* Track every blt, weigh the grazingπŸ’–
    * Pretrack including w/eπŸ’–
    * Aim for winners circle πŸ’–
    * Loose weight in AugustπŸ’–
    * Put weight in app πŸ’–
    *Journal and gratitude πŸ’–
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * Look for another job πŸ‘‡
    * Hve things to look forward after work and wen im stressed ie Sing, tv show, movie dance, yoga, nails, walk with bub, park & bath πŸ’–
    * Be present with bub after work πŸ’–
    * Skin care at night and floss πŸ’–
    * Do 1 thing from personal to do list πŸ’–
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited August 2022
    @donna25trinity, I like all of your goals for August, but especially this one:

Hve things to look forward after work and wen im stressed ie Sing, tv show, dance, yoga, nails, walk with bub, park, call friendπŸ’–

It’s so important to have something in place to reduce stress. Something we enjoy and look forward to. Otherwise, it’s just way too easy to head to the kitchen and eat something that doesn’t fit into our plan. Stress eating is an easy habit to fall into, but it derails our progress.

You are so right @themedalist and thanks for being supportive. I did this for many years.. no appetite all day as stressed at work then come home and eat a billion calories a day.. lol. Yes I totally agree having something to look forward to and use to distress instead of food is key for me personally. I am still trying to figure out something I can stick to and something that I really enjoy as I find I am am pretty wired after work. I am on holidays from work atm and its amazing how different I feel and act and how less stressed I am! I am so worked up after work and stuck in my head . All good though I am sure with time I will find a way to chill out quicker once I close that office door. Practice makes perfect right! Night all. Xox
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Aug 7

I am self-identifying as a Sewest. At least a little progress on sewing projects every day.

1. My goal for this month (This August I will...") : This August I will make progress on a current sewing project every day.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Before work each day [before lunch on weekends] I will do at least one step on my current project.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: Placing my coffee cup in the sink will be my cue to turn on the sewing machine OR thread the basting needle and Do The Next Step.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): Every day.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Before starting work, I will check off a colourful section in my Habit Tracker.
    6. What help do you need from us? Ask me what step I am on / when to expect the next Pic of Finished Project
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of August? At least 3 projects finished (pjs for DH (finished! πŸ’«); 1 blouse for me; 1 shirt for him)

🧡-🧡-🧡-πŸ‘Ž-🧡-🧡-🧡-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-25-26-27-28-29-30-31

One third of my "what does success look like" list is officially checked COMLETE! Doing the final tweaks to the test-fitting muslin of the blouse-for-me, and hoping to have that 100% cut out of the fashion-fabric by tomorrow evening ....
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member

1. My goal for this month (This August I will...")
    This August, I am continuing to work on refining my laminated Solid Habit Sheets.
    (Using β€˜am’ as opposed to β€˜I will … β€˜ as it gives me less scope to cop out.

Changing "will" to "am" is a fantastic idea! Adding it to my toolkit. :)
  • BMcC9
    Aug 8

I am self-identifying as a Sewest. At least a little progress on sewing projects every day.

1. My goal for this month (This August I will...") : This August I will make progress on a current sewing project every day.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Before work each day [before lunch on weekends] I will do at least one step on my current project.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: Placing my coffee cup in the sink will be my cue to turn on the sewing machine OR thread the basting needle and Do The Next Step.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Before starting work, I will check off a colourful section in my Habit Tracker.
    6. What help do you need from us? Ask me what step I am on / when to expect the next Pic of Finished Project
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of August? At least 3 projects finished (pjs for DH (finished! πŸ’«); 1 blouse for me; 1 shirt for him)

🧡-🧡-🧡-πŸ‘Ž-🧡-🧡-🧡-🧡-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-25-26-27-28-29-30-31

Final tweaks to the test-fitting muslin of the blouse-for-me done; cutting postponed as I make up a Hussiff for my BIL to give to a "courtesy niece" neighbour about to head off to first-year university.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,018 Member
    edited August 2022
    πŸͺ·πŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒΊπŸŒΈπŸŒΌπŸͺ·
    πŸͺ·πŸŒΌ AUGUST 🌼πŸͺ·

