Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,045 Member
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @19shmoo69 what is your user name over on FitBit? or email?

Username is Darren B.

I got a fail message on my app as well but when I logged onto the website, I saw your request :)

Something I could do is make post in a group and then it could open up the door to friend requests. Just need to figure out which group.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @bethanie0825 Welcome back, it's great to see you with us again! You were our top stepper back in the day!

@Jactop Wow you're real sensitive to sugar too, that's what I tend to notice the biggest flare-ups with as well. I'm so glad you're back with us, I missed you! I'm curious how you do with the diet, keep us updated.

@FushiaKat I'm sorry to hear about your rib, that sounds really uncomfortable. I'm so glad to hear about your tiny shirts especially from your husband! Love you enjoying the new clothes and glad he's being awesome.

Hi gang! I worked out then went to the food bank farm, brought home a ton of basil I need to find uses for which will likely be basil cubes for later use and a lot of pesto. I went to the Old Spaghetti Factory with my brother and nephew (ate way too much) then did Walmart pickup so groceries are taken care of for the week. Not much else going on, toughing out the last few days until the pain clinic to make some medication changes, hopefully it will get me out of this flare-up. Have a great Wednesday
  • deevan451
    deevan451 Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2022
    Aug 2, 2022
    Upper body: :)
    Lower body: :)
    Walking: :)
    Psyllium Husk: :)
    Estimated Calories: 2304 (77 remaining) :)
    I ate 2304 which was excessive, but had a lot of exercise calories as I walked twice.
  • tupsundus
    tupsundus Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2022
    Weigh-in day: Tuesday
    PW: 174.4 (79.1 kg)
    CW: 173.9 (78.9 kg)

Argh, it feels so frustratingly hard to get back on track with calorie-counting after a break. I have tried other alternatives (simply writing down what you eat, intuitive eating etc.) before, but nothing has ever worked as effectively for me. So I guess simply have to get my act back together and keep my eyes on the bigger goal. Onwards and downwards! :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning Team! I thought I better do a quick check-in before the day gets started. I have to go up to the church to do a little work and then I'm having lunch with my bestie, who is going to be gone for a month to visit her family. I only lost .6 this week at TOPS but at least it was a loss. :grin: But I do need to be careful, which will be tough because on Friday we are having dinner out with friends and then on Saturday, there is a Sunday school picnic. But it's about balance and making wise choices when eating out and eating at home. I did start a new barre program on Beachbody and think that it's going to be a lot of fun and really challenging. Have a good day! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Congrats to the team for getting 3rd place on the leaderboard! Special shout out to @FushiaKat, @davidji82 @Divya365 and @lindaprofota for making in the top spots!

@leti126 Welcome to the team! I hope you are enjoying your summer vacation.

@shaunarlr83 Hi and welcome! I love to hike, but don't really have a hiking partner right now. Congrats on your land purchase! Great goals.

@deevan451 Hello and welcome to the team! Great goals!

@krea4 @cybernurse251 @Jactop Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 I'm sorry you had an upset stomach. How is it today? I'm glad you had fun on your dates. Basil cubes are a great idea!

@bethanie0825 Great job with your steps.

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss. Ouch about your rib! Yay for your new computer.

@tupsundus Congrats on the loss! It's difficult to get back on track after a break. What I find works for me is to get small goals: track 1 meal a day for a week, then once that is accomplished, track 2 for a week, etc. Good luck!

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss! Sounds like you have some challenges coming up. What is your plan?

Hi all. I am fully back to work now. I also have been semi-tracking: I've tracked 2 meals per day for the past 3 days. Now, I need to get back to exercise!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    edited August 2022
    Tue Aug 2 Steps:11902
    Sun July 31 15277

Yesterday was a good day. I fasted 24hrs and ate a healthy dinner. Exercise was minimal but I’m happy with a nonzero day. I started helping out a cousin who does bridal alterations and we’ve been going crazy since spring. I enjoy the sewing but have to put in an effort to move more. It’s so tempting to sit on my butt all day.

@tupsundus You’re right. It is frustratingly hard to get back on track sometimes. I have the most success if I go back to baby steps. I pick one habit to stick to (for me it’s always no sugar) and keep my focus on that until I have it mastered. Other healthy habits like daily exercise stay in my peripheral vision and I keep adding new habits as I master the previous one.

@FushiaKat congrats on needing the new wardrobe. That’s quite an accomplishment.

