NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,560 Member
    Morning all,
    Sorry I have been MIA..I had another episode, went to urgent care after the paramedics came to my home and then ER...I am now on medication, makes me sleepy and nauseous. I have to see a neurologist, sooner than later LOL. This happened on Friday. So I am just laying in the weeds as they say....trying to get my bearings and MOVE ON. I can't drive by myself and I REFUSE to stay this way. LOL

@trooworld it will take time, but you will be back to normal soon. You are doing great even with the gain. Life has it's ups and downs.

@Tamevv you got this...you got the get going attitude and you can do it. I believe in you.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @Tamevv Great job! Yay! That's great you feel great afterward, just try to remember that feeling when you don't want to go.

@cbabie Oh gosh! I am so very sorry. I hope you are okay. Thank you for being encouraging even when you are not doing so well. I hope you get better soon.

Hi all. I've got a bit of a headache this morning. I took some Ibuprofen and am hoping it goes away soon. It's from the heat, it's been so hot here lately and humid. My brain can't take it lol. And with the heat come the ants in our condo. We get an infestation every summer. I've put out traps and hopefully, that will take care of it. Have a good day!

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    edited August 2022
    Morning. Quick check in to share a win - hard to get up this morning and didn’t do exercise, after drop off was going to come home for coffee and cake. Decided last minute that was stupid so on goes the workout pants and snuck in a 20min stint on the elliptical. Now off for a shower and feeling positive about the day . Oh and I did exercise yesterday as well but let DS talk me into cake in the afternoon (…..and DH might have suggested cherry pie for dessert……but it was a small portion with sugar free *pretend* ice cream. Still calling it a win 😊
  • cbabie
    I don't know if I can handle this....my family wants me to do nothing. I have an appt with a neurologist at the end of the month. I am hoping I get a reprieve. I believe it's nothing but anxiety and stress that causes these stupid things. The meds make me nausea and tired. I am very grumpy from people telling me I am elderly. I believe that is a state of mind.

@trooworld it is humid and it does stink...so sorry you have ants...ugh. we get them in the dog food if it sits out too long.

@Tamevv Loved the pretend ice cream and SF...win win..LOL. good decisions.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    @cbabie Sorry to hear you’re struggling physically, must be frustrating having external restrictions put on you. Hopefully your appt will give some other options or clarity about what you can and can’t safely do.

And I second the thanks for being encouraging and supportive of others even when you are not doing so great yourself.

• Tamevv
    @trooworld Hope the headache improved. “Ugh” to the ants - they are so annoying.

I’ve had a good day thus far but heading into my trouble window so am here to check in and try to stay focussed. Daughter cooks tonight so I have no reason to be in the kitchen (and no excuses 😏).

After posting this morning I looked at that cake that was calling my name and decided to be proactive - checked how many portions it was sposed to be and nearly died when it said 10 - I was thinking like 4 or maybe 6 🙄. So I pulled out the scales and did cut it up onto 10 tiny slices which are just under 150cals each. Each portion is in a ziplock bag in the freezer ready to be consumed responsibly (instead of just munching on the whole thing in a sulk one evening - which is probably what would have happened if I’d left it where it was). Was going to have one this afternoon but youngest decided he wants to make waffles so I’ll have one of those and will work out the cals to track.

And thanks @trooworld for kind-of giving me permission to ignore the kids and dog and dishes and come straight to my room when I get home and take a breather to re-center and prepare mentally for the next segment of my day. It is proving helpful 👍

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all,
    Sorry I have been MIA..I had another episode, went to urgent care after the paramedics came to my home and then ER...I am now on medication, makes me sleepy and nauseous. I have to see a neurologist, sooner than later LOL. This happened on Friday. So I am just laying in the weeds as they say....trying to get my bearings and MOVE ON. I can't drive by myself and I REFUSE to stay this way. LOL

@trooworld it will take time, but you will be back to normal soon. You are doing great even with the gain. Life has it's ups and downs.

@Tamevv you got this...you got the get going attitude and you can do it. I believe in you.

Cbabie

Hope you feel better soon! Hopefully they find out what’s going on. Sending hugs and prayers.
    trooworld wrote: »
    @Tamevv Great job! Yay! That's great you feel great afterward, just try to remember that feeling when you don't want to go.

@cbabie Oh gosh! I am so very sorry. I hope you are okay. Thank you for being encouraging even when you are not doing so well. I hope you get better soon.

