Yes I am back and need help

I am back been gojng through an extremely hard time to loose weight mainly hard time with exercising just can't seem to get on track. I use to be fit but have gained now 70 pounds, I need motivation and a friend that is funny and can help.me.to get motivated, please add me. Thank you

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 988 Member
    If you focus on mastering a calorie deficit (use a digital food scale!). the weight will start to come off. Then perhaps add back fitness after you get that part down?
  • Fatextrmination123
    Fatextrmination123 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you. I know how and what to eat and exercise but what is getting in my way os motivation to keep going
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Motivation is a limited budget at best.

Losing a meaningful amount of weight and increasing fitness are both things that will take quite a long time period.

Think about how you can make your path easier, rather than faster.

You don't need to revolutionize every part of your eating all at once. You can make gradual improvements and turn them into habits - use the fleeting motivation to make one change, groove it in as a habit. When you feel motivated again, make the next change.

On the exercise front, anything that increases movement in your day will help. It doesn't necessarily need to be some miserable, punitively intense gym-y thing.

Pick something you find fun, and just a manageably small challenge. Do that, and as you get fitter - which you will - just increase duration, intensity, frequency, change the type of exercise, or add another activity to keep that manageable challenge.

I get that we all want to fix everything fast. I feel like it would be more productive to fix it permanently.

To me, that puts a premium on finding sustainable habits. No way I can sustain motivation forever. I can sustain reasonably easy, reasonably enjoyable new habits.

The gradual path may reach the goals sooner than the (theoretically) fast path: Fewer false starts and do-overs on the route.

Best wishes!