I have a tranche of Daily Solid Habits which I am continuing to perform:
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»9 10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    This August, I am continuing to work on refining my laminated Solid Habit Sheets.
    (Using β€˜am’ as opposed to β€˜I will … β€˜ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    a) Continue to organise Solid Habits into Morning, Evening, other categories.
    b) Type up on A4 and print out. Could use double sided?
    c) Set laminating machine and pouches up in hobbies room
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit.
    a) I have set morning/afternoon/evening reminders on phone.
    b) I am setting a timer when I start.
    4. How often am I doing my August habit (daily is best if possible)
    Daily from 4th August. (After my holiday)
    To date:
    βœ–οΈβœ–οΈβœ–οΈπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    πŸ’ƒπŸΌ 9 10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?
    I am doing a victory πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    6. What help do you need from us?
    Click β€œLike” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of August?
    A set of laminated reminder sheets that can be annotated in non permanent markers.
  • donna25trinity
    8th Aug
    Went over calories but ok with it though as on holidays so the fact I'm still working out is a win. Xo
    Goals/ habits for August
    * Track every blt, weigh the grazingπŸ‘‡
    * Pretrack including w/eπŸ‘‡
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ’–
    * Put weight in app πŸ’–
    *Journal and gratitude πŸ’–
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * Look for another job πŸ’–
    * Hve things to look forward after work and wen im stressed ie Sing, tv show, movie dance, yoga, nails, walk with bub, park & bath πŸ’–
    * Be present with bub after work for at least 1 hour πŸ’–
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ‘‡
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    opalle wrote: Β»

This August I will change how I eat my meals by using the fullness scale, taking my time to eat and enjoy the food, and stopping when I reached 7, no matter how much is left on my plate. I hope by the end of August this comes naturally to me.

Into week 2 and evaluating my progress. I've noticed two things that I need to work on to help reach the above goal.

The first is I need to get better at making some time in the afternoon for a healthy & filling snack because if I don't, my hunger level at dinner is at a 2, instead of the recommended level 4 and it becomes harder to slow down, whch in turn makes it harder to stop before I'm too full. This hurdle is not surprising and easily fixed.

The second one is not so easy. I've realized that for years, especially at dinner my hunger would be at 2-3 and I would eat until I'm at an 8 or even 9. Eating until I am so full I cannot take another bite has become my normal and my brain is telling me I should eat more even though I have had enough to meet my needs. So far, by simply acknowledging this, willpower is winning but it is harder than I thought. That little voice saying I should have more also doesn't shut up after dinner. I include a night snack in my meal plan anyway but I realize I have to put more effort into teaching myself what enough is. I am hopeful that, by recognizing this, and through practice, I can change what my brain thinks is normal.

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,023 Member
    Tuesday August 9 Update

This August, I will not eat back my exercise calories through nighttime snacking.

To date:
    β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ 🍽 β™₯️ β™₯️ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Insights:
    Day 6 was a fiasco β€” truly the best word to describe it. Again, too many calories left uneaten and a low protein day = my worst scenario. 😬

Day 7 - I felt ill most of the day and recovered. 🀒

Day 8 - better planned the day; no nighttime snacking, although up most of the night with a sick pup, I had nothing but tea. Continuing on this journey. πŸ₯±

Day 3 was brutal and I finally confirmed that my low protein intake and having a large bank of calories still uneaten by dinner’s end is a very bad combination for me. Stopped myself from eating all the things and once I had fuelled a reasonable amount to ensure I wouldn’t wake in the night starving, I went to bed. Day four and five have been so much better and I feel really good about this. I’ve struggled with my protein intake for 6 months. πŸ₯°
    β™₯️ success
    πŸ₯’ used extra calories to eat veggies
    🍴 a missed day
  • donna25trinity
    9th report
    Goals/ habits for August
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ’–
    * Put weight in app πŸ‘‡
    *Journal and gratitude πŸ‘‡
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * Look for another job πŸ’–
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ’–

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Just dropping in to say hi, playing guitar more still exercising and almost in the middle of Atomic Habits I actually bought my daughter a copy and she is finding it insightful. Made homemade chili with Boca crumbles this evening really good so still trying to stay focused on good food without added stuff.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,018 Member
    πŸͺ·πŸŒΌ AUGUST 🌼πŸͺ·