Hi all. I've got a bit of a headache this morning. I took some Ibuprofen and am hoping it goes away soon. It's from the heat, it's been so hot here lately and humid. My brain can't take it lol. And with the heat come the ants in our condo. We get an infestation every summer. I've put out traps and hopefully, that will take care of it. Have a good day!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

Hope the headache and ants have gone away. Both are a nuisance.
  • trooworld
    @Tamevv Yay! Way to go!!! I would call the day a win, too! Thanks, and yes, the ants are annoying. That was really smart to cut up the cake and bag it up. Now you know where it stands and if you decide to have it, how much to track! I'm glad the re-centering is helping.

@cbabie What does your family want you to do nothing about? Your health? I hope it is just anxiety and stress. I would be grumpy about people telling me that, too. Yeah, we get ants in the dog food too, if we forget to take it up. Hugs.

@gemwolf110 Thanks! Yes, ants are the worst lol. How are you? How's the app for grad school coming?

Hi all. I didn't do so hot yesterday, I was way over on points and didn't care much. My manager gave notice she is switching to a different department within the company and will no longer be my manager. We are close, so it was upsetting. Some of my coworkers asked me if I was going to apply to be the manager but I said no. I didn't tell them why but the real reason is I couldn't work under the person that would be my boss if I were the manager. I'd rather stay at the level I am at until they retire.

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all...sorry been MIA. (pretty normal for me, tho, I guess, lol) I agree with everyone...this has been a hot dry (well, no rain, but still humid at times) summer. I am glad I am not in OK where dd lives, they have had so many days over 100! We are just reaching high 90's.

@trooworld Sorry about the ants. We had them earlier but they have disappeared for now. That is probably a smart decision about the job..sometimes people can be so hard to work for. Yesterday is done, just try to start over again today. I have days when I am over, but like you said some days I just don't care. Hope your headaches are better. Good job doing the Tonal.

@Tamevv Good job portioning out the cake & freezing it. I usually cut it in "serving" sizes, but it never lasts long enough to freeze, lol. Although, dh is saying he needs to lose a little weight, so maybe it would last a little longer. Can't give you advice about avoiding kids & dogs..been awhile since we have had either here other than for a visit, lol. Dishes are another story..I can avoid them for awhile, but have gotten better. Everytime we go to dd's house there are so many dishes in sink you can't get to the sink & it drives me nuts, so I usually do them. I think this has helped me be better about doing them at home, too. Keep trying with the tracking, etc..that is all we can do.

@cbabie What!! They are saying you are old! I refuse to believe that...I am pretty sure I am older! Sorry you are having these episodes, tho, & hope they can figure out what is causing them. Hopefully it is just stress!! & hope you can figure out how to lower the stress!

Not much happening here. So hot & dry, we have not mowed grass for probably at least a month. It is very brown & dormant. My little garden still producing green beans, my tomatoes are starting to turn red. Got 2 zucchini & think that will be it! Dd has been giving me cucumbers in exchange for green
    beans. I didn't use to like cucumbers, but she told me how she fixes them & now I can eat them. They are probably good for me, but not necessarily the mayo & sugar that she soaks them in, lol. We have been having corn on the cob, too. Best part of summer food!!

I know I have said before about going plant based, but haven't committed to it yet. The more I read, I do think it is a healthy way of eating, but hard with dh not really into it. One of the people I follow eats very plainly..not sure I can do that, but found another who has some interesting sounding recipes. That might be doable, if I want to do more cooking, lol. I have been trying to have more vegetables & fruit & only having meat at one meal a day. I don't get bored with the same breakfast, so always have steel cut oats, chia seeds, flax seed, walnuts, & blueberries (& a little sugar), and try to have potato, nonstarchy veg, & maybe fruit for supper. (dinner) We have been trying to have our bigger meal at lunch time, so that's when I eat whatever meat we decide on. Some days it works, others not so much, lol I have been trying to walk on the treadmill each morning & started some Senior exercises that I am not as consistent with as I would like.
    The amazing thing for me is most of the time I can stay under my calorie allowance & have been losing about 1/2# a week. That is good enough for me...I know I am not willing to be too strict. Crazy about logging..I have done it for so many years, it is just something I do always (even when way over!) except when gone. I think I am almost at 10 years on MFP, although my streak is not that long, because I have missed days. You would think I would be skinny, instead of mostly maintaining in all that time! :)

• trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Yes, you pop in and out and we are happy to see you when you do pop in! <3 It's been in the 90s here with a lot of humidity. I hate ants. Thank you, the headache is better today! Your garden sounds so nice. I love corn on the cob but my husband doesn't like corn much (he ate it all the time as a kid) so we don't have it much. If you go plant-based, I hope it works out. I've also heard it is healthy for you but the most I've lasted on a plant-based diet is 9 months. Your breakfast sounds really healthy. That's a great rate of loss, you are going in the right direction and it's a healthy rate. Congrats! Sounds like you've made tracking a healthy habit.

