Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Jactop That is great that you were able to lift heavier weights. I challenged myself yesterday with my weights and my arms are dying this morning, but it’s a good kind of dying. :grin:

@Katmary71 I love pesto! Is it hard to make? I usually just buy the jar stuff but I bet homemade is so much better. That’s great that you were able to do a leg workout. I hope your body doesn’t rebel. :)

@shaunarlr83 Wow a four-mile walk is awesome! Is it very hot where you live? B)

@Cornanda Yay for your small loss even though your daughter is visiting! I sure wish I had a kitten to play with. I love them! <3

Good morning! It’s going to be another hot day here in the South. I am so ready for fall to get here! Today I have to take Joe to his cancer center to have his port flushed. Not sure if he will ever get it taken out. The doctor said he might need it one day so we should just leave it in and flush it every 6 weeks. OK! Tonight, we are having dinner with our dear friends (our former pastor and his wife) and we are very much looking forward to seeing and catching up with them. I am going to try to fast until dinner tonight but if it gets too hard, I will have a small protein shake. My weight isn’t budging! OK, I’m off to do a workout. Have a great day! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,786 Member
    @shaunarlr83 I'm sorry about the upheaval but it sounds like it was for the good? It sounds like you definitely needed some good sleep! Great job with all the exercise!

@Jactop Great job with the workout!

@Katmary71 I sure did! Yes, he uses it early in the morning and then I was able to use it at about 7:30 a.m. Congrats on getting a workout in. Have a great Friday, too!

@davidji82 @Cornanda Congrats on the losses!

@Cornanda I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your daughter and the cute kitty cat. Animals always bring up my mood. :D

Hi all. I did workout on the Tonal yesterday and plan to hopefully do it again today if my headache lets up. I'm a bit sore from yesterday's workout but it's a good sore. Happy Friday, everyone!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    @shaunarlr83 sounds like the hiking has been a good escape!

@TeresaW1020 even when the scale doesn’t budge stay motivated! It’s all about building habits.

@trooworld how do you like the Tonal?! They looks super interesting and like a good workout!

Well it’s weigh in day for me!

PW: 171.8
    CW: 167.4
    Also here is my update on steps for the week thus far:
    Monday: 13,186
    Tuesday: 11, 553
    Wednesday: 12,883
    Thursday: 14, 482
    I’m super happy to be getting back on track, I don’t expect big losses like this each week as this was the weight of when I signed up over 2 weeks ago! Anyway happy to be making strides in the right direction!
    I joined a new gym and have been really enjoying some of their class offerings. They also have a movie theater that’s dark and cool and playing movies every day. It has treadmills and ellipticals. You can go in and get lost in a movie while working out, it’s pretty neat! Anyway, hoping to stay consistent with tracking over the weekend. Weekends are my downfall as we like to go out for food and drinks.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone’s progress this week!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Weigh day!

Name - bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 233.8
    CW - 234.2

We went out to a hibachi place for dinner last evening for our anniversary and I'm stoked I didn't weigh in heavier lol...all the salt. I'm working on getting my steps in here at work this weekend. I hope everyone has a good evening and weekend!

Step Check-In

Tuesday, August 2nd - 12522
    Wednesday - 16531 (worked my PT job at a grocery store, pushing carts)
    Thursday 5634
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @Shaunarir83 Sounds like some great walking, I think the group challenge this week is using things around the house for workouts, you just aced it today!

@Cornanda So glad the kitten is touching your heart, she sounds precious! Have fun with your daughter!

@TeresaW1020 Pesto is super easy especially if you have a food processor! I have a small chopper that I used and it took awhile, it's just basil, olive oil, garlic, parmesan, and nuts (I only had sunflowers so I used those). I still have some from last year, I usually just make basil cubes with olive oil and freeze them in trays then pop them in freezer bags once the cubes are formed but I wanted to make full pesto this time. Have a great time with your former pastor and his wife, I'm so glad you're all still spending time together.

@trooworld I hope your headache lets up! Way to go on conquering the Tonal!

@leti126 You definitely look back on track, you're doing great! It sounds like a really fun gym, glad you're enjoying it! What are your favorite classes so far?

@bethanie0825 Happy anniversary, sounds like a fun dinner!

Hi everyone, happy Friday! I'm sleeping in a bit these days but still not sleeping that great overall, had my pain clinic appointment to talk about switching from 2 to 1 anti depressants for pain (other was for sleep but not working) and am going to try Nyquil next for sleep, this transition is going to be a pain to one but I seem to have less issues with it overall. I stopped at the grocery store for some melon then came home and waited for my prescriptions to be ready and worked a bit. My neighbor invited me to dinner tomorrow so when I picked up my meds I got a bottle of wine, I'm struggling with eating out so much and staying on track right now but my weight wasn't up at the pain clinic thank goodness. Once the salsa competition is over eating out should die down some. Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 228.4
    CW: 230.8
  • trooworld
    @leti126 I LOVE the Tonal! It is a great workout and it has totally changed the way I feel about exercise. I used to hate to exercise but I love it if I can do the Tonal. I love the "gamification" of fitness that is does. For instance, I started with a strength score of 149 (it measures both upper and lower body strength + abdominal strength) and now I am at 186, not a huge jump but it's fun to see it improve! There is also a leaderboard but I don't pay too much attention to that because it depends on how often you use the Tonal and if you don't use it every day, you can be pretty low on the ranks. I just like competing with myself lol. You also get achievement badges. Here are the ones I have received: 10 workouts, 25 workouts, 50,000 lbs lifted, 5-week streak, 25% stronger, Namaste (for doing a yoga workout), healthy habit, and early riser. I highly recommend it even though it's mega expensive! It's worth it! Congrats on the loss, that is awesome! Sounds like you had a great week. Congrats on the new gym membership!

