Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adventurous This August!!!

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Good morning everyone!

181.2 this morning, whoa. The good times are over after this morning- I'm going to the gym today, and the workout is guaranteed to make me sore- TRX and poles- so I'm expecting an increase of water and stuff on the scale tomorrow.

Other things I need to do today-
    1. cook down the figs (figpocalypse has begun, @justanotherloser007!) so I can can them tomorrow (can can, haha),
    2. clean the house to support a full day of canning figs and tomatoes tomorrow,
    3. go to the gym,
    4. go grocery shopping,
    5. make tacos, for tomorrow I think I'll just get sushi for dinner- after spending all day canning, I'm not going to want to cook one second longer,
    6. make tea and juice for the girls for the week,
    7. and relax? Is that possible?

Last night I didn't get to participate in pizza and beer, due to some tummy troubles, so I ate the most enormous bowl of rice krispies with almond milk (when you have 400 calories to deal with, you can eat your cereal out of a mixing bowl, haha) and some potatoes that were air fried. BRAT, who is she, lol.

But I was feeling better last night, so this morning I'm back to coffee, and I air fried some pizza. So far so good.

Tag party time!
    @seltzer_lover Nice! Yeah, if a doctor's scale weighed you that low, definitely not stuck, I'd say!

@15822 that is one amazing ride! You are right to be proud of it, incredible work.

@mmdeveau Ooh, yeah, I definitely have to take into consideration freezer space for a canister if I go that way. I like to pack my freezer full of stuff. :neutral:

@bojaantje3822 Ooh, daydreaming about a new bike as a milestone reward is a great motivator. Also, I love thinking about a new bike, haha. Gotta find just the right one.

I'm glad you have a good head on your shoulders about friends- you don't feel like you have to put up with things that are unacceptable just to have friends as an adult, and I love that for you. :heart:

@mshawski you're right, no one ever needs an excuse. I did just spend a bunch of money on a dolls kill clearance sale though, so.... :no_mouth::lol:

@sarah12277 This is a very good roundup about daily harvest, thank you! I figured their smoothies were going to be their strong suit. And also :heart:

@kenziestabes sorry the game got rained out, glad to hear you're feeling better enough to get in the game again! And enjoy the planned meal out!

I think that's everything, time to get my butt in gear. I've only got an hour to do stuff before I have to leave for the gym, oops. Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png

• bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    edited August 2022
    I had 10 hours of sleep again, but 2am to noon so my day has been short. I'm glad I skipped my workout yesterday because I scrubbed the oven today and my arms feel very tired now. I do feel better otherwise and I miss the gym a bit but on the weekend they close early (around noonish) so I overslept all the classes. I did hit my head twice on the afzuigkap, idk what that is in english but now both sides of my head are bruised. Everything in my home is built for tall people (my door openings are taller, my toilet and sink are higher, my whole kitchen is higher) but somehow this stupid thing is at the perfect height to bump my head into. I do it almost weekly.
    I also have a ton of bruises from the move but they're no worse than my workout bruises so it's okay.

I had a great time with my former coworker last night. Drinks turned into drinks and dinner and ice cream and it was fun. I had a delicious fish and we shared some sides. We're largely on the same wavelength about things so it was fun and we talked about a bunch of things.

My sister's bf got the apartment in my building and he's moving late this month or early next month. I told him to let me know if he needed help moving. I need a few things from Ikea so we're either ordering together to save on shipping or he's gonna pick my stuff up from there when he moves so it's great. We're also gonna exchange keys and it's very useful to have someone nearby to water my plants when I go on vacation next month.

Idk if I mentioned is but I had very bad foresight planning my no-weigh month now since I'll be on vacation for 3 weeks in september... so maybe I'll weigh myself monday before my workout because I'll have had 4 no-gym days in a row and my soreness should be fully gone by then (it's almost gone now) to see what my weight is, then stick with the plan and not weigh until the 31st, weigh a few times in the first week of september and then go on my vacation unbothered.

We also decided that we're all going on vacation to Montenegro together next year (my mum, her bf, my sister, her bf, me, maybe some other family members) so I'm trying to figure out if I'll need a whole new wardrobe by then... and I think maybe yes. Which means I should start putting money away for cheap betweeb clothes ughhhh. The part I wasn't looking forward. I expect that next summer I will have outshrunk about 85% of my wardrobe even by sizing table standards.

@CupcakeCrusoe congrats on another new low omg!