Hi all. Yesterday was pretty good. I didn't drink enough water though. I did track everything. Today is like my Friday: I am off tomorrow and can't wait. My husband is off, too, and we are going to do fun things.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi again..quick note..regarding the plant based..Ian Smith says you can have the benefits of it if you try to do it 70% of the time. That sounds doable to me, just trying to eat up a half chest type freezer of meat first, lol.

State Fair starts today…it’s going to heat up again, lol. Not sure if we will go or not. Missed the last few years because of Covid, but getting more relaxed about it. ( might not be the best idea..but I think it’s going to be something to live with for awhile at least)

@trooworld. Yay for tracking! Have fun with your hubby!
  • Tamevv
    @trooworld That’s a shame about your boss moving. Will you still get to catch up for lunches and chats? If so it might open up a whole new avenue to your friendship if she’s not your boss anymore, you can just be peers and friends. In the last year I’ve had 4 different direct managers. The last one I didn’t seem to be on the same wavelength with and I just couldn’t read him very well. It makes such a difference to my sense of stability having a manager who I know where I stand with. Hope whoever they get to replace your friend is a good fit for you.

Hi @retiredandlovingit 👋. I’m jealous of your garden. Before we moved I had quite a big garden and have always grown heaps of my own veg. I really miss it here (although I do not miss the weeding or maintenance so much - those were always a “chore” but tending to the plants themselves I loved. And like all exercise, once I got into the weeding I did enjoy it and felt I’d achieved something when I was done). We are taking steps towards erecting some raised beds here, but it’s a situation where they are on the “to do” list but still not quite at the top. Maybe as spring gets closer we will bump them up. We LOVE cucumbers!! They are so ridiculously expensive here at the moment, so I feel quite guilty buying them but I still do about once a week or so (in summer we eat them with every meal). Hit you have excess you can pickle them - super easy and so delicious. I also have a recipe for a Japanese-style dressing to top them “smashed” if you’re interested. Oh and corn! We used to eat it straight from the plant - completely fresh and raw. Ohhhh I’m so envious (but also excited and happy for you 😉)

Have to run, more later…..
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @Tamevv Yay! Way to go!!! I would call the day a win, too! Thanks, and yes, the ants are annoying. That was really smart to cut up the cake and bag it up. Now you know where it stands and if you decide to have it, how much to track! I'm glad the re-centering is helping.

@cbabie What does your family want you to do nothing about? Your health? I hope it is just anxiety and stress. I would be grumpy about people telling me that, too. Yeah, we get ants in the dog food too, if we forget to take it up. Hugs.

@gemwolf110 Thanks! Yes, ants are the worst lol. How are you? How's the app for grad school coming?

Hi all. I didn't do so hot yesterday, I was way over on points and didn't care much. My manager gave notice she is switching to a different department within the company and will no longer be my manager. We are close, so it was upsetting. Some of my coworkers asked me if I was going to apply to be the manager but I said no. I didn't tell them why but the real reason is I couldn't work under the person that would be my boss if I were the manager. I'd rather stay at the level I am at until they retire.

Hi! So far so good. Been really busy. App is going, undergrad wouldn’t release the official transcripts so I had to send them.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    edited August 2022
    So I'm back from my trip to Scotland. I'll share some pics. I gained 0.8 lbs while I was gone so that's a good thing. Climbing the streets in Edinburgh and then the hills in the Highlands were hard. I was so out of breath I had to stop midway and catch my breath. So that will be my goal for next year. I will be doing hill programs on the treadmill to help me with endurance.

So now back to my good habits so I can start losing some weight. Although I have a really bad cough now. Tested negative for covid but if it continues, I'll retest later.
  • theslightedgeforever
    ziu4e23d1mh7.jpg
    9d0snezz8dlc.jpg
    dlyhywsjw4db.jpg
    dw53yu60o1cm.jpg
    3sqfmc41aahh.jpg
  • Tamevv
    @trooworld Ooh, let us know what fun things you got up to - always up for ideas 😉

@theslightesgeforever Welcome back! The old buildings look so interesting - Id love to wander around inside them and imagine how life might have been. thanks for sharing photos.

