Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,660 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

The heat is slowly creeping in. Today was still not to bad with the breeze. Workouts completed, also did an extra walk with Hubby to run a couple of errands. Visited with my friend again today and managed to get a blister while cutting mulberry bushes out of her shrubs. I enjoyed helping her. To bad I can't put that energy into the work around my own yard.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,731 Member
    @Cseguin2 ,,, its so strange, but I enjoy helping others around their place, yet my own though I enjoy it being just so, the FUN isn't there. UGH on the heat creeping back in, it will up here to. NOT in the 100s for most of us (well along the coast and in the mountains) and inland that remains to be seen. But, it'll be in the 90s for them upper 80s for us. I'm hoping it's the LAST TIME, but with the earth warming up, it may continue out of it's norm.

SO SORRY about the blister! Hope you have that pain under control. Do they make special bandages for blisters? I thought I had seen some at one point. Great job helping your friend.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Diane: It is supposed to be nice today but starting tommorrow back to a heat wave
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,262 Member
    Happy and blessed Sunday, also wishing you a great new week. Some humor for the day.
    4kz920f1w0mx.png
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Love the joke!

Today has been a very active day. All planned workouts done and even got in an extra walk to and from the grocery store. Did some laundry and binge watching Bones. Need to still plan my program for TOPS on Tuesday.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 ,,, UGH UGH!! Please drink enough water to be well hydrated. SO SORRY!! We have only 1 more day this week of 87 to 88. After that we are 83 (THANKFULLY) to 78. Soon it'll go down so fast it'll be icy!! WOOHOO!!
    @Kurtize HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! LOVE IT!! Are you familiar with the comedian "Fluffy"? He tells a story of "my friend and I were pulled over for speeding. I was speeding. Do you all know the song COPS? I put that on LOUD!! I look back and he's walking to the beat of the song." Telling him the only time he's ever laughed so hard was hearing another cop saying he had pulled a car over, (it happened it was FLUFFY again!) offering the cop DONUTS if no ticket was given. The cop happily did so.
    @Cseguin2 ,, BUSY DAY!!! Awesome day with quite a bit of activity. Hopefully Tues will show a loss for you!!

Very very day for me, started with congregation meeting, an online convention ,,, that was for 3ish hrs, than went to a BBQ!!! LONG DAY for me!!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,874 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you all have had a great weekend. It is now time to get back to work. I have to work this week. I am hoping it will go by quickly. I want to be able to spend time with my boyfriend right now and I have to work and he has to work. I love spending time with him.

@cormierannie - Glad you have been walking and getting that in every day.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It was great. We moved more of my boyfriends stuff yesterday too. Now to find a place for it all. I think that will be the really hard part. I think we can do it though.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Diane: I do keep hydrated. This week will be another heat wave
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I hope tomorrow's weigh-in is good. But if not no biggie. I have been struggling with my calorie intake. One step at a time.

Today is a warm muggy day. All planned workouts done and was able to increase my sets of core and upper body workout. Shortly after my walk this morning my neighbor messaged me. He went back to the hospital and asked me if I was willing to watch the puppies. Of course I agreed. Not long ago he messaged me to let me know they sent him home. I am glad he is home but still worried about him. Also played cards with Hubby and did some laundry.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, THANKS!! The weekend went very well. Yours? Hopefully work will go by fast during the week. Though of course we'd want to enjoy it.
    @Patti241 ,,, OH Patti,, OH MY!! SO SORRY about the heatwave!! But, so glad you are staying hydrated.
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Nice job on the good workout. Oh I am so sorry your neighbor is going through a difficult time. Its so hard when one comes home, and things don't go as well as one wants. Glad you got to play cards and LOL Laundry is a never ending job.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Good Morning Airport Friends;

I hope your morning is going well. I feel out of sorts this morning. I am not sure why either. Just feel weird. I think things are going well here. It is only day 2 of the week so we will see. I am excited to get today going and get it over with.

@CSEGUIN2 - Glad that he is doing ok enough for them to send him home. I love card games. We played Cards Against Humanity last night. It was very enlightening.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We do want to enjoy it. It is just hard to enjoy when there is so much going on.