Have a nice weekend everyone!
  • bojaantje3822
    I met a friend I hadn't seen in 4 months apparently and while she was vaguely aware that the weight was coming off, she told me she saw a huge difference and I looked super thin. Obviously I don't look super thin but it's good to know that the measurements I took translate to a reality in which I am smaller, which isn't visible to me in the mirror but was to her looking at me. She also got me some leggings that were too big on her (she's 5'4 or so and maybe 170lbs) and they fit me perfectly! And then we randomly went into a store and I picked up another pair of leggings and a warm winter zipped hoodie blind, without fitting them on, and they fit! I expected the leggings to fit because I know I typically need a smaller size but the hoodie looked small and was an XL, which translated to an EU 42 or 44, so I was very surprised I got it to close. I am so winter-ready clothes-wise and so not at all winter-ready mentality-wise.

The weather was a warm feeling 21 degrees C today but it's gonna go up by 2 degrees every day until friday's 31C peak. I don't know how I'm gonna do the workouts. I prepared my leggingshorts and matching sports bras because I'm not gonna be able to keep my shirt on for more than 5 min guaranteed.

Also work starts again for me tomorrow :( it's only 5 more weeks until my vacation but I'm just feeling summer-y and completely unmotivated to work.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Glad to be back and Thank you @RavenStCloud for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65. 5'2" Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs. Down 100.2 lbs so far!
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs
    5/1/22-158.8 lbs
    6/1/22-152.2 lbs
    7/1/22-157.4 lbs.
    8/1/22-167.2 lbs :-(

Been MIA from this thread most of July. Been struggling with my Carb intake higher than my normal and it shows. Still doing my Elliptical on my days off and have incorporated weight lifting with the equipment I have available in my basement. I mainly use the Leg press (also can be used as a shoulder squat machine but I haven't used it that way yet) and the double pulley cable system I have, along with dumbbells. My weekly weigh day for here is Sunday, as I weigh daily.
    8/1/22-167.2 lbs

8/7/22- 167.2 lbs Still been doing my Elliptical on my off days. I may have broke it Friday. Got stiff and couldn't move it. 2 of my sons cleaned and oiled it. Worked ok today for my first 2 hours then screeched and got stiff then eased up for my third hour then got stiff again and I stopped even though I still had 30 minutes left in the movie I was watching. THIRTEEN LIVES about the Thai soccer team cave rescue in 2018. Very good and kept my elliptical pace up even though I knew the outcome as I followed it on the news then. Its on Amazon Prime. Done by Ron Howard. I recommend it and it received 5 out of 5 stars.

I found a local Fitness Equipment Repair company(if they are still in business) to call tomorrow to see if they can fix my Elliptical. A comparable one to mine is now $1200-1600. I'm thinking it's the bearings, bushing or something. It's only used by me. Bought it in 2010 I think. Only been really used regularly the last year. I know I've put 2000+ miles on it since 1/3/22. Conservative as I found out 2 months ago that my I Phone only captures half of my Elliptical or daily steps. I've since added the extra mileage. Charity Miles I started 1/3 and they say I've done almost 2000 miles.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    @15822 that is amazing!!! I love Glasgow, we were there in late 2019. I could live in that city.

Well I'm back after a terrible weekend food-wise. I let the water retention scale results eat me up, then I ate everything else up. This morning the water retention is gone/going, but the scale is now showing a REAL gain. BLERGH. But I got a bit of a nasty wake up call last night so I'm determined not to get derailed.

Goals for this week:

1. 1250 calories max a day.
    2. 8k steps a day.
    3. 3 x deliberate exercise, even if just a walk (in addition to general life walk).
  • tahitig
    tahitig Posts: 31 Member
    Happy August, all.

I'm finally home from Alaska, and by some grace, I didn't gain an ounce on the trip. Woot!

So now, the countdown to the celebrity wedding begins.
    I have six weeks to lose 80 pounds if I'm going to fit in with the starved and carved. 😳

Obviously, that's not gonna happen, so I need a major reframing of expectations.
    I'm at a critical juncture that's happened before, where I've lost a bit weight (25 pounds), and I feel pretty fine about making an initial goal - then, I sabotage myself and the progress stops.

Has anyone else ever experienced this ???

For a motivating boost, I re-read many of your posts today, and I'm so inspired by you all and what you have achieved:
    @swimmom_1 - 100 pounds lost !
    @mmdeveau - 100 lbs !
    @seltzer_lover - 67 pounds !
    @lmgoff - 79 pounds !
    @pamperedlinny - 68 pounds !

It seems the common thread here among your successes was time and ignoring setbacks, re-comittment and more time.

It might be especially tempting to give up when no matter what I do, I'll still be the wedding guest that stands out among the crowd of svelte lovelies whose job it is to project an image. But I'll remember your fortitude, and how no one in this group ever gives up. The wedding will come and go, but my progress will not be deterred!

