Captains Lounge - AUGUST 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,899 Member
edited September 2022 in Social Groups
a4i4xfjbx80n.png

Replies

• jugar
    @melaniedscott and @minstrelofsarcasm - quick question!

I see there are no weigh-ins and no goal zone definition for iDebraK - do you know if she will still be continuing? I put her in support, but if she has been weighing in and/or posting, let me know.
  • jugar
    @lindamtuck2018 I think it might be good to put rwood back onto the regular team or for him to revise his maintenance range - he is consistently over the top of his range, so either he should revise that or go back into the losers' group :smiley: until he gets back under that top number. Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 I think it might be good to put rwood back onto the regular team or for him to revise his maintenance range - he is consistently over the top of his range, so either he should revise that or go back into the losers' group :smiley: until he gets back under that top number. Thanks!

I just realized I didn’t enter his weight last week. He has had a substantial loss for 2 weeks in a row. If he gains next week I will ask him to revise or move back. This was his first month back from support after surgery so I think he was finding his groove.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Captains, please help to promote:

Hey y'all! The Aug Week 1 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 31st. Hope you'll join us for Creative Home Workouts!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10870487/aug-week-1-group-challenge-creative-home-workouts#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • jugar

I just realized I didn’t enter his weight last week. He has had a substantial loss for 2 weeks in a row. If he gains next week I will ask him to revise or move back. This was his first month back from support after surgery so I think he was finding his groove.

perfect! no problem
  • jessicakrall8
    @jugar Please EXC Yukie_OP/SS from next Sat's weigh in. She's taking her family on a camping trip. Thanks! Jess
  • lindamtuck2018
    @jugar
    Please change maduck62 to a Tuesday weigh day. Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    We're in Aug chat today, right? Everyone is still posting in July...Jess
  • jugar
    edited July 2022
    We're in Aug chat today, right? Everyone is still posting in July...Jess

yes - I closed the July chats as I finished each team's tallies... or so I thought! The closure and my final message did not work for your team. I am finding that the button to post a message is weird these days - and there was my draft message sitting there. It's done now! Sorry for the delay!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    @melaniedscott and @minstrelofsarcasm - quick question!

I see there are no weigh-ins and no goal zone definition for iDebraK - do you know if she will still be continuing? I put her in support, but if she has been weighing in and/or posting, let me know.

I have reached out to her multiple times, but have not heard a word. If she does not respond within the next week or so, I think it would be safe to drop her.
  • jugar
    A message recently appeared on our August registration thread -
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    ATTENTION @mari_moulin @broncobuddee @jessicakrall8 @jugar @lindamtuck2018 @trooworld @melaniedscott @Megan_smartiepants1970 @minstrelofsarcasm @ashleycarole86
    Any of you want to explain why @frankwbrown finds it necessary to hack into another group (The Biggest Looser) and assign our members over here?!
    cvlf3vuyfiqp.png
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10869953/august-new-member-registration-weights#latest

*Leaving now but thought you should be aware. Not cool and not the way to encourage me to join ya’.

Since it is addressed to all the captains and everyone except me (!) I want to let you know what I'm doing to figure it out. I have messaged JbeanR0212 to tell her that I am trying to figure it out and that no one is poaching members - there had to be some kind of error. I will then look up frankwbrown's post and rwillem (a brand new member) to be sure they had not done something untoward.

For the moment, just let me know if you get any other messages on your team threads, and I'll post here as soon as I have anything concrete. I suspect it is a bit of a tempest in a teacup with someone posting on the wrong place by mistake. Let's hope so anyhow!
  • jugar
    OK - I think I see what happened.

rwillems tried to sign up for a couple of other things before signing up for F2F. He posted twice on the Biggest Loser sign-up complaining that he had not been assigned to a team. Then he signed up with us and was assigned to Downsizers.

frankwbrown, trying to be helpful, went on the Biggest Loser sign-up to tell rwillems he had been assigned to Downsizers over here on F2F.

JbeanR0212 got seriously upset by what looked to her like us stealing someone who had signed up for them.

Tempest in a teacup. Let me know if anything else is posted about this, but I'll just kindly let Jbean know that it was all just a couple of older gentlemen navigating MFP trying to figure things out. Both of them are with us, and she does not have anything to worry about. At all.

Thanks!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member

rwillems tried to sign up for a couple of other things before signing up for F2F. He posted twice on the Biggest Loser sign-up complaining that he had not been assigned to a team. Then he signed up with us and was assigned to Downsizers.

frankwbrown, trying to be helpful, went on the Biggest Loser sign-up to tell rwillems he had been assigned to Downsizers over here on F2F.

JbeanR0212 got seriously upset by what looked to her like us stealing someone who had signed up for them.

Tempest in a teacup. Let me know if anything else is posted about this, but I'll just kindly let Jbean know that it was all just a couple of older gentlemen navigating MFP trying to figure things out. Both of them are with us, and she does not have anything to worry about. At all.

Thanks!

Just saw the post. Sorry you are having to deal with something like this. It has happened before in The earlier years when people would sign up for more than one challenge group and would confuse them and post in wrong teams etc. I hope it gets sorted out quickly and that they can understand that it was all just a harmless mistake. No matter what group, team, chat one joins, we are all here for one reason and that’s to help each other reach our goals.

• jugar

Thanks!

Just saw the post. Sorry you are having to deal with something like this. It has happened before in The earlier years when people would sign up for more than one challenge group and would confuse them and post in wrong teams etc. I hope it gets sorted out quickly and that they can understand that it was all just a harmless mistake. No matter what group, team, chat one joins, we are all here for one reason and that’s to help each other reach our goals.
    All's well that ends well - I finally got a response from Jbean and she still does not really think it was all that simple, but she has calmed down and will probably leave it be. She never did read the 2 messages I sent to her, but she responded to my friend request (did not accept it!) and is OK, it seems.

You're so right that we are all here to help each other. F2F does that brilliantly!

• jessicakrall8
    @jugar As we've all learned, you can't make everyone happy, even you're kind AND honest...people are gonna be the way they wanna be...sad but true. I'm glad you were happy with the results.
    Jessica
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    @jugar
    I just heard from @Badunkadunk_Buster and she has been on vacay, which is why she didn't weigh last Sat. Can we put her down as excused? (Maybe this week, too, sounds like she might still be out and about?)
  • jugar
    @jugar
    I just heard from @Badunkadunk_Buster and she has been on vacay, which is why she didn't weigh last Sat. Can we put her down as excused? (Maybe this week, too, sounds like she might still be out and about?)

no problem!
  • jessicakrall8
    Captains, help me to promote:

The Aug Week 2 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Aug 7th. Join me for This or That Bingo...a very unusual challenge this week. Let's be open to crazy and just have fun this week. Invite a friend! Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10871008/aug-week-2-group-challenge-this-or-that-bingo/p1?new=1

Jessica :blush:
  • lindamtuck2018
    @jugar
    I messaged any of the new or old people who missed weigh ins up to and including Thursday. I was away all day yesterday so I did not get the Friday people done. All the new people who missed weigh in haven’t checked in with the exception being Arya91Fire.
  • jugar
    @jugar
    I messaged any of the new or old people who missed weigh ins up to and including Thursday. I was away all day yesterday so I did not get the Friday people done. All the new people who missed weigh in haven’t checked in with the exception being Arya91Fire.

We have this problem every month. The enthusiasm of signing up, or the fact of signing up to too many things, means we have many no-shows.

Any ideas how we can make better contact at the time of registration? Or any other ways to make sure people take their sign-up seriously? Or do we just let them be grownups and show or not show as it happens?
This discussion has been closed.