Seen any good Tiktok weight loss channels lately?

When it comes to Tiktok and weight loss, I'm either too early or too late. They're just starting or they finished months ago, and just say how it went. I'd like to see someone say roughly halfway through their weight loss goals. Do you know of any? Thanks.

Replies

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    From what I understand, TikTok is just about the most toxic place you could go for "inspiration" or whatever you're expecting to get out of following someone's journey, and seeking out that kind of content will prompt the Algorithm to steer you into ED territory tout suite.

I haven't noticed that. The one person I was following deleted his videos, it was just him weighing himself once a week and what he ate etc. As for the algorithm sending me videos of eating disorders, I haven't seen any eating disorder videos even though I've used the weight loss hashtags a number of times.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I would caution anyone against using tiktok. As already mentioned, it's highly toxic. Extremely so. And the "weight loss/fitness community" consists mostly of 20 year Olds dancing in workout bras, and *maybe* pointing at some highly dubious fitness/diet advice flashed up on the screen. More than likely, they'll say "buy this supplement and you can get hot, 20 year old abs just like mine" My advice: just stay away from it.