(and I'll slip the cameraperson a few extra $$ to photoshop me or edit me out of the film --a brill suggestion from one of you)

SW: 215
    Flight weight: 190 --made it !
    Current weight: 190
    August goal: 185
    Celebrity wedding goal: 183
    Goal weight: 175, then re-set

• Alatariel75
    tahitig wrote: »
    Happy August, all.

I'm finally home from Alaska, and by some grace, I didn't gain an ounce on the trip. Woot!

So now, the countdown to the celebrity wedding begins.
    I have six weeks to lose 80 pounds if I'm going to fit in with the starved and carved. 😳

Obviously, that's not gonna happen, so I need a major reframing of expectations.
    I'm at a critical juncture that's happened before, where I've lost a bit weight (25 pounds), and I feel pretty fine about making an initial goal - then, I sabotage myself and the progress stops.

Has anyone else ever experienced this ???

For a motivating boost, I re-read many of your posts today, and I'm so inspired by you all and what you have achieved:
    @swimmom_1 - 100 pounds lost !
    @mmdeveau - 100 lbs !
    @seltzer_lover - 67 pounds !
    @lmgoff - 79 pounds !
    @pamperedlinny - 68 pounds !

It seems the common thread here among your successes was time and ignoring setbacks, re-comittment and more time.

It might be especially tempting to give up when no matter what I do, I'll still be the wedding guest that stands out among the crowd of svelte lovelies whose job it is to project an image. But I'll remember your fortitude, and how no one in this group ever gives up. The wedding will come and go, but my progress will not be deterred!

(and I'll slip the cameraperson a few extra $$ to photoshop me or edit me out of the film --a brill suggestion from one of you)

SW: 215
    Flight weight: 190 --made it !
    Current weight: 190
    August goal: 185
    Celebrity wedding goal: 183
    Goal weight: 175, then re-set

SOOOOOOOOOO many times. This is basically the theme of my autobiography. I reach a "yay!" point and it's like my subconscious just decides that's enough. And then I stay there for a bit, then start backsliding.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,545 Member
    Good morning all! It's been crazy here the last few days. My daughter had a friend come over on Saturday that isn't heading home until Tuesday and that definitely added to the chaos. We've hit the play ground, splash pad, going bowling tonight.... I'm already exhausted but I'm also trying to secretly pack for being away from Wednesday night through Sunday night on our vacation to Dollywood. Since my daughter has no clue we're going away this is making life even more interesting.

Sorry I've been quiet for 4 days or so and will probably be somewhat MIA through this week with all the crazy as well. I've also decided not to worry about logging my food until we get back. I'll still log in each day and do some commenting but my diary will remain blank for this moment.

School starts back on Tuesday of next week so my daughter will be gone during the day and no more week long sleep overs... so that will make it easier to plan and stick with my meals with working from home alone and uninterupted by kids begging for snacks.

I'll try to find time to read everything and catch up soon but I also need to get all my work in a good spot in the next 3 days since I'll be missing a couple days this week.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    Age 45
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 224.0
    GW for August 220
    UGW 145

8/1: 226.4 lbs
    8/8: 224
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/31:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -At least 2 day at gym - 1 cardio, 1 strength
    -64 oz of water each day
    -LOG FOOD!
    -Try out carb cycling

Water is coming off! I'm also not having much extras that I was having prior.
    One instagram ad got me yesterday but was something I could try as there's some truth to it for me. So trying the carb cycling for the month or so. Alternating with low/regular carb days. When weight was melting off previous summers I was doing this ultimately, wasn't an actual thought into it just how the food fell really. It might end up being calorie cycling as well but not the initial expectation.

Saturday was the wine festival. We got there later than in the past so that probably helped a bit to not go too overboard. I had heavy carbs for breakfast and lunch leading up to it. Along with while I was there. Not many proteins I could have as the one place I went to sold out of their meat. Dinner ended up being meatless really. Enjoyed the food that was there and found some wonderful wines to try. They sold out of the bottles I would have bought to take home but if I see them at the store I might end up getting in the future. I have a lot already that I just don't drink so I was fine with not buying any overall.
    Wine festival was at the Farmpark so I got to see the animals they have. They have 2 calfs and piglets right now amongst all the rest

