WeightNoMore Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    My body is so efficient at keeping me safe during a famine. About 1500 calories - 500 calories of walking (12000 steps) and i gain half a pound. Normally id give up by now from frustration but im gonna continue believing in the process. Ugh. Anytime i get to 239 lbs, my body starts resisting the weight loss. Im dont need extra weight in case of a famine, i promise u body! Ugh

That much walking probably put a reasonable amount of strain on your body! Your gain is likely water to help your muscles recover from the movement. Just stick with it, I promise consistency is the way to go!

• pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    User Name: Pizzafruit

Weigh-In Day: Tuesday
    PW:278
    CW:278

Getting back to consistent tracking and developing a better attitude are a necessity.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    steps

Sunday: 8334
    Monday: 7260
    Tuesday: 9367
    Wednesday: 10809
    Thursday: 9882
    Friday: 18415 ( <3 hike day!)
    Saturday: 12637
    TOTAL: 76,704

We were away for a swim meet last weekend but Friday we were just driving there. Once the tent was set up, we drove some more to see two beautiful waterfalls. The hike was not too long but added some steps. We camped next to the pool, which is next to the beautiful park with a pond - I went around that pond in the evening = more steps.
    Eating was totally out of my normal and I came back so bloated I almost got a heart attack when I saw the number Monday morning. Then I miraculously lost 3 pounds overnight. ;) Oh, how I wish I could keep that pace! :D
  • SarahJoyManea
    SarahJoyManea Posts: 34 Member
    SarahJoyManea

Steps so far for August

1/8/22 - 23,409
    2/8/22 - 22,124
    3/8/22 - 14,759
    4/8/22 - 11,568
    5/8/22 - 26,127
    6/8/22 - 11,772
    7/8/22 - 11,815
    8/8/22 - 21,362
    9/8/22 - 22,097

Thanks - looking forward to my next weigh in on Friday, I think it should be a positive result - and if not, I know it'll pay off next week instead, just have to stick at it!

💓🧡💛💚💙💜
  • melissacoleman430
    melissacoleman430 Posts: 69 Member
    My body is so efficient at keeping me safe during a famine. About 1500 calories - 500 calories of walking (12000 steps) and i gain half a pound. Normally id give up by now from frustration but im gonna continue believing in the process. Ugh. Anytime i get to 239 lbs, my body starts resisting the weight loss. Im dont need extra weight in case of a famine, i promise u body! Ugh

That much walking probably put a reasonable amount of strain on your body! Your gain is likely water to help your muscles recover from the movement. Just stick with it, I promise consistency is the way to go!
    thank goodness, I believe that’s correct too bc I lost weight this morning 😊thank you for the extra motivation I needed it😊🌻

• 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    August 7th
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: July 31st - 229.0
    Current Weight: August 7th - 228.2

And I am finally back in my own bed after 5 weeks away! Yay! Back to my routine and the gym tomorrow.
  • worldtrav89
    worldtrav89 Posts: 30 Member
    Weigh in 8.10.2022
    Weigh in day: wednesday

Pw: 218.6
    Cw: 220.0
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Hi there! My scale is currently broken, so no weigh-in for me this week.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited August 2022
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    AUGUST WEEK ONE

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 8
    Total Steps: 481,871
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 60,234

The Leaderboard -

@SarahJoyManea - 121,574 total | 17,368 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @cleaneater80 - 79,286 total | 11,327 average
    @MotylekOkruchy - 76,704 total | 10,958 average
    @Browan19 - 63,689 total | 9,098 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @ljdanny - 44,917 total | 6,417 average
    @shnkrnrynn - 37,466 total | 5,352 average
    @melissacoleman430 - 29,575 total | 4,225 average
    @pacsnc6 - 28,660 total | 4,094 average

Our small but mighty team may not be so small anymore, but we're definitely still mighty! I'm thinking we can hit a whopping 2 million steps together by the end of the month...
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Hi there! My scale is currently broken, so no weigh-in for me this week.

Oh no! I'll mark you as excused for the week. Thanks for letting us know!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,530 Member
    Just a quick check in from me, I haven't done so well the last few days. Having some stress and tension that's giving me a headache, and overeating (I am a stress eater for sure). Steps have been low. Sleep has been interrupted. I need to get back on track!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Cw 192.6
  • melissacoleman430
    Going out of town for the weekend Friday through Sunday night, planning on pretending I’m thin for meals and just picking at my going out meals instead of eating most of it. Walking shouldn’t be a problem. I finally broke my barrier weight and I’m not about to give that up
  • melissacoleman430
    edited August 2022
    Going out of town for the weekend Friday through Sunday night, planning on pretending I’m thin for meals and just picking at my going out meals instead of eating most of it. Walking shouldn’t be a problem. I finally broke my barrier weight and I’m not about to give that up

Some tips that helped me early on in my journey:
    • Wait until everyone else starts eating before you do (having "proper" table manners helped me a lot with this one)
    • Drink plenty of water before a meal. We often mistake thirst as hunger.
    • Split your plate into two sections: one you plan to eat now, and one you can pick at after you finish the first half but don't plan to eat all of (taking a break after the first section also helps your brain recognize how full your stomach may be)
    • Put your napkin or another piece of trash on your plate after you believe you are "done"
    • Enjoy yourself! One meal will not set back all of the progress you've made and there's no reason to be hard on yourself just for enjoying food

Oh good gravy thank you, I’m very planning oriented and that helps a lot. I so don’t want to ruin my progress. I’m taking diabetes meds and should be taking statins but I’m terrified of statins and trying to be healthy weight instead. Thank you!😊🌻

• cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 428 Member
    @SarahJoyManea - great job on your steps. What do you do to get so many? curious if it's your type of work ect.

@TwistedSassette - we are here for you. getting into a funk is never fun and at times hard to get out of

@9Harvey - nice loss with being away. I always love sleeping in my own bed

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Not sure I did an intro this month. I am 69 years old and retired. I was always skinny until close to 40. I was working in an office and eating mixed nuts by the cup ful every day and drinking Coke all day. Got up to 179 before I decided something had to change. I switched to zero sugar Coke and lost 20 pounds in two years. My only steady exercise was walking with occasional "other" but no real plan.
    Then in 2020 I was diagnosed with a rare type of liver cancer. I have tried chemo, immunotherapy, radiation and more chemo. Today the doctor said she thinks this is not working and we need to decide new options. It is very frustrating to go for these treatments every two or three weeks wondering what my body is doing and waiting 3 months between scans to find out. I thought last week's scan had good results, no metastasis and tumor looks better but the doctor was not so positive I think because the lymph nodes have not decreased to normal.
    So during this "journey" I have slowly lost about 10 pounds and feel very good most of the time. I eat what I want, just less and do what I want, just get tired more easily. Everyone tells me I look great.
    But I plan to beat this somehow and I am just stubborn enough to do it.
    Keep up the good work and we will all reach our goals.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Weigh in Friday
    Pw: 151.5
    Cw: 151 lbs.

Rule One is never quit. Rule Two is refer to Rule One. Cake happens, but as long as you remember those rules, you'll be OK.
    -Jaimie, WW Leader

From the Motivation app
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    Fridays:

PW: 139.6
    CW: 138.1
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 185.4 (Aug 4th)