Being overweight as a kid : under this weight being an adult ?

Options
Hi Everyone !

Excuse my english... I'm french :-)

I can't find an answer anywhere on the internet (even my doctor isn't sure) : After years of 300/350 lbs and a few years more of discipline, I weight now at 41 the exact same weight that I used to ... at 14 (which is still high, 250 lbs)

Is there any study / story about being (and staying) at a lower weight than back in the teenage years ? Body construction, puberty and such...

Thanks for appreciated support !

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of Richard Simmons? He was a super famous fitness trainer in the 80’s. Sweating with the Oldies?

Look him up. He was obese for his child hood/young adult and successfully maintained his loss and preached eat less, move more.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    You sound to be in a frustrating place. I'm wondering if finding a doctor with a Functional or Integrated perspective to medicine might help you. I've been incredibly frustrated by the help available in our NHS in the UK. Its as if the system has to stay in historic times. I've done a simple on line search into your system and fear you are in a possibly worse position than myself.

I found my way to better health after reading American Functional Doctors for ideas. People like Chris Kresser, David Jockers, Josh Axe, there are more Functional/ Integrative Doctors now making medical progression information freely available now. I was tracking down my list of symptoms which included weight. I'm thinking frequent headaches, digestive issues, cyclical you name it, try any or a group of issues. I hope this helps you find a more productive way forward than you have at the moment.

Take great care, just thought cross reference anything you read in blogs if you find any, try to find the information in independent places too, sometimes it gives you ideas to follow up which could ultimately help. All the very best.