This week Mom comes back for the week so I might end up going out to a restaurant in the mix. I'm seeing Frozen the musical on Saturday so that'll definitely be a restaurant afterward as well that I need to think about and plan for the high end or push for one place in particular that I can plan better at. Although most places I can get a steak and potato or an omelet that fits in an average day.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    @Tahitig – Yes that’s very much me. Sometimes it’s a conscious decision to sabotage and others it might be unconscious. I have to just go with it and when I’m ready to get back to doing the things I need to do I just do it. I don’t try to beat myself up over it as sometimes it’s just part of the life I’m having at that moment. When I was strict with myself in the past, it wasn’t good mentally so I’ve come a long way just with the mental attitude I need. With the wedding; attitude is everything. Get your hair and nails done that day. Find a dress/outfit that you just love and feel confident about yourself in. There’s many celebrities that aren’t skinny that it’s their attitude that shared their beauty. I’m sure it’s very hard in the middle of that; especially if that particular group is the thinner side. Otherwise that wedding is just that one day; have fun with it and just enjoy the spectacle.
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    It's too hot and humid to workout outside, so I decided I was going to run on the treadmill in the apartment gym. Only problem? When I walked in, all the treadmills had been sprayed down with disinfectant, INCLUDING the track. I was not about to break a bone on that obvious safety hazard, so I went over to the front office and informed them that, if the treadmills need to be doused in disinfectant, they need to be taped off until they are completely dry. Then, I walked outside for 20 before making my way to the shower. It's too hot for this. Also, who cleans a gym (with no signs saying it's closed for cleaning) at 9 AM? Why not have an overnight crew clean it and the front office?
  • bojaantje3822
    My weigh in after not exercising for 4 days showed 124kg, which is on the low end but not a new low. Standing there, it hit me that I had about 3700 cals yesterday, more than half of which were chinese-korean barbecue restaurant food. So all in all this is a good weight to see. Back to not weighing in this month.

I did have a huge new gym NSV! I managed an L-hold off some type of soft bar thing for 7 seconds! I tried it from a box but my wrists gave out in 0.2 seconds. On the soft alternative thing I was holding up my entire body with my thighs at a 90 degree angle with my torso for 7 seconds, heavily shaking the whole time. My shoulders gave out in the end.

I had a fun time with my friend yesterday and our lunch was tasty and very high in protein. I think maybe protein isn't as sating to me because I had a whole 150 gram pack of cookies afterwards so yeah.

This week is gonna get hot around thursday iirc so I hope the gym will be cool.

@sarah12277 have fun at the musical!
  • Alatariel75
    Morning all.

So yesterday was yet another write off, I was sad and upset (for NO real reason, because it all turned out to be a huge misunderstanding!) and I let it get the better off me. Leftover Chinese food (NO more takeaway!), chocolate, sugared almonds, and dinner wasn't completely terrible but I certainly wasn't watching the calories - had butter and sour cream in the mash, not enough veg. Oh and there was wine, which totally broke my not on a school night.

So I'm going to log whatever weight I see on the scale tomorrow, and go from there. It's one thing to not log a gain for one week, but when it's still there another week later, I'm just fibbing to myself if I don't acknowledge it.

I haven't given up yet, for all that I feel like I'm clinging to the slippery slope by the tips of my fingers! Damn covid, I was doing so well.

@pamperedlinny – I’m so envious of you going to Dollywood!! I love Dolly Parton, we took my mum-in-law to 9 to 5 The Musical on the weekend, it was fantastic! We were lucky enough to see Dolly in concert a few years back too. She’s such an amazing person, both in terms of talent and just being an all around amazing human being.

@CupcakeCrusoe – I feel you on the canning!! I get so enthused, spend all day doing it and in the end I always feel like I could have just gone to the supermarket and saved my time LOL. A few years back I housesat for my parents while they went on a cruise, right in the middle of tomato season. I was canning 10-15kg of tomatoes every couple of days and don’t get me started on the zucchini bread and butter pickles I was making. My dad gardens like he has to feed a small village.

@sarah12277 – I want to see Frozen the Musical! I love musical theatre.

@kenziestabes – oh lawd, that’s a broken ankle just begging to happen!! What temps are you getting at the moment?

@bojaantje3822 – brilliant NSV! We did Korean BBQ last week, it was so good.

• bojaantje3822
    There are some pants that I first fit into again a month or two ago but haven't worn since and now they're comfortable. They were last comfortable when I weighed 115kg so I think some recomp has been happening on top of just the weight loss. I'm sitting on a bus in them and they're not tight anywhere. The pocket parts used to really pop at the sides but now they fall more normally.
    Also the blouse I'm wearing is the loosest it's ever been (I got it sometime last year or so, for sure during the pandemic) and the combination is so cute. The blouse is a little light around my arms but that was to be expected.

