Only Day 4 But

dannytrees1
dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
It’s day 4 for me today
Here’s a few things I didn’t do.
Eat or buy any pizza… I use to eat a whole frozen pizza at once.
No Pepsi and BBQ chips.
Eating just 1 sandwich instead of 2
And useing ham instead of salami.
My next goal is to figure out how to make a stir fry,
And pick up some wraps to use instead of bread.
I plan to weigh myself tomorrow 🤠
Dan

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Nice job, Dan! You’re doing great!
  • kpie88
    kpie88 Posts: 12 Member
    Keep up the good work Dan! You're making steps in the right direction and that's what matters.
  • suchaprettyface70
    suchaprettyface70 Posts: 49 Member
    The low carb Ole Wraps are great if you can get them. They have wheat, spinach, and tomato. The spinach are my go to.

You are doing great. Keep up the good choices.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,189 Member
    You're doing great! Keep it up!!

Here's a pretty good stir fry recipe that I have made many times.
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-and-broccoli-stir-fry/#recipe
    I only use a teaspoon of sugar instead of a tablespoon.
    I've also added some diced carrots, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots or mushrooms. Sometimes I substitute string beans for the broccoli or lean beef or pork for the chicken.
  • Life_On_The_Lake
    Life_On_The_Lake Posts: 23 Member
    Good job Dan! Learn to love your new alternate choices - Experiment and discover new flavors out there.
    Honestly you will be surprised at how many foods and different sauces and/or spice combinations are actually delicious.

Prepare yourself for stumbles, just do not allow yourself to fall and if you do Dan, don't stay there on the ground, get back up and pick up where you left off as fast as you can! Learn to be proud of yourself over the little things and inspire yourself to do more of them. Be patient too with yourself and the weight loss.

All the best brother, believe & trust in yourself. One step at a time and small changes are around every blind corner.
  • Floydy89
    Floydy89 Posts: 23 Member
    Excellent, well done mate. Sounds like some really good starting points - I find it easier to make some subtle changes to begin with (like just having a smaller portion of what I was already having) and some decent substitutes (like you’re doing with the wraps for the bread) and build from there. Best of luck!
  • sharonblack14
    sharonblack14 Posts: 3 Member
    my day 4 too! Didn't eat pancakes. Didn't eat chips and cheese sauce. Didn't eat cupcakes........ Sugar is the thing for me. Using a monk fruit replacement. I love MY FITNESS PAL.
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    It’s day 4 for me today
    Here’s a few things I didn’t do.
    Eat or buy any pizza… I use to eat a whole frozen pizza at once.
    No Pepsi and BBQ chips.
    Eating just 1 sandwich instead of 2
    And useing ham instead of salami.
    My next goal is to figure out how to make a stir fry,
    And pick up some wraps to use instead of bread.
    I plan to weigh myself tomorrow 🤠
    Dan

Congratulations on your success. No need to cut out bread or burger buns completely. If you can find them....Carbonaut carries low carb stuff. Here in BC, Canada we buy it at our local SaveOn stores. Here's the link. https://www.carbonaut.co
  • mattchilese
    mattchilese Posts: 1 Member
    Great job with the will power. I've found that will power is like a muscle. It takes time to develop, but gets stronger and makes it easier to beat those unhealthy habits I used to have.
    Keep up the great work!
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 72 Member
    edited August 2022
    Congrads!! One day at a time, stir fries are so easy once you do a couple. Throw some veggies in a pay or foil on the grill, we do zucchini on the grill with salsa and add a little cheese, anything goes! We all love it. I love eating healthy and I feel so much better, use the YUKA app to scan foods, it is fun to see what is in all the processed crap they make! Keep going!
  • mjc614900
    mjc614900 Posts: 30 Member
    LaBanderita has keto wraps - a little pricey, but great for a sandwich and very low carbs. I now measure cooking oil. I try to stick with one teaspoon of vegetable oil.
  • Sschnurman
    Sschnurman Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Danny

I'm on day 675, but I too started on day one 55lbs ago. I wish you the best. What I found was that I needed to try to pack good nutrition into my fewer allowed calories. I do go off every blue moon for special occasions and such for a meal. I don't worry about it because I know I'm on MFP for the duration. I came to grips that I need to log my food for the rest of my life or I'll go right back to the bad habits that I had "eyeballing" my meals. I always give myself more calories when not logging... hence my weight gain. I've lost weight before on this and when I went off? I gained. I'm on for life. My best hopes for you!
  • lee_tlmn
    lee_tlmn Posts: 5 Member
    4x as much as you, at Day 16 now. 15 pounds down. I did the same thing - no more frozen pizza, one sandwich at a time...hard for the first 10 days or so, then gets easier a day at a time.
  • mjcavey
    mjcavey Posts: 10 Member
    The first few days can be really hard, so great job! Keep up the great work.
  • dhadley1970
    dhadley1970 Posts: 16 Member
    Misson Carb Balance flour tortillas taste like the real thing. Super low in carbs and calories. They are a bit small, but trains you to make smaller portions (breakfast burrito's, quesadilla's, wraps, etc.) Congrats on your weight loss! You are an inspiration!
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Thanks Freinds,
    3 more days and it’s 1 month for me.
    I started at 212
    Now I’m 199
    I have moved 1 notch on my belt.
    My t shirts are feeling a little looser.
    I’m enjoying being on mfp and what I’m doing to loose weight.
    My next interest is shopping correctly…. I’m buying too many veggies and there going bad in the fridge.
    Bananas, celery, and red peppers are my main problem now… trying to keep them fresh
    Still no more pizza Pepsi and bbq chips👍
    Looking forward and hoping to lose another 10 lbs in September.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited August 2022
    @dannytrees1 This is awesome, Danny. You must feel fantastic every time you look down at your belt. Sometimes, it's the inches and not the pounds that make all of the difference. 68rzj3s2xmrj.pngPrep your vegetables and add dry paper towels to the ziplock bags. They'll keep longer that way. Lettuce, too.
  • TicTacToo
    TicTacToo Posts: 76 Member
    Good job, Dan! My stirfries are usually sliced chicken breast or steak; garlic, ginger and soy sauce; then some frozen mixed veg chucked in... the supermarket freezer section often has a strifry veg combo with everything sliced up and ready to go.
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Great job!! Please let us know how your weigh in goes 😊
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    You’re doing awesome! I’m looking forward to seeing your progress. 💪
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!