WeightNoMore Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• melissacoleman430
    melissacoleman430 Posts: 69 Member
    Ugh, last night I weighed 239, I ate or drank nothing but water til this morning, had the least calories I’ve had this whole diet yesterday, then the scale tells me I gained weight this morning. What the heck? How is that even possible? Ugh. I’ll trust the process, though. Maybe only nutrient dense food today. Still frustrating.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ym4oaququftb.png
    cdodrtrvsbpn.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    1l9sdqscm73f.png

By Pounds
    pzmzubszk5tl.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    wmj0pmfrqcrd.png

By Pounds
    5ak09b0uzadd.png
    d9wnxaqgt4mr.png

Team Winners
    txpmiq3b81tt.png
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 570 Member
    Username: CassieGetsFit2013
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 231
    CW (Current Weight): 231.2

Glad it wasn't more! Kind of had more sweets than previous week, but not much food so I guess it balanced out my calories or something. Would've preferred a good loss, but glad it wasn't a big gain at least!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,447 Member
    @sanugent9874 Motivation is a funny, fickle thing isn't it! Some days my motivation is soaring high, and I'm frustrated to sit at my desk instead of doing a workout...other days I have all the time I need but struggle to get my butt up even for a short walk. I saw this thing the other day that talked about how motivation is a fallacy - we can't depend on it and instead we need to build habits and discipline and I gotta tell you, I agree!
    2trkvszbfbur.png

I sometimes get caught up in having too many goals, or confused goals that aren't actually what I want to focus on, so this month I decided to take myself back to basics because I know it will work if I can just not try to do everything at once lol. I'm trying to build streaks for the number of days in a row I can hit these targets:
    1. Walk 5,000 steps (I know, it's not much, but it's a reasonable target for where I'm at right now and I want to work on this as a starting point and gradually increase it)
    2. Drink 2L of water (not that hard for me most days, but sometimes I struggle)
    3. Track all my calories (I tend to do this for a few days and then forget, or it gets too hard, so it's important to me to make this a habit every day - at this stage I'm not even focusing on how many calories I'm eating, just the process of actually keeping track)
    4. Limit my social media time to 60 minutes (it's so easy to go down a rabbit warren of videos or comments and I waste too much time that I could be spending with loved ones or doing something productive!)
    5. Weigh in (I find it helpful to see the daily ups and downs on the scale as it helps me see how my body responds to certain foods etc. - like if I have Chinese food I KNOW to expect a jump on the scale the next morning)

I'm fully expecting to have breaks in my streaks for these (in fact, I did over the weekend) but I'm hoping to get longer and longer streaks and be able to use that as a motivator/have these habits ingrained so I don't even think about them as challenging anymore!
  • melissacoleman430
    melissacoleman430
    Pw 142.9
    Cw 239.8
    Weight in day Monday
  • melissacoleman430
    Is pw (previous weight) the weight from the start of the challenge or is it the weight from week to week of the challenge? TYIA🌻
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    You have to get up every morning and tell yourself, "I can do this."

From the Motivation app
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    Is pw (previous weight) the weight from the start of the challenge or is it the weight from week to week of the challenge? TYIA🌻

Your PW is your weight from the week before. We typically use SW (Starting Weight) as your weight from the beginning of the challenge, if you ever want to report it. The only thing we ever use it for is calculating your loss to date and milestones.
  • sanugent9874
    sanugent9874 Posts: 6 Member
    @sanugent9874 Motivation is a funny, fickle thing isn't it! Some days my motivation is soaring high, and I'm frustrated to sit at my desk instead of doing a workout...other days I have all the time I need but struggle to get my butt up even for a short walk. I saw this thing the other day that talked about how motivation is a fallacy - we can't depend on it and instead we need to build habits and discipline and I gotta tell you, I agree!

Yes, exactly @TwistedSassette I actually was thinking about routines or as you called it discipline this morning. And after getting off track the last couple of weeks, I'm trying to get back into my routines that create positive changes and outcomes for me.

