goal, but feel like today is a positive 😊
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,860 Member
    @Tamevv That's great! I never do well with weight or time goals. But that may just be me. I focus on behavioral goals. Thank you! I am trying. Your salad sounds amazing! Congrats on not grazing!

Hi all. I am still tracking 2 meals a day. I am fatigued by the end of my work day but I will keep plugging along. Today is my last day in the office this week, the rest is working from home.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Morning all. August is start to get back on track month with September fully back on track. I hate the first day of eating better. Was starving yesterday.

Yesterday did a morning madness BOD workout and will do another one today. Need to start getting my steps in more been slacking there the last week but I’m still ahead of schedule in my conqueror challenge. Maybe a walk in plan this evening.
  • Tamevv
    Day at home today - yay - except things flaring with extended family = anxiety and sadness which usually leads to food which is dangerous when I’m home alone 😢.

Goal - to eat only “good” foods - will go to Woolies after school drop off and stock up on fruit and veg options so I have no excuses today to reach for biscuits or chocolate. Also will do some exercise but have contractors here so can’t get too skimpy or sweaty.

Yesterday met water goal and specific goal of one portion of sugar free chocolate (no “real” chocolate). Also tracked everything but was over calorie goal.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Afternoon all, I have been trying to catch up at home. My DH and oldest daughter were gone all of July and trying to keep up around here just about did me in. LOL. I hope to get back to “MY’ routine and normal here soon. My eating is out of control and my sleep is not good..change is needed, but can’t seem to do it. I just told God, can you zip my lips togeher. I seem to have no and I mean no self control.
    Glad you get to work from home the rest of the week.

@Tamevv making goals is hard. I struggle with that too…I have a number in my head and I just don’t push for it. I used to…Maybe I am just not seeing the bigger picture these days I think you are on the right track and looking at what we have done and where we want to go is always good, as long as we are honest with ourself..LOL

@renaegry Thats great you are ahead…and a walk sounds great. It’s been so hot here, even walking is no fun. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @renaegry Yes, the first day back is hard. Keep at it, you know it gets easier!

@Tamevv Sorry about the anxiety and sadness. You sound like you have a solid plan. Great job on the goals!

@cbabie I hope you can get back to your routine soon. I've been having trouble sleeping worse than usual, I think because it's been so hot. Even with the air conditioner on.

Hi all. I made it through the on-campus part of my week. I didn't think I could, I have been tired. Since I am working from home the rest of the week, I can sneak in a nap here and there if I need it. ;) I tracked everything yesterday.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Morning all. Never did get to my workout yesterday but did cut grass for an hour getting over 90 zone minutes and my 10K steps in. Today will do the BOD workout and maybe a walk this evening. Depending on Weather really hot and windy today.

Making egg bites later this morning for a nice quick and easy healthy snack
  • Tamevv
    @renaegry Mowing is good 👍. What are zone minutes? Guessing time with heart rate up?

Okay, so when I came on here I was thinking about some fluffy goal that I don’t really have to work at……but your post has prompted me to promise to do some form of dedicated exercise today. Thanks 😊
  • Tamevv
    @trooworld That afternoon fatigue lasted for a couple of weeks for me - first week back after Covid I had a nap each afternoon. Question about when you work from home, how do you manage your food? Do you pack a lunch and snacks as if you were going to work? How do you keep yourself out of the kitchen?

Yay for tracking 👍. I often have issues with tracking dinner, mostly because I don’t use recipes so it’s painful to have to itemise portions of everything. Also because usually by then I know I’m going to be over goal so what’s the point?

I think you’re right about behavioural goals being preferable. I’ll try to focus on the HOW rather than the WHAT.
  • Tamevv
    @cbabie I have been at a pretty low self-control point as well 😔. It’s makes me so angry and frustrated and various other emotions as well, yet I can’t seem to pull out of it. At the end of last term I was doing so well - my life is totally made up of phases and I know this one will pass as well, I just hope it doesn’t take too long.

I have a long day at work today, and often come home craving sugar. I am going to make sure when I get home that I walk THROUGH the kitchen and do a set of strength exercises before anything else when I get home. Hoping that will break the pattern and give me time to refocus before tackling evening food issues 🤞.
  • trooworld
    @renaegry Great job with the yard work!

@Tamevv That's good to know about the afternoon fatigue. For food, every day regardless of whether I am working from home, I eat leftovers from dinner for lunch. When I work from home, it's not packed in an individual container: it's just in a big container altogether usually. I tend to do much better at home rather than at the office, I don't get into as many snacks because I don't buy things I don't want to eat. I snack on fruit and occasionally on crackers and cheese sticks. Oh, I can see why you have trouble tracking dinner, I use recipes so I can add those. There has to be a solution, maybe @theslightedgeforever can come up with a good one. I'm sorry about your long day. How did you do when you got home?