I have a tranche of Daily Solid Habits which I am continuing to perform:
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    a) Continue to organise Solid Habits into Morning, Evening, other categories.
    b) Type up on A4 and print out. Could use double sided?
    c) Set laminating machine and pouches up in hobbies room
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit.
    a) I have set morning/afternoon/evening reminders on phone.
    b) I am setting a timer when I start.
    4. How often am I doing my August habit (daily is best if possible)
    Daily from 4th August. (After my holiday)
    To date:
    βœ–οΈβœ–οΈβœ–οΈπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31
    5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?
    I am doing a victory πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    6. What help do you need from us?
    Click β€œLike” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of August?
    A set of laminated reminder sheets that can be annotated in non permanent markers.

• BMcC9
    Aug 9

🧡-🧡-🧡-πŸ‘Ž-🧡-🧡-🧡-🧡-🧡-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-25-26-27-28-29-30-31
    Adjustments needed to Hussiff pattern.
  • BMcC9
    Aug 10

🧡-🧡-🧡-πŸ‘Ž-🧡-🧡-🧡-🧡-🧡-πŸ‘Ž-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-25-26-27-28-29-30-31
    Adjustments needed to Hussiff pattern.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,023 Member
    edited August 2022
    Thursday August 11 Update

This August, I will not eat back my exercise calories through nighttime snacking.

To date:
    β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ 🍴 β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ β™₯️ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Insights:
    Days 1 & 2 - thought I had it all sorted and this would be the easiest β€œchallenge” I’d ever set.

Day 3 was brutal and I finally confirmed that my low protein intake and having a large bank of calories still uneaten by dinner’s end is a very bad combination for me. Stopped myself from eating all the things and once I had fuelled a reasonable amount to ensure I wouldn’t wake in the night starving, I went to bed.

Days 4 & 5 were so much better and I feel really good about this. I’ve struggled with my protein intake for 6 months. πŸ₯°

Day 6 was a fiasco β€” truly the best word to describe it. Again, too many calories left uneaten and a low protein day = my worst scenario. 😬

Day 7 - I felt ill most of the day and recovered; no evening eating. 🀒

Day 8 - better planned the day; no nighttime snacking, although up most of the night with a sick pup, I had nothing but tea. Continuing on this journey. πŸ₯±

Day 9, 10, & 11 - doing well and the pre-planning is helping ensure higher protein intake and more calories used earlier in the day. Pup is improving and we all got some sleep on the night of the 10th.
    β™₯️ success
    πŸ₯’ used extra calories to eat veggies
    🍴 a missed day
  • donna25trinity
    edited August 2022
    Report 11th
    Last 2 days of holidays has been way too much eating but nice too.
    Goals/ habits for August
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ’–
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * Do 1 thing from personal to do list πŸ‘‡
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ’–

• donna25trinity
    edited August 2022
    Report 12th
    Goals/ habits for August
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ’–
    *Journal and gratitude πŸ‘‡Goals/ habits for August
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ‘‡
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * Do 1 thing from personal to do list πŸ‘‡
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ’–

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,511 Member
    My night time munching is creeping back in so I need to refocus in that area. My meditation has a strong place in my morning routine I am still struggling with the best spot to put spin and rowing. I have been reading atomic habits and he does have some good ideas trying to find a good place to put them in. I will keep working at all my goals life is not meant to be a smooth ride it’s got some pot holes ! Enjoy the weekend!
  • donna25trinity
    edited August 2022
    Had a lovely massage and lunch yest with one of my friends. One thing that stood out to me was how fast I ate compared to her lol. Then it got me thinking wen I first joined mfp and lost alot of weight one thing I focused on was eating slowly and mindfully. Then between hving a screaming toddler and work stresses I lost that and started the bad habit of inhaling my food so today I forced myself to eat slow and managed to savour breakfast for 11min. Lol! Xox

Goals/ habits for August
    * Eat meals slowly πŸ‘‡
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ‘‡
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ‘‡
  • donna25trinity
    Report 14th
    Yes x3
    Lots of eating slowly today
    Goals/ habits for August
    *,Eat meals slowly πŸ’–
    * Maintain in AugustπŸ‘‡
    * Put weight in app πŸ‘‡
    *Leave work at work πŸ’–
    * In bed by 9pm!πŸ’–