TEAM: The Belly Flats (August)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! Should you need anything, please post here and your team Captains will answer as soon as possible.

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,185 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday, July 31

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (🤽‍♂️65 min; 🚶‍♂️3.15 mi/65 min; 👣14,442 steps)
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dheliason
    August week 1 (Monday)
    PW: 162.8
    CW: 161.5
  • carenwilson1983
    carenwilson1983 Posts: 204 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Carenwilson1983
    Aug (1-5) Week 1
    Weigh in day: Fri.
    Previous Week's weight: 161.8 lbs
    Todays Weight: 161.8 lbs
  • carenwilson1983
    Options
    Week 1 Aug (1-5)
    Daily Post (Monday 08/01)
    Exercise: Yes (60 Mins. Aerobic )
    Goals/Day/Comments: Keeping a low carb routine and still going strong. Today I did 22/2 intermittent fast. I skipped Breakfast and lunch but still drank 1/2 gallon lemon water. I had a huge dinner:homemade Jamaican Oxtail, rice and kidney peas with sorrel(I still did my carb count and still amazed). I'll continue IF until I reach 150 lbs, afterwards I'll do just 2-3 days per week.
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday, August 1

Exercise: Yes (🧘‍♂️53 min; 💪31 min; 💗17 min; 🤽‍♂️50 min; 🚶‍♂️3 mi/67 min; 👣15,750 steps)
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Strength training (arms) & 2.5 mile walk
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Daily Update - August 1, 2022

Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: elliptical, 15 mins

Wasn’t feeling well in the morning so did a short workout but still pressed Start so it’s a good thing. Ended up feeling better later in the day.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS
    We are going to be running a daily post challenge or MUAC(Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge) Based on another MFP Challenge called the UAC

Participation in this challenge is optional but highly encouraged for the following reasons:
    - Helps to keep your goals in focus daily
    - Motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's defintely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team
    - Many of us who participate and have successfully lost weight, m would all agree that the daily posting MUAC really is the key!

The way it works: 
    #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".
    Our weeks always start on Sunday so we started tracking yesterday. Sunday, July 31st 😉

Your MUAC Posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about how your day went or your goals for the day)

Your Weekly Weigh-In Posts should look like this:
    Krysless2
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    How to make The Biggest Loser Challenge more “user-friendly”
      • Don’t keep losing us!! If you’re here reading this now go ahead and bookmark this thread at the top right of the page; then we will always appear in your “bookmarks”. Once you’re in MFP and have clicked on “Community”, you’re “Bookmarks” will be on the Community’s landing page. You’ll also be able to click your profile picture and find “notifications” from your book marked pages.
      • Want to respond directly to what someone posted? At the bottom of their post click “quote”, scroll down and you’ll see their message prefilled in your text box and you’ll respond below their quotation.
      • Need to get someone’s attention? When you’re typing out your post you can put an @ symbol in front of their username and that will tag the person, they’ll then see a red “notification” when they go to click on their profile picture to get to their bookmarks.
      • Still confused? Its ok! Tag me or better yet! Click on my name next to this post. Go to my profile picture and send me a friend request then you can send me a message or look at my food diary, or just be my friend!

Oh yeah and Welcome!!! 🤗
    • frankwbrown
      Options
      Daily Post: Tuesday, August 2

Calories: Over
      Exercise: Yes (🧘‍♂️53 min; 🚶‍♂️2.85 mi/74 min; 👣8,888 steps)
      Goals/Day/Comments: resting a bit today; just yoga and a walk
    • carenwilson1983
      Options
      Week 1 Aug (1-5)
      Daily Post (Tuesday 08/02)
      Calories: NO
      Exercise: Yes ( 120 Mins. Aerobic )
      Goals/Day/Comments: Keeping a low carb routine and still going strong. I did count throughout the day but our oldest turned 12 today so we took him to Red Lobster. All I had in the day was 1/2 gallon lemon water 1 protein shake and bar. I had a salad at red lobster but we already know they are packed with millions of calories so I just paused.
    • WA_Teacher
      WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
      Options
      Daily Post: Tuesday
      Track:
      Calories:
      Exercise: Strength & 3 mile walk
    • UnicornMermaidMom
      UnicornMermaidMom Posts: 184 Member
      Options
      Hey! I'm new and didn't really understand the daily posts yesterday so here's my first daily. I'm excited to be part of this team!

Daily Post: Tuesday August 2
      Exercise: 24 minutes of Darebee workouts
      Comments: I'm finally getting back on track with water intake so I'm happy about that. Overall I think I had a good day.
    • therealbluenote
      therealbluenote Posts: 1,292 Member
      Options
      @UnicornMermaidMom Welcome! 🌻
      @carenwilson1983 Happy birthday to your son! One more year and he is a teenager! 😳
      @pkg1998 Glad you’re feeling better. 💐
    • pkg1998
      Options

Exercise: Yes (🧘‍♂️53 min; 💪31 min; 💗17 min; 🤽‍♂️50 min; 🚶‍♂️3 mi/67 min; 👣15,750 steps)

Your Monday check-ins are always inspiring.
    • pkg1998
      Options
      Daily Update - August 2, 2022

Track: yes
      Calories: under
      Exercise: elliptical 25 mins, walk to office 15 mins

I work in a chemical plant and we have to park outside the plant. We have the option of a shuttle to get to our office or we can walk. It’s about 1/2 mile walk for me so I try to do it most days but when it’s 80 deg F at 6:30am it’s sometimes hard to do in blue jeans and long sleeve shirt (required attire).
    • pkg1998
      Options
      @Krysless2 Thanks for getting us started this month and providing explanations to the new members. 👏🏻
    • cormierannie
      cormierannie Posts: 4,409 Member
      Options
      cormierannie@ymail.com
      weigh in day wednesday
      pw: 144 pounds
      cw: 144 pounds
    • frankwbrown
      Options
      pkg1998 wrote: »

Your Monday check-ins are always inspiring.

Thank you. Mondays and Wednesdays are my heavy days. I've got years of neglect to make up for, so fitness is my parttime job now! 😀