My update: Yesterday was a good exercise day today and okay food wise till I finally got time to make the cake I’ve been gathering ingredients for for a couple of weeks - just “tasted” too much along the way. Today is my day off exercise and I don’t want to talk about food 😔. Busy day tomorrow with quality time with middle child in the morning then a musical theatre performance in the afternoon. I’m hoping we might get a meal out as well - haven’t eaten out since we got back from hols (we never do very much). I was tempted to buy lunch on the way home but decided I could do the healthy version for myself, but it kind of led into other things so might have been better off to just have the thing I was hankering for and be done with it. Maybe there’s a lesson there…. Will ponder.
  • trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt That's great that it only takes 70% of the time, that's doable. I think you are right about COVID. I hope you get to go to the fair. Thanks!

@Tamevv Yeah it is. Yes, luckily I will still be able to "see" her and have lunch with her! I agree with having a manager who you know where you stand with.

@gemwolf110 There's always a hoop to jump through, isn't there?

@theslightedgeforever Welcome back! 0.8 lbs is not bad at all, I would consider that a win. :D That's a good goal. Thanks for sharing the pictures, it looks beautiful there. Cool things to see. I'm glad you are back!

Hi all. We are going for a massage today and we *might* go to the wild animal park but if it is too hot (which it probably will be), we won't. We will probably play a video game and cook something good to eat. Tomorrow, we are going to this thing called "Pageant of the Masters": https://www.foapom.com/ It's where actors reenact famous paintings. It's super cool. We will bring a picnic and it will be fun, as long as it doesn't rain.

• cbabie

***I typed this yesterday and evidently didn't hit send.. :(

Morning all, I am struggling to eat right...the medicine makes my appetite messed up. I am getting used to it and not as tired as I first was. My appointment isn't for a couple of weeks, by then, I will have it all figured out..LOL. No one wants to walk or anything...I think maybe if I am just as annoying as they are, I will get my way. LOL

@trooworld I hope you are feeling better today and so sorry about your manager leaving..I was there in that situation a long time ago..my BF was my manager, she retired and left me with a manager that hated me...needless to say...it didn't go well. We had been bought out by Target who at the time had a office furniture division...and they bought our competition and made us work together...we did, but my boss who was part owner of the company retired after a couple of years and well I was called on the carpet more than I can count. In normal circumstances, it would have been my position...but like you I would not have taken it either. LOL. I hope it works out for YOUR best....you really like what you do and that is a good thing.
  • theslightedgeforever
    I'm here but sick again. So basically nothing was accomplished but taking a second covid test. Still negative. Just a old fashioned cough and cold then.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie I’m so very sorry that you are struggling so much and I really pray that you can find answers that will give you back your life. Keep fighting and keep your faith! <3

@RetiredAndLovingIt I’ve been MIA too! I’m not an advocate of a plant-based diet but if you feel it would help you then go for it and just monitor how it makes you feel. Do make sure you get in plenty of plant based protein if you do go to the 70% of the time. I would love to go to the fair! :)

@theslightedgeforever Wow gaining under a pound while on vacation is amazing! All that climbing was good for you. :grin: Amazing pictures!! So sorry that you are sick again. :/

@trooworld I hope you have a great day with your hubby. Getting a massage sounds wonderful. I remember you going to the Pageant of Masters and loving it. :)

@Tamevv Good to meet you! :) I’m always amazed at how little the portion size really is on things like cake. I love cake and could never have it in my house or I would be eating it up!

Good morning everyone! Yes, I know that I have been MIA and I'm sorry about it. I'm not on the computer much these days and when I am on it in the mornings, I’ve had a bunch of church work to do. Mostly making all new graphics and updating the website, which has been a real pain. Things here with my sister are going great and we spend much of our afternoons working on a puzzle. She just started a little part-time job at a deli that she seems to like well enough. DH is doing OK right now. He has been dealing with a stomach thing for the last couple of weeks and we think it’s time for him to see a GI doctor so we can figure out what is the best course of action. Cognitively he has good and bad days and I'm super happy that we have gone two months without a trip to the ER. *knock on wood!* My diet is going well. Danna and I are enjoying being at TOPS and the weekly accountability is a good thing for us. I’m still fasting and trying to keep it low carb. I just started a new workout program on Beachbody called Barre Extend and it’s kicking my butt but I like it and will stick it out for now. I will try to check in more often! :)