Hi all. I worked out on the Tonal yesterday, it took a lot out of me, I actually fell asleep during a presentation on Zoom yesterday during work! Luckily, my camera and mic were off lol. I can't believe I did that. Today, I have a headache. I am going to try to work out anyway.

@cbabie you doing okay?

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• Tamevv
    edited August 2022
    Howdy, quiet in here lately.

@trooworld I did okay yesterday, ended up having to pick up groceries on the way home (which was a bit of a saga I won’t bother anyone with🙄) so couldn’t bypass the kitchen till I unpacked. Was okay tho cause DH was home so we chatted and kept me distracted. Actually did pretty well all evening till we have a family movie night and all had a big bowl of lollies 🤦‍♀️. Oh well, win some lose some right?

Well done for using the Tonal even tho you’re still recovering. I’ve been fighting off a cold all week but feeling it a bit today, better not be Covid again! Wont test till Monday before work, but I think it’s probably just a head cold. Is enough to give me an excuse to not be doing strenuous exercise 😉. Funny that you fell asleep, I do that often during TV but haven’t yet during a meeting.

I’m the opposite with food - I am much better behaved at work but find it so hard to keep things under control at home. Guessing cause I relax emotionally/mentally when I get home and one thing just leads to another. Hmm, thinking about it like that I really need to find some different way to destress when I walk in. Actually that’s not news, I’ve tried replacement strategies before. Wonder what would work now? Hmm, food for thought…..

Had a lovely morning out with middle child and stocked up on all manner of fruits and veggies. Then did a meal plan which is not low-cal based, but makes me feel more confident going into a new week. I’m looking forward to a few of the meals, and they aren’t super bad or anything, just will try to be conscious of portion sizes. Having a really nice sit in the sun with my daughter right now, just sharing space and chatting occasionally. Happy day 😊
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv Yeah, @theslightedgeforever is on vacation and @cbabie is MIA for a few days, she'll be back soon I'm sure, and so will the others. Yes indeed, win some lose some! I hope you don't have COVID. Yeah, I couldn't believe I fell asleep lol. I'm glad they couldn't see or hear me. At work, there is a cafe and vending machines and of course, the cafe doesn't have anything healthy. That's good you are okay at work. Destressing when you get home: have you tried just sitting quietly with no tv, no distractions, for 5 minutes? Just kind of decompressing? I sometimes meditate but I know that isn't everyone's thing. That's good you did a meal plan. That's always helpful. Sitting in the sun with a loved one sounds wonderful!

Hi all. I gained 2.4 lbs this week. I'm disappointed but not surprised. I wasn't fully on track this week. I'm still sore from my workout on Thursday. I will work out tomorrow, I think. I scheduled a splurge meal tonight: chicken fettuccine alfredo. Since I gained weight this week, I am regretting this choice but I already got the ingredients so I guess I'll make it. I'm getting my hair done today. It desperately needs dyeing, my grays are really showing lol. Have a good day!

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• Tamevv
    Hello! Just a quick check in for my morning. Feeling very head-cold-ey but have done my errands including a short walk to chemist, now about to sit with DH and coffee in the sun. Todays goal is to drink water and ….. dunno what else. More later 👋
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv Sorry about your cold. I hope you feel better soon! Sitting in the sun with your DH and coffee sounds really nice. Enjoy! I need to drink more water today, too.

Hi all. I didn't track anything yesterday. I just didn't do it in the morning (I usually pretrack) and so I didn't end up doing it at all. I will track this morning for today and for as much of yesterday as I can. I don't have much going on today, just going to coffee with a friend of mine. Maybe I'll do some reading. Have a good day!

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• Tamevv
    Morning. Am up early, dressed in exercise clothes and here trying to put off my workout. I’m literally sitting here beside the elliptical putting it off 🤦‍♀️😒
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv Were you able to get on the elliptical? How about you tell yourself you will just do 5 minutes on the elliptical and if you don't want to continue, you can get off? Sometimes that's what I do.

Hi all. I did a Tonal workout yesterday morning. It felt good. It was my 12th workout of a program, the last workout, so now I have to pick a different program to do. It was so hot here that nobody felt like cooking so we ordered take-out Chinese food. I'm sure if I got on the scale today, I'd be up 5 lbs, but luckily I weigh weekly instead of daily.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• Tamevv
    Water, exercise, tracked and came UNDER calorie goal!! Yay for a clean sweep 😁👍

@trooworld yep, that’s often what I tell myself but I always feel good once I get going - it’s just the getting going part that is hard sometimes. Did half an hour today and felt so good afterwards - I always feel good after, and it sets me up for a good day. That said tho, I’m still not sure if I will get up for it tomorrow or not 😏