I completely overslept work and was late to my morning workout but I got in an hour of pilates and am omw to the office right now.
    Tonight is pizza night because I had some cals to spare and don't wanna cook around my evening workout. Oly class will be fun.
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    @Alatariel75 At 9AM, it's about 85F/29C with 65% humidity. Humidity makes it feel like 90F/32C. I can do low intensity stuff - walking, yard work, etc - in that heat, but not running.
  • bojaantje3822
    There was something about yesterday or maybe yesterday's outfit because I've never had this many heads turn because of me. I accidentally made a flirty face at two guys and they seemed totally into it and there were like a dozen people who openly and appreciatively looked me over and it was weird. I've worn great outfits before and I get a few compliments or whatever but yesterday was next level. I also later wore my cutest gym outfit that always gets compliments so that added to it for sure. So my confidence related to my body is at an all time high right now 😂

Yesterday's workout was so tough, last night I hurt all over. Today it's better but my wrists are not in good shape. I feel the way I used to feel after workouts. I haven't felt this way in a while because I've been taking it easy but doubling up both monday and yesterday really pushed me. I even walked home from work yesterday so I had a very active day. I think possibly when I started out I might've been challenging myself more than I thought, perhaps close to overdoing it, and I needed a lot of rest between days. It's nice that I don't feel this way nowadays unless I either do 8 workouts in a week or push myself really hard in 4 workouts. I used to feel this way working out twice a week. Back then I didn't know any better, I'd forgotten what I felt like after taekwondo before the pandemic. My musclessssss.

Tonight might be impossible for me. We're supposed to do cleans (which are hard on the wrists) and box dips (which are incredibly hard on the wrists) so idk what I'll do. Maybe I can do them on the contraption I got to use for the L sit hold the other day. On monday the trainer commented how much my hand strength had improved and he's right but my wrists are still a weak point and I don't have the right anatomy for cleans (my upper arms are short, not sure compared to what though) so it's going to be very hard.

I got the tastiest apples at the store yesterday, delcorf or something like that, and today's a day filled with vegetables because that's how the contents of my fridge work out.

Oh I also inventoried my leggings. Not counting my favourite pair that got too big, I have 26 pairs that fit well right now. There are 8 or so in those 26 that will become too big in the next few months. I have 6 more leggings that are slightly too small right now and that I won't be able to wear until I lose another 2cm or so all over my torso and legs. I do want to buy one more pair at uniqlo since they're on sale rn and so pretty (only €10) but after that I shouldn't buy any more leggings until I'm down to only 14 that fit. Whether I reach this number by outshrinking them or by the leggings wearing out from use doesn't matter (I refuse to accept that outgrowing them is an option. After I get below 120kg (based on the highest number I see), I'm never going above again. I don't want to commit to staying below X weight for the rest of my life but 120kg+ just isn't right for me so I can commit to never seeing that again after I get down below it).
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited August 2022
    Good morning everyone!

182 this morning, I'm thrilled that we're on the way back down to what my new low was. It might be affected by TOM here soon, but otherwise I just have to keep drinking my water and keep this up.

I decided on what song I'm going to perform for the showcase- I'm going to do 1 2 step by Ciara. It's got the r slur in it (a product of the early 00s), but meant in a positive way? So like, idk how to feel about that particular word in there, but otherwise, it is 3 minutes and brings me back to school dances and it's got an excellent beat for hitting different poses in the song. Maybe I can find a version with that word bleeped out.

My kid is developmentally delayed, and it's rough navigating the minefield that is pop culture as it changes and evolves! Not saying it's not worthwhile, it very much is, just that things I like because I liked them when I was younger...I have more complicated feelings about now. Like, I'm a big buffy fan, but Joss Whedon is a terrible human. That kind of thing.

Anyway! I wrote down the routine, and started practicing the first 1/3 last night. I hit a snag, but after sleeping on it, I think I've found a way out of the tough spot I put myself in, lol. And at chair play next week, I'll ask if my solution is good, or if there's one better. I feel like I'm in a good spot to make it look good for showcase early next month.

And as an aside- whoo boy, a three minute song *can* make you out of breath and sweaty, lol.

Now to start on the fun part- what I'm going to wear for the routine! My Dolls Kill order from their clearance sale hasn't shown up in my hot little hands yet, I'm looking forward to seeing how everything fits and making a decision from there what I'll wear for showcase.

Tag party time!
    @sargemarcori progress is progress! I'm so excited for you to hit a new decade!

@bojaantje3822 of course they checked you out, you're hot! :wink: I love how leggings are so forgiving that they'll span kind of several sizes. Makes it easier to deal with losing weight/recomping.

ETA almost forgot: have a great day, everyone!