This morning I realized I've started buying smoothies after workouts and instead I need to go back to throwing a protein bar in my gym bag, so that if I'm hungry after a workout, I already have on hand a high protein, tasty, low sugar, lower calories option readily available.

It reminds me that I read The Power of Habit last year and I have changed a lot of what I do from focusing on motivation and strategic goals, to focusing on building effective habits, routines and/or discipline.

https://www.amazon.ca/Power-Habit-What-Life-Business/dp/0385669763/ref=sr_1_1?gclid=CjwKCAjw6MKXBhA5EiwANWLODNJDIyGEpEz6M-_bBC8z9xa4LBMz8t1T6i9CtfQ8esb83HTlTaLK-xoCkKUQAvD_BwE&hvadid=208442483738&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9000683&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=15026920984913890031&hvtargid=kwd-301096093833&hydadcr=14952_9480934&keywords=the+power+of+habit&qid=1659968314&sr=8-1

Thank you for the discussion; I appreciated it as it is helping shift my mindset and get back on track with making positive changes!

Cheers!
  • melissacoleman430

Your PW is your weight from the week before. We typically use SW (Starting Weight) as your weight from the beginning of the challenge, if you ever want to report it. The only thing we ever use it for is calculating your loss to date and milestones.
    Awesome, thank you😊🌻

• shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday (but on Tuesday this time)
    PW (Previous Weight): 210
    CW (Current Weight): 211

Steps August 1- August 6
    August 1- 4537
    August 2 - 5183
    August 3 - 10718
    August 4 - 3061
    August 5 - 2454
    August 6 - 5315
    August 7 - 6198

Total Kms on foot last week - 24.89 km

bi365cshkgja.png
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Steps

Sun-4,703
    Mon-5,569
    Tues-5,294
    Wed-9,376
    Thurs-10,013
    Fri-3,791
    Sat-6,171
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    My steps were horrible last week. I was still on vacation so I was just boating and swimming mostly. I got back Saturday night. I hopped on the treadmill this morning to get my walk in as it's so hot here. Today is my last day of vacation, I figured I needed it being gone for 2 weeks. I did want to sit next to my pool but the guys were here putting my patio in. This is the longest patio project ever. Hopefully it's done soon. I just got back from food shopping and bought a lot of healthy choices. I did peak at the scale this morning and wasn't happy so hopefully that will go back down by weigh in on Thursday.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Steps
    Sunday 7/31 3415
    Mon 8/1 3666
    Tue. 5700
    Wed. 5596
    Thu. 4892
    Fri. 3189
    Sat 2202

Thought I could get in a few more steps just now but ....thunder! Guess I can go with my what I've got with a few more inside.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 421 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 169.4
    CW (Current Weight): 169.4

Steps
    Sunday 11,979
    Mon 8/1 5,956
    Tue. 12,595
    Wed. 13,950
    Thu. 12,498
    Fri. 11,329
    Sat 10,979

Total 79,196

• melissacoleman430
    edited August 2022
    My body is so efficient at keeping me safe during a famine. About 1500 calories - 500 calories of walking (12000 steps) and i gain half a pound. Normally id give up by now from frustration but im gonna continue believing in the process. Ugh. Anytime i get to 239 lbs, my body starts resisting the weight loss. Im dont need extra weight in case of a famine, i promise u body! Ugh
  • melissacoleman430
    Melissacoleman430
    7/31 1011
    8/1 1593
    8/2 3005
    8/3 6152
    8/4 7404
    8/5 6354
    8/6 4056 steps
  • HorsesRock9999
    HorsesRock9999 Posts: 222 Member
    @HorsesRock9999
    Rebecca
    Weigh-In Day: Monday

PW: 135.6
    CW: 136.2. (I really need to start tracking my food, working out, however, consuming too many calories!)
    GW: 127
This discussion has been closed.