@bethanie0825 I also ate salty food last night, the night before weigh-in. I hate that! Great step counts!

@Katmary71 Thank you, it's better today! I hope it helps to transition to one anti-depressant. How nice to go to dinner at your neighbor's!

@shaunarlr83 It's definitely easier to respond from a computer. I type my responses in Notepad and copy and paste it into MFP, that way I don't lose my responses if I accidentally hit some button.

Hi all. I am disappointed that I had a gain this week but I did eat salty food last night so it's not that surprising. I didn't end up working out yesterday, I was too sore and my head still hurt. My goal is to work out 3 times this week/exercise of some sort. Today, I am getting my hair done. It really needs it! Enjoy your Saturday!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    edited August 2022
    Steps
    Wed 3 - 10135
    Thur 4 - 8462
    Fri 5 - 14689

I’ve been keeping up on reading all the posts but run out of time to post myself. My 2 part time jobs haven’t been so part time lately but I’m starting to get better at saying no and taking some time for myself.

I reached out to a personal trainer and she’s going to set up a program for me that I can do from home so I’m looking forward to that. She’s also big into nutrition so I like that she takes a whole body approach.

@RaquelFit2 I like IF. I find it reasonably easy to fit it into my lifestyle. I still only do up to 24 hr fasts because of meds but if I plan to fast until 6 and only make until 3 I still feel like I’ve accomplished something.

@leti126 what a cool idea to have a movie theatre with cardio equipment. I’d love it if regular movie theatres did that.

@Katmary71 I didn’t find the beet greens tasted like beets. I had them in a salad and they reminded me of spinach but a bit more bitter like arugula. Although it’s late in the season I’m thinking of planting more beets just to use for the greens
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The Aug Week 2 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Aug 7th. Join me for This or That Bingo...a very unusual challenge this week. Let's be open to crazy and just have fun this week. Invite a friend! Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10871008/aug-week-2-group-challenge-this-or-that-bingo/p1?new=1

Jessica :blush:
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    I noticed some are tracking their steps and I wanted to jump in on that. My goal is 10,000 and you can see it’s been all over the place but knowing someone besides myself will see the numbers will push me to hit it daily! ☺️

Steps

Monday - 5,203
    Tuesday - 20,858
    Wednesday - 5,501
    Thursday - 12,216
    Wednesday - 7,318
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @shaunarir83 As others here taught me the easiest for replying is to open a second window and snap each side by side and reply, I used to reply at the bottom and was great for losing my responses all the time. Way to go on the workout!

@trooworld I love how much you're enjoying the Tonal. I'm like you, I like competing against myself. Pretty awesome achievement badges! Hope your hair comes out great!

@Jactop I'm so happy you're back, I know I said it already but had to do it again! The personal trainer sounds like a great way to go. I'll have to take some beets from the food bank farm to try them.

Happy Saturday everyone, hope you all had a great day! I worked out then went to the food bank farm for a few hours and volunteered, we had a big crowd and got a lot done. The day was mellow, been tired from medication changes so I took a nap, gardened, fed my brother's cat, then went to my neighbor's for dinner which was fun, she sent me home with a bunch of new books again. Tomorrow's just the workout challenge then running by my neighbor's for some pots she wants to get rid of. My zucchini and summer squash are real unhappy in the grow bags so I may try to transplant them depending on what I get tomorrow. Have a great Sunday!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Thanks for the helpful tips. It’s so great getting to know everyone here. I love how you all share!!!

Today I cleaned all day! Then did my workouts and walked to make sure I hit all of my goals! 25 minutes on the reciprocal bike and a mile walk.

My legs are getting very sore from the lower body workout yesterday but I’m trying to stay moving!!! Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!!!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,943 Member
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday Aug 6
    PW (Previous Weight): 129.8
    CW (Current Weight): 129.6
  • trooworld
    @Jactop Great step count! WTG! That's cool that you will have a personal trainer set you up with a program. Good luck!

@shaunarlr83 Great steps! Other people seeing your step count is a great motivator. :D My butt and legs were so sore from my workout, they are just now getting so it doesn't hurt when I squat lol.

@Katmary71 Yes, I definitely love it! Competing against myself is the best competition lol. My hair did come out great, because I had gray streaks in it, it looks like I have violet highlights (I have her dye my hair a burgundy). :D That's good you got a lot done at the farm. I'm glad you had fun at your neighbor's. Have a great day!

@micaroo4 Great weigh-in.

Hi all. Last night was fun: my husband and I drank beer and played a video game. It was so hot, we had the a/c on. I haven't played a video game in a long time. This morning, I am going with a friend for coffee. Other than that, I may try to do some meal prep, I don't know, it depends on how hot it gets. Have a great day!

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 193.4
    CW: 193.4

3rd weekly weigh in with no change... at least it's not increasing...
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,047 Member
    19shmoo69
    Week two
    Sunday
    P. W. 278
    C. W. 281

This discussion has been closed.