@Katmary71 I’m sorry to hear you’re still having so much trouble with pain management but I’m always so impressed with what you manage to accomplish.

The diet is going well so far 🤞
    I have a large garden so never have a shortage of veggies which is helpful. I’m expecting it to be a little more challenging when I can’t walk out my door and pick a salad. I have a motorcycle trip coming up and won’t have room to pack my own food so I’m a little nervous about that. Hopefully by then my cravings will be gone and I can stay on track
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    edited August 2022
    Jactop wrote: »
    Tue Aug 2 Steps:11902
    Sun July 31 15277

Yesterday was a good day. I fasted 24hrs and ate a healthy dinner. Exercise was minimal but I’m happy with a nonzero day. I started helping out a cousin who does bridal alterations and we’ve been going crazy since spring. I enjoy the sewing but have to put in an effort to move more. It’s so tempting to sit on my butt all day.

The diet is going well so far 🤞
    I have a large garden so never have a shortage of veggies which is helpful. I’m expecting it to be a little more challenging when I can’t walk out my door and pick a salad. I have a motorcycle trip coming up and won’t have room to pack my own food so I’m a little nervous about that. Hopefully by then my cravings will be gone and I can stay on track

How do you like fasting? I'm considering trying it again to help with the last pounds. Great about your garden! Next year I'm going to plant lots of veggies.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    Hi Gang,
    I made room on my counter for the electric jar opener today. I just could not get the lid off of the jar of salsa. It works really well and is easy to use. It's just been getting harder and harder for me to open jars.

@Katmary71 I'm really sorry you are still in a flare; I hope the pain clinic can help.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Jactop Great step counts! What a great day you had. I'm jealous of your garden.

@shaunarlr83 Congrats on the loss!

@FushiaKat That was a good idea. I can't open most jars, I have to have my husband open them. Maybe I should get an electric jar opener.

@Katmary71 Good! Thanks, I plan to do SOMETHING today. What that something is? I think it will be the Tonal but I'm not sure yet. It's going to be hot today so we'll see how this goes. :D Enjoy your Thursday!

Hi all. My plan is to work out on our Tonal sometime today. It may be too hot to do it, I'm not sure. I can't work out in the morning when it is cooler because that's my husband's time to work out and only one of us can work out at a time. I tracked everything yesterday, yay!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    edited August 2022

Had a good workout this morning which really shocked me. I usually can’t get through my whole weight routine but did 3 sets and lifted heavier weights than I usually do. I’m wondering if the extra energy means I’m burning fat for fuel (I sure hope so 🤞)

I picked some veggies from my garden today. I even tried beet greens. It was hard to wrap my head around eating something that I’ve always considered compost but they weren’t totally terrible.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @shaunalr83 Sounds like you're making some major changes, I'm glad they're for the better! Yes it does sound like you needed the rest, hope something comes in soon for the job searching. Enjoy that long walk!

@trooworld Did you get to do the tonal? Does your husband use it too?

@Jactop Nice I've heard of really good workouts once burning fat, I hope that's the case but whatever it is congratulations on heavier weights! I don't think I've tried beet greens but I don't care for beets much so don't know if I'd like them, I like most other greens though. Glad they weren't terrible!

Hi everyone, hope you had an amazing Thursday! I slept in late and felt behind this morning but got my workout in, first time getting back to legs with weights since I was flared up and it felt good. The rest of the day was mellow, made a bunch of pesto then went to the charity meeting at a brewery in the next town which was fun. Not much else going on, tomorrow's the pain clinic appointment and I'm not sure what I want to ask for, I'm starting to think I wasn't sleeping because I made myself so nervous about going on my first date in 25 years, I'll see how I sleep tonight. Have a great Friday!
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    username davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:229.2
    CW:228.1
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Hi Slims

I'm Lisa. Live in FL. Married. Young adult kids- 1 lives here, 1 doesn't. Been in this group for a couple of years and love it. Recently went back to work full time- been working part time for over 20 years, so it's a big change for me.

Work has been crazy this week and I have to work again this weekend. My daughter visited and that means I make more "fun" meals. Between the 2, my eating was not good this week and I am surprised I had the small loss I did.

Daughter brought home a 9 week old kitten she is babysitting. I'm not a cat person, but that thing was so stinking cute and definitely lightened the mood after the tough week at work.

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.