PW: 203.8
    CW: 200.4
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 143.9
    CW: IDK

Thank you for the kind words about our beloved dog, Addy. I wish I had better news. Our son had surgery on Tuesday. His recovery has been a hot mess and unfortunately put us back in the hospital on Wednesday night. I don't have access to a scale currently, but I know it is not going to be a good number.
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 194.4
    CW: 196.4
    LTD: 10.6

It's been another difficult week. Our cat, Jake, had surgery on Friday to remove a swollen tooth, which apparently had a cyst behind it. I also learned that cat's can reabsorb their teeth? He had a couple other tooth issues they took care of, along with removing a mass and getting biopsies of the mouth cyst and removed mass. Apparently there's a test they can run with the blood lab panels that predicts whether the cat will have chronic kidney disease within the next 24 months, with 95% accuracy. We've already noticed signs of kidney issues, so while his panel looks good for an old cat, we're starting a prescription kidney diet.

On Tuesday our son (3) had surgery to remove his tonsils, adenoids, and to put tubes in his ears, hopefully helping his speech delay and respiratory issues. He's usually pretty easy going, but has been refusing to drink any fluids, barely touching popsicles or other soft foods, and refusing his oral pain medicine. He'd rather drool than swallow his own saliva. After a day of forcing the medicine and some fluids per the doctors orders (leading to lots of crying, which couldn't have helped his throat), my wife had to take him to the hospital on Wednesday night to get IV fluids (and IV medicine after the nurses couldn't get him to take his medicine either). Our daughter was very jealous of the attention he was getting, but after visiting him yesterday I think she understands the situation.

It doesn't look like they'll discharge him today so I'll be swapping hospital duties with my wife today. Weight gain due to overconsumption at wedding and road trip, and stress eating. I go through times of no appetite, and then am starving and eat junk instead of a protein shake and my normal foods.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,777 Member
    Good morning everyone, and happy friday. I've done good with my workouts and have worked out 3 days in a row. My body hurts so bad lol. My diet hasn't been the best but it's a work in progress. Hopefully I can keep up with my workouts the next few days and then on Wednesday I'm going out of town with a couple friends so they will be lacking then but I should be able to keep up with my diet.
  • angmarie28
    8/3-11,966
    8/4-5,793
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 221.5
    CW: 221.5

I'm such a zero.
  • angmarie28
    Funny how things have a chain reaction, especially bad things. My son's car went to the shop last week, had a cracked radiator, got that fixed but they discovered it had a bad wheel baring, took a week to get the part, got it fixed, he drove off and it started smoking, so back to the shop, they're thinking that he blew a head gasket, so they're going to run a test on that and that's a really expensive fix, then today I noticed that my van is leaking and a freeze, took it into the shop and it needs a new heater core 🤦 so it's a 12 hour fix to fix my son's car in an 8 Hour fixed fix my van. Thank goodness my mom works for the car shopping and get a family discount and with that it'll still cost me about $1500 to fix both our vehicles. 🤦 and my husband's working out of town and wants to bring his rig with him which makes us have no vehicles at home LOL
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 159.2
    CW: 160.4

I'm trying not to get too upset about the uptick. I started an exercise class Monday using cardio, resistance bands and weights. My muscles are still a bit sore. I read an article that when you begin an exercise program, your weight can go up slightly. Exercise stresses the muscle fibers causing small micro tears and inflammation. This can induce water retention as the body tries to heal itself. It should be short- lived so I hope to see a smaller number next Friday.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday Weigh-in
    August week 1
    PW: 228.0
    CW: 227.3 ( lost 0.7 lbs; 0.31%)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Tue 8/2: 9,368
    Wed 8/3: 9,484
    Thu 8/4: 13,195
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    KHill875 wrote: »
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 143.9
    CW: IDK

Thank you for the kind words about our beloved dog, Addy. I wish I had better news. Our son had surgery on Tuesday. His recovery has been a hot mess and unfortunately put us back in the hospital on Wednesday night. I don't have access to a scale currently, but I know it is not going to be a good number.

@KHill875 Weigh in anytime over the weekend and just let me know...we'll get you caught up. Don't worry about it gal...you're doing the most important thing supporting your family and just breathing...just make it through each day. Thinking of you...
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    @kHill875 and @bearchested - I’m so sorry to hear your son is struggling after his surgery. I hope one of the pediatric occupational therapists, physical therapist, or speech-language pathologists, can help him with his swallowing.

I’m sure he’s comforted by your stays with him in the hospital and it’s tough to balance care for your daughter, son, and sick cat. Hang in there and I hope you can call in some respite care to help you get some rest!

Take care and I hope life shifts in a more positive direction soon!
  • bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Bassclef
    Friday weigh in
    PW 188
    CW 189
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    @Angmarie28 - What a week of car trouble. It’s a good thing you can access a family discount on the car repairs — yikes!

@frankwbrown - I’m always inspired by your step count and activity level!

@cre804 - How disappointing that you had to cancel your massage appointment. I hope you and your husband both feel better soon and you still get a chance to treat yourself to a massage. Congratulations on the loss.

@leni1us - I’ve read about the way our bodies need water for muscle repair, too. Good for you keeping a positive attitude and building your fitness level and exercise habit.

Enjoy the weekend, Shape Shifters!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 137.8
    CW 137.8
    LTD 13.2
    Steps
    8/1 13,155
    8/2 13,050
    8/3 11,344
    8/4 15,689
    8/5 15,914
    Good morning Shape Shifters ! It's great to see some new people on here & the returners to the team.My name is Izzy & I live in England with my hubby & 2 adults sons.I have been on MFP on & off for several years as I seem to struggle to maintain my weight & yoyo constantly or stand still like I did this week.
    I am 62 but I have always been very active & enjoy my local gym & pool which is 5 mins walk away from my house.I love dancing & go to a Dance fit class at the gym around 3x a week.Our family is car less so we walk everywhere or rely on public transport.I also like going for walks around my neighbourhood with friends or alone.
    I do like a nice glass or two of Marlborough Sauvigion Blanc,but do try to limit it to weekends only but don't always succeed .
    Thank you for pointing this out to the team @Jessicakrall8 🤪🤪 Haha I forgive you !
    As for how I incorporate it to my food dairy, yes I list it as part of my meals.I know I should plan ahead but usually don't.Luckily I don't often go above my daily allowance.As I'm quite active I usually have some leeway on exercise calories used.

@leni1us I haven't tried any low calorie wines.I can't imagine that they taste the same but maybe I should try some.
    @KHill875 @bearchested I'm so sorry your young Son is having such a hard time after his op.As well as your loss & sick pets,I hope your family has a better time this month.
    @pedal_power your photos look amazing,it looks like you live in a beautiful place.
    @angemarie they say bad things come in threes,hope some good fortune comes your way.At least with your connections it wasn't too pricey !
    Have a good weekend everyone 🥰

• Tiguan26
    Tiguan26 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hi SHAPESHIFTERS! hope you've all had a good week. Today is the day I weigh in.

PW 17ST 10LBS
    CW 17ST 5LBS
  • kateineu
    kateineu Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hi all

I am Katerina and live in France, just outside of Paris. I am new here although have been using MFP on and off for years. Here's my first weigh-in report:

Username: kateineu
    Saturdays
    Previous weight-180 lbs
    Current weight-177.3 lbs
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 135 Member
    edited August 2022
    Username: nancyinmo
    PW: 215
    CW: 217.4

I knew there would be a gain as I just returned from a two week vacation. But I’m feeling positive and ready to get back on track!
This discussion has been closed.