Well it is time to get ready or work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Diane: Yeah another week of heat.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,330 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 : my daughter enjoyed the visit to the reference library. i just have one daughter and she is my only child.
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i dropped off some extra food to the local food bank bin at the grocery store close to my place. i like to help whenever i can.
    i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. i will be visiting for a while with my parents today. my daughter will be spending some time with her friends today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,Oh yes, when life gets busy it's get harder to do the things we need to do, even when we really enjoy them. We tend to want what we have that's even better. WELL that's how I am. Hope work went by okay, and as you read this you are smiling hard ,,because though it's an adjustment, it's one you both wish to have. Love is great.
    @Patti241 ,,, UGH UGH UGH!!! Thurs 85 and Sun 86 they are saying. TO MUCH FOR me both of those days. Today was 81 and I know so many of you would love that. For me it was still to much. Come the wintah though when I say "We have a wind chill of -15 this AM and we will not get above 32" you'll likely be happy you don't live up herah. Howevah I LOVE the cold so much more. So much more. LOL I am about to put my winter stuff out on the shelf in front of my door!! My next door neighbor HATES the snowman that covers the door. Its up for the entire winter since it say's LET IT SNOW!! Its non holiday one. I LOVE THAT THING!!! He groans ,, good naturedly at that! I grin inside and TRY to be a little bit sympatric. LOL TRY!
    @Cormierannie,, OOPS I think I mixed you up with Bookienj? That's okay. SORRY! But, glad you have a dear daughter. Hope you enjoyed the visit with your parents. Mine are gone, I wish I had realized how much of a hole tht leaves, I did tell them often how much I loved them. I am glad I did. Sometimes they die earlier on (Mom at 55).
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day overall. Gained 4.75 lbs this week. This has put a little more determination to do better in the air. This week's plan is to keep doing my workouts and to keep my food in check. I can't afford to keep going in the wrong direction. Time to use tough love on myself. Anyways... enough about that. Today also was my first week as co-leader of our TOPS group. It went well although there wasn't very many people there. Learned from my neighbor his issues are from his cancer spreading. Got some exercise done as well.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, SO SORRY about the gain, yeah I need to dig in deeper. I need to redo my "WHY"!! It's slipping out the door for the reasons I first had weeks ago. So much has changed. Dig on down, deep. Hey SUPER CONGRATS on be a co-leader with TOPS!! AWESOME!! I am so very very sorry about your neighbor. Oh shoot, but ,,,, we are here with you.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to do well. I think I need a mental health day from work but I don't want to use any vacation time as I might want to use it with my boyfriend so we can go do something. I am just not sure what I am going to do. I just need to think about it for a while and we will see.

@cormierannie - Have fun with your parents. I hope your daughter has a good time with her friends.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It is something we both want. I am so glad he wants to be here with me. We just have to get his car issue resolved and then things will be ok.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I am not really gaining just not losing either. It has been a tough week. I hope your tops group goes well.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Good morning and cheep cheep everyone!

@CSEGUIN2 It happens to all of us. Put it behind you and move on, today's a new day!

@Tabatha_Cain Maybe plan to do something fun this weekend so you'll get refreshed without taking a day off? We've always done our grocery shopping / dump run / other errands on Saturday and housecleaning on Sunday. Lately I've been trying to make sure that EVERYTHING is done before Sunday so we have the whole day to do something fun. Even if it's just going to a local winery to have a slushy or sangria. Sometimes just sitting with a glass of wine among the vines can renew your spirit. Especially knowing there's no laundry waiting at home. :p

Although lately I'd want to sit inside. I have to laugh at y'all, we've been in the high 90's for several weeks. This week we are getting a break, it's way down in the LOW 90's. Plus the humidity! The last couple of days the windows of my house have had condensation on them. And I keep my AC set at 77 so it's not like it's a refrigerator in here. The minute I step outside my glasses fog up and my hair frizzes. I don't even bother to style it anymore.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
  • Patti241
    Diane: It is going to be in the 90s this week.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,330 Member
    good afternoon everyone! it is a hot and humid day here today. my daughter says hi to everyone. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated. i got in my strength training workout and a walk before it got too hot here. i will be doing some dancing after supper. i am also catching up on some housework tonight, once the sun sets for the day. it will be much cooler then. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.